Status: I will try my best to get a chapter a week

Four Years Later

4

Rebecca's P.O.V
"So what are you going to do today?" Mom ask.
"Well Sid wanted to show me something today and James was going to keep an eye on Kaley."
"Where are you going Sid?"
"It's a secret so I can't tell you." After breakfast James took Sid's car because James doesn't have a back seat. My parents were going to be with James. So we took James' car.
"Man, that was even scarier than you finding me." He grab my hand and kiss it. We reach the river and I see a boat waiting for us. Sid took my hand and we walk on to the boat.
"Do you know how to drive this?"
"Yes." Once he took off and we were close to Heinz Field and the Roberto Clemente Bridge. He stop the boat and sat next to me. It was a quiet day and it was a perfect day.
"Rebecca?" I look at him. Then all of a sudden he drop on one knee.
"I have been holding on to this for five years now, I was going to ask you on the day you left and so I have that chance now. Will you marry me?"
http://pinterest.com/pin/192388215301436358/
Wow I am total shock, when he open the box the ring was so beautiful. The ring was different than others I have seen. Gold band and the diamond was shape as a tear drop. I love it and I think I need to stay here. Kaley needs a dad, if I didn't then I didn't know where I would be in life. I do love Sid more when I found out that he was the farther of Kaley. I would have done this with Mike to. If Mike was the farther I bet he would do the same thing. Sid is now waiting for me to give me the answer.
"Yes Sid I will marry you." I let go of his breath and put the ring on. It was more beautiful on my finger. I can't believe that I am going to get married. When we got back to James' place everyone was waiting for us in the living room.
"I said yes!" Everyone was happy about that. Mom came over to see what the ring look like.
"Wow Sid that's a beautiful ring."
"Thanks."
"How long have you been keeping the ring for?" I ask.
"Close to Five years now." Wow I can't believe that Sid kept the ring for that long. When I got Kaley into bed Sid was still in the kitchen, he was making some coffee.
"Do you want some?"
"No I am good, I don't drink that much since I had Kaley."
"Can't you believe that tomorrow Kaley will turn 5 and now we have to find a school here. Well I have been waiting for Kaley to get in the school she in since she was born." Sid was in shock when I said that.
"So does that mean your going to move back here?"
"Well if I am going to marry you then I have to move back. I am not only thinking of you, I am thinking of Kaley to." Sid nodded his head.
"Well I could ask Tanger to see what school Alex is going. They are the same age."
"You didn't tell me that Tanger's girlfriend was pregnant."
"Well you where gone when I found out about the whole thing."
"So they had a boy." Sid and I had to trying to figure how to get all of my stuff here before the season starts. Which is next week and they won't be here, they will be in Toronto. Also that I have to sell my house to.
"You don't have to."
"Why?"
"That could be our second home, I know that you want to go back there and see your friends."
"Yeah, I will miss them." In the morning Sid was making pancakes for the birthday girl, she was still sleeping.
"Dose your parents know anything about Kaley?" Sid turn around and shook his head.
"No, I haven't told them anything. I know that we need to do that soon."
"Today is your daughter's birthday so you are going to call them right now." I handed him his phone. Sid had the phone on his ear.
"Hey Mom, what are you doing? Ok, I think you need to sit down I need to tell you something that I haven't told you and dad for the past five years." Sid told her mom the whole story.
"Mom are you still there?" Then I hear her screaming in the phone, I don't know if she's happy for angry. I read Sid's mouth. She's happy.
"Yes her name is Kaley, she has my smile and eyes. Rebecca told me that she has my stubbornness from me to." Then Sid was looking at me.
"Well today is her birthday and what are we going to have everyone over. Even Rebecca's parents are here. Also Rebecca and I are getting married so." Then he handed me the phone.
"She wants to talk to you."
"Hello."
"I can't believe this and I am so happy for you, Sid and Kaley. That's a beautiful name for a girl. Troy and I are coming tonight to see her. I can't believe that we have a granddaughter. Bye Rebecca." When I got off the phone I was in total shock.
"I hope that you know that your parents are coming tonight." Sid nodded his head. I heard little feet coming down the stairs. I turn around and I see that Kaley put Sid's jersey on.
"Happy Birthday sweet heart!" I had my arms open and she ran to me. I pick her up and kiss her cheek.
"Do you want me to comb your hair and put it up?" She nodded. So I handed her to Sid.
"Happy Birthday Kaley!" He gave her a kiss on the cheek to.
"So what do you want for breakfast?"
"Pancakes!" While I was combing Kaley's hair and watching Sid make breakfast. I was enjoying this. I wanted this for a long time. Then there was a knock on the door. Who was coming over? Once I got Kaley's hair up. She ran to the door. It was James.
"Hey it's birthday girl !"
"Hi Uncle James!" She had to arms wide open and James pick her up. I came into the group hug. He was carrying a couple of bags. We had a nice breakfast as a family.
"Kaley your other grandparents are coming to see you to."
"Your parents are coming down?"
"Yeah, I kinda told them about Kaley this morning to them on the phone." James nodded his head. James was playing with Kaley while we were cleaning up.
"You know that we have to go back to Portland the day before you leave to Toronto. For Kaley to go back to school. Sid don't get mad when we can't move until next year or get married because of Kaley school, I want her to get all the education she needs and with the season starting and I want you to focus on the season. Is that fine with you?" Sid was scrubbing the dishes really hard when I finish talking.
"Sid?" He look up at me and he was angry.
"James would you take Kaley to the park, so we could get the house ready." James took Kaley to the park. Now I could know what's going on in Sid's mind. Once the door shut I turn around and Sid was still cleaning the dishes. I walk over and grab Sid's arm, then all of a sudden water and soup flew.
"Sid! What's wrong?"
"You didn't told me anything about this, that I have to wait a year to have you and Kaley when I just got you back. That I won't see you until when."
"We can work around the season and I can't make her change school during the middle of the school year. School won't take anyone in this time and also at her age."
"We can pay more than, I want you here." Sid grab a towel and dry all the wet spots.I grab his shoulder
"I can't please don't get mad at me. I been putting Kaley first for everything and now I am going to put you first when I marry you. Sid I'm going to marry you, I am not going to leave you." Sid wrap his arms around me and I wrap my arms around his chest.
"I need to do that you, put you and Kaley first. I was only thinking of when I get home you and Kaley will be waiting by the door." I was rubbing his back.
"You will soon, you know what we should do before they come back."
"What?"
"There's a shower that has our names on it." Sid had a huge smile on her face. After our nice shower, Sid went down to clean the rest of the mess from breakfast and got the whole house ready. When I was getting ready, James and Kaley were back and I had to get Kaley ready. There was a knock on the door. I heard Sid's voice.
"Hey Mom, hey Dad."
"Where she is?"
"She's up stairs getting ready." Then there was a knock on the bathroom door. When I open it, it was Sid's mom.
"Hi Rebecca." She look behind me to get a good look at Kaley.
"Kaley this is your other grandma." She gave her a hug and help Kaley getting ready. Everyone was there and Kaley was having a good time with the other kids playing. I was meeting all of the rest of the players that I didn't see at the family stake. Kaley slept in the other guest room. He has some many rooms in this place, I don't know where he has any idea to put thing in these rooms. Go thing that Sid's has a king size bed. In the morning it was Sid's mom that cook us breakfast. I was to scared to be alone with her for what I did to Sid five years ago. Sid wasn't in bed when I woke up, maybe he went for a quick work out before I woke up. Kaley was still sleeping. I look over the edge to see where Sid's parents they were both down in the kitchen.
"Did you had a nice time last night?" I hear her asking Sid's dad.
"Yeah I did. Is it kinda weird about Sid telling us the day of his daughter birthday. Oh hey mom and dad I have a daughter that I haven't met yet and I have been holding this secret for close to five years now." I sat behind the ledge of the wall hearing them talking about me and Sid.
"Did you talk to Rebecca?"
"Yeah, she's a great mom to Kaley. Being a single mom and didn't have any one to help her. I bet it was tuff of her."
"Are you sure that Kaley is really Sid's daughter?"
"Yeah, Kaley looks like him more than Rebecca. They even did a DNA test to make sure. I trust Sid more than any person." Then I heard the garage open. Thank god Sid's home. I didn't want to hear more about this.
"Do you know if Rebecca or Kaley are up?" Sid ask.
"No I don't know, but breakfast will be ready when you are clean." I walk into the bathroom and I wanted to do is go for a run. One thing I can't stand people talking me behind my back for what I did. I was only thinking what would be the best thing for Kaley. I had my running clothes on and I was about to leave. I place my hands on the bathroom sink and try to breath.
"Hey. Kaley's up and she's down stairs. Are you going for a run?" I turn around and I sat on the counter.
"What's wrong?"
"I eavesdropping on your parents before you came home and they were talking about us. They were saying that your dad thinks it's weird for you to tell them 5 years later. Or that he doesn't believe that Kaley's your daughter. What do I have to do to show them that this is your granddaughter and everything was my fault."
"Everything is not your fault. I should of told them but then they would be disappointed about me losing you. You should take that run. You guys are leaving tomorrow and beside my parents are leaving tonight so you don't have to deal with them. Go on the run and I will talk to them. I also want to spend some farther and daughter time before you two leave." He kiss my cheek. We both came down together.
"Rebecca's going on a run so she won't be having breakfast with us." I kiss his lips and left. I didn't say good bye to everyone. I put my head phones on and played "Middle Distance Runner" By Sea Wolf.