Status: Expect slow updates. I work full time... and I'm lazy. :)

Midnight Flight

Seduction

Starfire slid under her messy covers and pulled them all the way over her head as she let more tears flow down her face. Perhaps I am overreacting. She thought. Besides, she hadn’t been getting sufficient sleep. Still, she failed to see why it was important that they know every detail of everything. Suddenly, a knock emerged from the other side of her door. Starfire opened her mouth to tell whoever it was to leave her be.

“Star?” It was Robin’s voice. She poked her head out from under the covers. “Can I come in?” It took her a moment to decide.
“Very well.” She said defeated. The door slid open to reveal a worried looking Robin. He chuckled upon seeing only the top of Starfire’s head and her eyes outside of the covers and went to sit down next to her on the bed. Starfire eyed him warily.

“Er... I don’t think I’m the person to explain those... things you were asking about, but... I’m always here for you.” He told her. She said nothing and continued to stare at him from beneath the covers. “You... must have been thinking about what happened on the Citadel, and with Blackfire; while we were rounding up the serial killers.” Starfire nodded her head slowly before lifting the covers all the way over her head and hiding beneath them.

“Star,” Robin said, trying to pull the covers off of her; she would not let him. “Star, I think you should take a break.” Her eyes poked out again.

“From what?” Came her muffled voice.

“From... fighting. I think you need to stay here until we figure out why this is happening.” He pondered. “Raven, too.”

“She would not stand for it.”

“I know. Well, maybe not Raven. Maybe putting distance between you too will allow Raven to fight while you work through your, uh,”

“My what...?”

“Um, your issues.”

“I do not like the idea of being left behind.”

“Try not to think of it like that. Think of it as being left to recover.”

“But from what do I need recovering from?”

“Nothing, but until we figure out why you’re suddenly having these nightmares, and even more so why they’re affecting Raven, I think you need to sit back and rest for a while.”

“No.”

“Please, Starfire?”

“Robin, no. I cannot watch the four of you do battle without me. I would feel... useless. Like a...”

“A Troq?”

“Yes.”

“You’re not. You wouldn’t be. You’d be helping us from inside the tower. And being an amazing friend, like you always are. Please Star? For me?” Starfire blushed at his words.

“Robin?” Starfire asked, pulling the covers off the rest of her face.

“Hm?”

“When you were trying to break me out of my... trance, you used the term ‘baby’. Earlier, you said that it could mean ‘coward’. I am curious, to which definition were you referring when you called me this?” She asked with furrowed brows. This time Robin was the one who blushed.

“Er... baby can also be an affectionate name for someone you care about... like, a lot.” Robin stuttered. A look of realization washed over Starfire’s face.

“Ohh. That is why the men and women who share a special relationship call each other ‘baby’ on the operas of soap Cyborg watches! I thought they were merely insulting each other during times of passion or when they were simply speaking to each other!” Robin couldn’t help cracking up.

“Star, Cyborg watches soaps? With passionate scenes? It’s not... I mean, what kind of passionate scenes? Wait, never mind. I don’t want to know.”

“Every time I approach the television area to watch with him, he flips the channel quickly, so I have resorted to watching from the kitchen without his awareness.” Starfire turned red. “Parts of the show are rather...” Her face turned pink. “Although there is no terribly indecent exposure of the characters, he must be embarrassed to be caught watching such things.” Robin was laughing heartily as he spoke.

“That’s great to know!” His laughing slowed. “So, why do you watch then?”

“I find the stories are rather intriguing. And... I am curious about... certain earthly ways.” Robin stared at her in shock. “I find no embarrassment in doing such things.” She shook her head quickly. “But I have provided sufficient blackmail of Cyborg, yes?”

“Yeah.” Robin said laughing again. “You did good, Star.” With a smile, she giggled along with him.

“So will you stay here for a while?” Robin asked. Starfire frowned. “Please?” Starfire huffed.

“As you wish. But as soon as my nightmares cease‒”

“You can jump right back into action. I promise.” He smiled.

“Very well.” She sighed.

“And I think... maybe if you talked about it some more, it would help.” Starfire smiled.

“You wish to know what happened after I destroyed the commander.” She said knowingly.

“Well, yeah. I’ve been thinking about it nonstop, actually.” He admitted. Starfire sighed. “Please?”

“You ask for much, Robin. But if it will satisfy you, then I will tell you.” She said sadly. Robin looked down guiltily. Starfire snuggled into her covers and readjusted her head on the pillow.

“The commander was dead, and I knew the guards would become suspicious if I waited too long. I had to escape quickly. The commander’s room was one of the larger suites. It had two very large windows looking out into space. Because I had been freed of restraints for... my birthday present, I was able to fill myself with enough determination to use my strength and flight. I broke one of the windows and flew as quickly as I could back to Tamaran.

“Galfore was the first one who knew of my return. It was a joyous reunion, but matters turned when I told him of the slaves on the Citadel, and how we were treated. Galfore took me straight to my father, who was not as pleased to see me. He contacted Blackfire immediately and told her of my escape.”

“Why? Why would he do that? Didn’t he care about how they were treating you? What they did to you?” Robin asked flabbergasted.

“He did not. My father did what was presumably best for Tamaran. He offered me back before they could declare war on us again. Rufka.” She scowled.

“That’s awful, Star. I can’t even‒”

“It is no matter.” She said quickly. “My father offered an... apology gift as well. Blackfire must have convinced him. With my brother and I out of the way, she would be the only choice for the throne. My brother; my little brother, had not even completed his Okaara training when they came for us. But when they did, we had no choice but to go with them.”

“Wait, you have a brother?”

“I did.”

“Wow. I‒ I didn’t know. I’m sorry, Star.”

“If you expect me to finish my story, do not interrupt me again, please.” Robin winced and nodded quickly. “You would call him,” She thought for a moment. “Wildfire. On our way back to the Citadel, Blackfire took Wildfire and I into the control room and restrained us. She punished me severely.” She paused and took a deep breath. “Wildfire was forced to witness. He had done nothing to her. I am still able to hear him crying out for me.” She closed her eyes tightly for a moment before shaking her head. “I had given up all hope by the time the Psions got there.” Starfire looked at Robin and answered his question before he asked. “The Psions are a species of scientists who perform dangerous experiments on other races; Tamaraneans are among their favorites. They killed the Gordanian guards and captured the three of us.

“The Psions are legends for their brutality in their experiments. They were mentioned in children’s tales as a race to be feared. None of their subjects of testing have ever survived; with the exception of Blackfire and I.” Robin looked at her with wide eyes. “They pushed our strength to the limits. They tied us down on cold, hard tables and injected great amounts of energy into our bodies. They... wished to see how much energy a Tamaranean could hold before exploding. We had energy inserted into us for nearly four months... Wildfire... he did not survive. I was so near death, but I was angry and I could not stand the pain any longer, I was able to break free of my restraints and disable the Psions on the ship.” She paused and put her hands to her head. “I was a fool to free my sister.”

“You saved Blackfire?”

“Yes. I felt... the forgiveness... um, mercy. She is after all, my family. We escaped together, and she felt no objection to calling the Gordanians to retrieve me. She mentioned something about wanting to travel for a while to... rid herself of the awful memories.” She told him in anger. “She waited for them to capture me again, but instead of going with us, she disappeared. I spent several hours trying to break myself out before reaching the Citadel. We were passing over Earth by the time I escaped.” She finally looked up at Robin and smiled. “That is when I met you.” Robin was watching her intently. “And I would not change it for anything.”

“Oh, Star.” He whispered.

“Robin?” She asked quietly, furrowing her brows.

“Yeah?”

Instead of responding, Starfire sat all the way up and slowly reached a hand toward his face. It took him a moment to realize what she wanted. When her fingers reached the edge of his mask, he quickly grabbed her hand and pushed it away with a scowl.

“I... forgive me.” She said immediately putting both hands in her lap. Robin looked away. “I have shared my whole past with you despite the pain it has brought me... and I have yet to even gaze upon the whole of your face.” She confessed sadly.

“It’s not much to look at.” He murmured.

“I do not believe you. Please, I wish to see your eyes, Robin.

“I don’t think so.” He said dryly. Starfire watched him in silence for a few moments.

“Will I ever see them?” Robin looked down for several moments in thought.

“Yes.”

“When?” She pressed. Robin leaned in and looked at her seriously before giving her a lingering kiss on her forehead. Starfire closed her eyes in contentment.

“When the time is right.” He told her when he pulled away.

“If you refuse to reveal your eyes to me, then please, will you answer some of my questions? I am often feeling left out because I do not know many of your words of slang. I do not enjoy feeling like the ‘innocent’ one who is not allowed to know what certain things mean. Please, tell me what ‘the nasty’ and the ‘threesome’ mean.” Robin’s face turned bright red.

“Look Starfire, I don’t really feel comfortable talking about that kind of stuff. At least not with you.”

“I do not understand.”

“I know. Uh, it’s more something I would talk to Cyborg, and maybe even Beast Boy about. For you... It’s best to confide in Raven.” His face strained. “Actually, you’re probably better off with Bumblebee.” Starfire narrowed her emerald eyes in thought for several moments, before her face relaxed and she grinned.

“They are referring to something of a sexual nature, yes?”

“Er... yeah.”

“I understand.” She assured him. “Forgive me, I did not mean to trouble you.” Robin returned her grin.

“You didn’t. Now come upstairs and have some breakfast.” He said smiling. Starfire’s eyebrows arched innocently as she glanced at the door. “What’s wrong?” He asked.

“I am... exhausted‒ emotionally. I wish to stay here.”

“Oh, uh, okay.”

“...With you.”

“Oh...” He replied slowly with his eyes widening.

Starfire removed the covers from her body and proceeded the short distance to Robin on her hands and knees. “Please, Robin?” She begged, her voice no longer the light, innocent sing-song Robin was so used to. He watched her with a dazed expression. When she reached him, she sat back on her heels and reached one of her hands around to drag her fingertips down his back. Robin couldn’t think of a rational response. Her sudden charm was so unexpected, he almost forgot to breathe. “Robin?”

“Uh... uh huh?”

“Are you well?” She asked, her face only inches from his and her lids half closed in a seductive manner.

“Uh...” Was the only response he could manage. Starfire grinned a crooked smile before leaning forward on her hands and turning her head sideways to brush her lips against his jaw bone and dragging them up to his ear. Robin sucked in a breath, and Starfire pulled away.

“Forgive me.” She spoke softly. “Too much?” Robin was amazed at her change of attitude. It was the last thing he’d ever expected from her, but he couldn’t complain. He continued to gaze at her, mesmerized; excited. “Robin?” She appeared worried now, whether it be from his lack of response or lack of interest.

“I’m fine.” He croaked. Starfire’s smug little grin reappeared as she leaned back in to kiss him softly. Robin melted into the kiss, and Starfire sighed softly as she pulled away. They stared at each other for a moment. Starfire brought her hand up and ran it through his hair before running it across his shoulder and down his arm. When she looked back up at him, he leaned forward slightly.

“Don’t stop.” He whispered; unexpected to both of them. Robin mirrored Starfire’s look of surprise at his words. Her smile was gone, and was left with her lips slowly parting in a stunned daze.
Robin, embarrassed, started to lean back and quickly averted his gaze, but Starfire stopped him with one hand tugging on his cloak collar. She pulled him toward her and leaned in again, this time dragging her lips back and forth along his jaw line agonizingly slow. Robin let out a low, rumbling sound. This encouraged Starfire. She moved her lips all the way up to his ear again. After dragging her teeth gently along his earlobe, Robin gasped, and his hands flew into his lap. However, this did not faze Starfire. She began leaving wet, lingering kisses along his neck. Robin’s breathing was ragged as he allowed her to continue her ministrations. Starfire, enjoying the effect she was having on Robin, stopped at one spot on the side of his neck and bit down lightly.
Everything happened at once; Robin’s slow, agonized moan, Cyborg’s voice, sharp and disturbing on Robin’s communicator, and Starfire, gasping and leaping away from him. Robin struggled to remove it from his belt, frantic to get Cyborg’s vibrating voice away from his extremely sensitive area.

“Yo! Robin!”

“God damn it, Cyborg, what?” He snapped. Starfire, still catching her own breath, giggled softly.

“Is Starfire with you?”

“Yes. What do you want?”

“Dude, she needs to see this. Get your skinny butts up here, now.” Robin shoved the communicator back into his belt. Robin looked at Starfire, who was staring down at the bed with a frown.

“What’s wrong?” Robin asked, his voice strangely husky. Starfire looked up at him with a raised eyebrow and a small smile and blushed.

“I am not used to feeling this way.”

“Me either.” He replied with a grin. Starfire hesitated.

“I cannot find a word glorious enough to describe how you make me feel.”

“Um, thanks, I think.” He said sheepishly. “You’re... amazing, Star. Where did you learn to do stuff like that?” He asked. Starfire grinned widely at him.

“I am very observant.” She replied with a satisfied grin. “I will show you more observations later, if you wish.” Robin’s eyes widened.

“That- that would be- uh-”

“We should be joining Cyborg now, yes?” She asked. Robin sighed and widened his eyes as he looked down at his lap.

“Uh, you go ahead. I’ll meet you in a few minutes.” Starfire looked at him puzzled. He leapt off the bed and headed quickly to the door. “I need something from my room. Go, I’ll be there soon.” Starfire, still confused, went upstairs immediately.