Status: Expect slow updates. I work full time... and I'm lazy. :)

Midnight Flight

Incoming

Robin entered the common room in a daze. His head was far away, back to twenty minutes ago in Starfire’s room. He cursed Cyborg and whatever it was that made him interrupt their perfect moment. His daydreaming of what would have happened with no interruption ceased when he saw Starfire sitting rigid on the sofa with her head in her hands. Beast Boy was seated next to her, rubbing her back comfortingly, Cyborg was at the main computer, watching a strange spaceship floating in the sky above Jump City, and Raven was standing a few paces behind him. She had her eyes closed and seemed to be in deep concentration. Robin was at Starfire’s side in a flash.

“What’s going on?” He demanded. Starfire didn’t speak. She didn’t even move her head from her hands.

“We found out why Star’s been having those crazy ass nightmares. It’s like a premonition! Sweet!” Beast Boy chirped, seemingly happy that he, for once, understood what was going on.

“We have to protect Starfire at all costs.” Raven said seriously from across the room. Robin stalked over to them and glared up at the computer.

“Why? Who’s in that ship?” Robin asked. Cyborg was about to respond, but Starfire was quicker.

“It is Komand’r’s flagship.” She murmured. Robin jumped back to sit beside her.

“Who?”

“Forgive me. Blackfire. It is her Citadel flagship. They are under her command once more.” She said softly as she lifted her head to look at him. The rage filled Robin instantly. His nostrils flared and his breathing increased. Starfire looked at him hopelessly, not even attempting to alleviate his anger.

“What does she want?” He asked harshly.

“They’re coming for Starfire.” Raven answered.

“Why?” Beast Boy asked sadly, his arms tightening around Starfire.

“No, when?” Robin snapped.

“I don’t know, man.” Cyborg murmured.

Robin turned immediately to Starfire and took her frightened face in his hands. “I won’t let anything happen to you.” She looked at him dispiritingly. “Starfire, I swear.” She nodded meekly.

“None of us will.” Beast Boy promised. Not a moment later, Red lights lit up the common room and the alarm sounded. Starfire’s head snapped to the computer’s direction; all the blood suddenly drained from her face.

“It’s her!” Beast Boy exclaimed, standing up and clenching his fists.

“No, it’s not.” Cyborg told them; surprise evident in his voice. “Bomb threat at the airport.” Robin joined Cyborg at his side.

“It looks like someone’s planted a bomb on one of the planes. We have to find it.” He said dejectedly. “Someone has to stay with Starfire.” Starfire stood immediately to protest in fury.

“They’re going to need all of us.” Raven said wisely. “We have to split up and find it before it goes off.” Robin turned to glare at her.

“Hold up,” Cyborg interjected before Robin could unleash his fury on her. “The airport can only dock 12 planes. Four of us can each search three. Why doesn’t she just stay here?”

“There’s no way she’s staying here alone!” Beast Boy shouted.

“But we can lock up the tower tight.” Cyborg argued.

“We don’t have time for this.” Raven snapped.

“Then she’s coming with us.” Said Robin quickly before turning to face Starfire. “You don’t leave my side. Not once. Understand?”

“I am capable of defending myself, Robin.” She retorted.

“Starfire, please. For my sake.” Starfire looked at him with worry and nodded slowly. “Titans, go!”