Status: I will try my best to get a chapter a week

Four Years Later

6

Rebecca P.O.V
"I want the wedding to be in the summer, like July. Or after you guys win the cup." I look up at Sid.
"July will be perfect, where?"
"I want it at Point State Park, with that big fountain"
"That would be a great spot."
"I just want the team and family to come. No friends because it would be to much and we can have the party there to." Sid grab his phone to look at the calander. It looks like July 28 would be the best idea just incase if we do get to the playoffs and the final." After chirstmas Haley still had another week off from school and so we are staying until after New Years Eve then I have to plan everything for the wedding. Kaley and I had to go back to Portland. Sid never like this at all, but he knows that this is all for Kaley's education.
"So when is Kaley's spring break?"
"The last week of March and it's two weeks, it's longer than her winter break." I gave him a long kiss. Kaley and I were now on the plane back to our other life without Sid. I can't wait for July !
March
The Penguins were on a great winning streak and Sid was on a roll. I couldn't wait for the next game because this will be Kaley's first game and watch Sid in person not on T.V. The Penguins were playing the Islander and it's going to be Kaley's first hockey game to go to. We sat with the Cooke family. I was taking a lot of pictures before the game started. I was watching Sid the whole time, when I heard Kaley.
"I can see Daddy!" Then something bad happen to Sid. He got hit with the puck and he was on the ice. I didn't know what I should do. I look at Michelle to see what I need to do.
"Go down there, I can watch Kaley for you. We can take Kaley back to our place if Sid won't come back to the game."
"Thank you. Kaley I have to go and see how Daddy's doing. You might have to spent the night with the Cooke's family ok." She nodded her head and I gave her a kiss on the head. I grab my bag and headed downstairs. When I got downstairs I see Bill "Billy" Guerin.
"Billy what's going on, how and where's Sid?"
"Rebecca, he went to the hospital to get his teeth back in place."
"Which hospital?" He told me the hospital that he went to and head over there. When I got to the hospital and found where I need to go to see him. I went to the front desk.
"Can I help you with something?"
"Yes my ...." Should I just say it since it's true. I mean she's not going to tell anyone.
"Yes I am here to see how my fiance Sidney Crosby."
"How did you know that he was here?"
"Because Bill Guerin just told me and I saw the whole thing in person."
"What's your name?"
"Rebecca Neal, yes I am sister of James Neal."
"Just once second." She got up and headed to the back. A couple of minutes later she came out back.
"He would be done in about two more hours do you want to stay or leave and we can call you back when's he is up and wanted to see you."
"No I will stay." I turn around and sat at the chair and waited. Two hours later, I could see that two nurses are pushing Sid's bed into a recovering room. I knee was bouncing and when I saw the bed, my knee went ten times faster. One of the nurses came out.
"Miss.Neal Sid's ready for you." I jump out of my seat and walk fast to get to his room.
"He might fall back to sleep since we got out but you can stay with him all night if you want to. He did lost the whole front bottom row of his teeth and broke his jaw. The doctor will tell you more in the morning. He would be out for a month."
"Thank you." When I got inside his room I was trying to think how am I going to tell Sid the bad news. A month of no hockey, that's going to tear him apart. He was laying there with his mouth full of cotton. He look a hamster stuff his cheeks. I sat down next to him. I wanted to touch his cheeks but I didn't want him to be in pain. So I grab his hand and place my head on his leg. Then I felt someone touching my hair. I look up and I see that Sid was touching my hair.
"Hey." I smooth his hair out of his face.
"You need a hair cut soon." He wanted to talk but he knows that it's to early to get those cotton swabs out with all the blood his lost before, during or after the surgery. He try to grab the cotton swabs. I grab his hand before he got a hold of it.
"No you don't that needs to stay it and help's heal it faster. Sid you wont be able to play for a whole month you lost the whole front bottom row of your teeth and broke your jaw.On the good side we won, Cookie and James got it in and Kaley's going to spend the night with the Cooke's tonight since I am going to be here." Sid shook his head side to side.
"Sid I want to be here, I need to be here and do what I want to do. I know that Kaley's having a good time right now." Sid nodded his head and close his eyes, fell back to sleep. I kiss his head and put my head on his left leg. In the morning Sid was still sleeping and I was watching TV when Ray and Mario came in. I gave them both a hug.
"So do you two know what happen?"
"Yeah we knew from last night, how's he doing?"
"I think he processing it, I mean his whole life is about hockey and that the fact that he can't play for month. From everything he went through last year and with his ankle. I am with him, I am processing this to. I want to be with him, but then I have Kaley to take care of in Portland. I..... I don't know what to do." Then all of a sudden I was starting to cry, I could feel someone giving me a hug. I look up and it was James. He was here with me. Then we heard Sid groan. We all walk over to see how he's doing. I wanted to dry my face from my tears.
"I'm going to get the nurse to get the cotton stuff out of his mouth." Before the nurses put more cotton swabs.
"How are you doing?" Ray ask. Should Sid not talk because his jaws was just fix.
"I'm doing ok." He tried to smile but he was in pain a lot. The doctor came to see how Sid was doing.
"I do have a some good news,we did not have to wired shut your mouth which is a good sign in terms of how long his recovery will be. However Sid you still need to be here for a couple of more days. We also put a titanium plate to heal a little bit faster." Neal was going to pick up Kaley from Cooke's place and I was going to stay longer. Before everyone left Ray whisper in my ear.
"Don't worry I will try to find a way soon."
"Thank you." After I left Sid at the hospital I had to go to the store for James and Kaley. While I was checking out.
"So did you hear about Crosby?" The cashier asks.
"Yeah I was there in person."
"Man that's suck for him, I mean not only losing some teeth but broke his jaw. Hope he heels soon. Have a great day." When I got home James was there with Kaley. They were watching T.V. Kaley saw me and ran up to me.
"Hey sweetheart, did you have a good time with the Cooke's?" She nodded her head.
"When can I see daddy?" I look up at James.
"Daddy's not here right now, he's busy with something right now."
"When is he coming home?"
"I don't know. You know what lets go see him, I think he is missing you right now a lot." James, Kaley and I went to the hospital. We were getting close to his room.
"So Kaley daddy's not feeling well and so mommy, nurses and the doctors have to take care of him before we have to go home." I pick her up and we headed to his room. Once I open the door I see that Sid was still sleeping. When I sat Kaley down and she walk to the bed. I was behind her, his eyes slowly open and fluttery a couple of times. He put his hand on Kaley's face. Then there was something wrong with Sid's face. The doctor told me that he might throw up from all the pills that they gave him. I move Kaley and got the bucket out for him.
"James !" James grab Kaley and went to get a nurses.
"Daddy!" When the nurses came and help me, Sid look so embarrassed throwing up in front of Kaley.
"You couldn't do anything, you knew that was coming."