Status: Expect slow updates. I work full time... and I'm lazy. :)

Midnight Flight

Waffles

Starfire woke to her room flashing bright red and a loud buzzing in her ears. She despised the alarm when it woke her from sleep; especially when she had spent hours trying to get there. After glancing at her Mumbo Jumbo clock which read 6:37am, she groaned and sat up slowly. She stretched her arms and was happy to find that her muscles were in much better condition then they were the day before.

“Starfire, trouble! Get up here!” Sounded Robin’s voice from her communicator. She was both relieved and skeptical that things hadn’t changed between them yet when the city called for their help. But she still had not yet spoken to him since his adorable little rant. Starfire jumped out of bed, grabbed her communicator and flew up to the common room.

The four other titans stood staring at the large computer, which had the map of Jump City with a red dot pulsating in the center. Robin sighed.

“It’s just another teen gang trying to get some attention.”

“Well, robbing a bank is one way to do it.” Raven remarked. Beast Boy yawned.

“I got woken up for this? You guys can handle it, can’t you?”

“Nobody’s staying here. Titans, go!” Robin called before the team routed for the door.

They took them down pretty quick, thus proving to the nine gang members that robbing banks was not a productive use of their time. Robin hadn’t spoken to any of the titans throughout the entire time, aside from giving orders. This unnerved Starfire. Had he forgotten what he had told her just the day before? It was nearly eight o’clock by the time they returned to the tower, and their many stomachs growled at the thought of breakfast.

“I’m making breakfast!” Demanded Beast Boy as he and Cyborg dove for the fridge.

“I don’t think so, you little grass stain!”

“Boys.” Raven uttered as she sat on a bar stool and flipped open her book. It was at this point when Robin realized that it was just he and Starfire standing awkwardly in the middle of the room. Starfire watched him hopefully out of the corner of her eye as he scratched the back of his neck nervously before clearing his throat and heading over to the TV.

“Are you doing ‘the ignoring’ of me?” Robin jumped slightly and dropped the remote. He looked at Starfire nervously as she came and sat next to him, her eyes never leaving his.

“No... I...” He scratched the back of his neck again. “Uh... I just...”

“Perhaps you are not as ready as you thought?” Starfire mused thoughtfully.

“No! That’s not... look, I just...”

“I hoped there would not be any of the ‘awkwardness’ when we arrived home, but I see now that that my hoping was worthless.” She said with a sigh.

“Star, please don’t‒”

“I shall understand if you wish to wait until you are fully prepared to pursue a romantic relationship with me.” Starfire told him with a smirk. She meant it, too. She would wait forever. Robin sighed and put down the remote before patting the seat next to him. Starfire hesitantly joined him on the sofa.

“I’m sorry.” He breathed.

“For what reason should you be sorry?”

“Uh, for being nervous, I guess.” He said as he gazed down. Starfire gave him a knowing smile before placing a hand on his shoulder.

“As am I, Robin. Please...” She begged quietly, causing him to lift up his head and look at her. “You said that you like my eyes, yes? Well then do not shy away from them. We can help each other.” Robin brought his hand up to caress her jaw as his gaze settled into hers. She struggled not to shiver in delight.

“I didn’t say I liked your eyes, Star.” Starfire’s face turned to panic, and a splash of hurt covered it.

“I do not understand. Yesterday you said that‒”

“That I love your eyes.” Robin said softly before brushing a stray hair away from her eyes. Starfire’s mouth slowly turned up into a brilliant smile. Robin’s face fell slightly. “I’m sorry I’m such a baby sometimes.” Robin said sadly. Raven smirked to herself from across the common room. Starfire furrowed her brows.

“But Robin, you do not appear to be a small, crying human being who wears only thick, white underwear in order to capture your body’s compost...” Robin laughed quickly.

“No, it also means... coward.” He said, satisfied at his comparison. Starfire’s eyes softened as she scooted closer to him.

“Robin?”

“Yeah?”

“You are neither a coward nor a baby. You are a constantly growing man who does not cry and you are the bravest one I have ever known.” She told him quietly, her eyes never leaving his face. “I do not like it when you doubt yourself.”

“But I am a coward, Star. I waited all this time to tell you how I think of you, and I sounded like a total idiot when I did.”

“Please cease with the name calling of yourself. And I do not think you sounded like an idiot.” Robin rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

“Um... Thanks.”

“Then, we are... well?” She pressed. Robin chuckled softly.

“Yeah, we’re good.” Robin stood up and offered her his hand to pull her to her feet. Her eyes seemed to sparkle as she accepted it and they made their way to the kitchen.

“FINE. Plain waffles and tofu waffles. But we are not mixing up my breakfasts again, you got me?” Cyborg exclaimed. As Robin and Starfire seated themselves on the stools, the sound of Raven’s book slamming shut echoed.

“Rae, where are you going?” Beast Boy asked.

“To my room.” She replied coolly.

“What? You’re going to miss out on my super duper spiced up tofu deliciousness?”

“Beast Boy, how many times have I eaten your tofu waffles?”

“Um...”

“Exactly.” Without another word, Raven exited the room.

“Hmm.” Robin pondered aloud. “Raven may not like your tofu, but it’s not like her to skip breakfast completely.

“So she’s weird. Haven’t we established that a long time ago?” Cyborg asked as he started piling waffles onto plates.

“She’s probably just in one of her moods.” Beast Boy said fleetingly before shoving forkfuls of waffles into his mouth. Starfire furrowed her brows and stared at the plate of waffles shoved in front of her. She knew what was wrong with Raven. And she knew how to help. But she couldn’t. Not yet. It was simply too painful.

“Star, why are you staring? Just eat it! You love my waffles!” Beast Boy whined. Starfire did not seem to hear him, but jumped slightly when she felt a hand rest itself on her knee. She looked at Robin, her shock at his affection evident.

“You okay?” He asked, removing his hand quickly.

“I‒ yes. Forgive me Beast Boy. I do not feel hungry anymore.” She told him apologetically as she slid off the bar stool.

“I made plenty of normal waffles, Star! You don’t have to endure BB’s torture!” Cyborg called after her as she padded away. The three boys watched in bewilderment as the girl with 9 stomachs left the room without a bite of food.