Status: In Progress

I'll Be Safe and Sound as Long as You Kiss Me Again

Never Be What You Want

Chapter 4
Jenna’s P.O.V

After we had been side stage to watch We Are The In Crowd and finished our set both bands decided it would be nice to head out to a diner and get to know each other. As Whak, Jake, Cam, Matt and I are from Australia we trusted our co-band to find a good diner for us all to eat at and get to know each other.

I was still struggling to comprehend the fact that Tay kissed me on the cheek earlier and I don’t think I’d ever been so crazy during a show, I guess it was all the adrenaline that was pumping through my veins from the action that the small girl had carried out earlier.

I’m pretty sure the guys knew that there was something weird about me during our set and I’m almost positive that Whakaio knew it was to do with Tay kissing me on the cheek.

Up ahead of us Mike was walking into a small diner off to the side of a street named 74th Street. Tay grabbed my hand and dragged me quickly into the diner as she was obviously starving just like the rest of us. I just gripped her hand tightly and followed behind her.

Since Tay and I were last into the diner and to the table we were forced to squeeze into the booth tightly which wasn’t helping with my uncomfortable feeling whenever I was around Tay, especially now I was pressed up tightly against her.

Jake was looking at me funnily and I’m guessing him, Whak and Cam noticed my uncomfortableness as almost immediately they whispered something to each other. The only one not conversing was Matt who was staring into space… or more likely staring right at the beautiful girl sitting right next to me. I felt a pang of jealousy hit me and had to look away and calm myself down.

The waitress soon came over which distracted Matt from Tay which made way for a very happy Jenna. We all ordered our food and I ordered a fruit salad since most of the menu contained grains which I strictly could not eat because of my past history with eczema and the pain that it left me in, before and during shows especially.

I was too distracted to hear what Tay ordered but I soon found out when the first plate brought to the table contained a stack of ten pancakes covered in maple syrup and topped with at least a dozen pieces of bacon. I just gawked whilst Tay licked her lips.

“You’ll surely never eat that” I blurted still staring at the pile of food consuming Tay’s plate.

She just smirked and replied “Easily” before tucking in.

Soon the rest of our food arrived and I began eating immediately and before long I was finished and surprisingly so was Tay. I just looked at her curiously as I failed to understand how such a small girl had consumed a day and half worth of food in the space of twenty minutes.

Soon enough I found myself needing to relieve myself in the restrooms so I excused myself and shuffled out past Tay who I could almost swear touched my butt on the way past.

My trip didn’t take too long and soon enough I was returning to the table but to my dismay this was the moment that Matt decided to speak up.

“So Tay, how do you em… how do you feel about going on a date tonight..? with me?” He said nervously twiddling his thumbs over the table whilst looking at his hands. Cam, Whak and Jakes heads snapped up towards him suddenly and frowned.

“Yeah Matt, that would be fantastic!” Tay squealed slightly and smiled her bright smile, how I wished it was only reserved for me but unfortunately Matt was on the receiving end of it this time around.

Matt smiled “Great, we can head to the cinema after and then I’ll take you back to your bus!”

All I felt was numb, the girl who I wanted to be mine was going on a date with my best friend.

Suddenly it didn’t feel like such a good idea to return to the table so I made my excuses and left to go back to the bus as the tears slowly rolled down my cheeks.

By the time I got back to the bus I was in floods of tears and decided to just go to bed. I cried into my pillow and before long I fell asleep with thoughts of Matt and Tay rushing through my head.

What seemed like not long after, but in reality must have been morning, I was awoken by shouting between what sounded like Matt and Whak, with the occasional input from Jake and Cam.

“COULDN’T YOU TELL THAT JENNA REALLY LIKES TAY?” I heard Whakaio shout.

“NO I THOUGHT SHE WAS JUST BEING HER USUAL DRUNK SELF WHEN SHE WAS FLIRTING WITH HER, WHO CARES ANYWAY? WE'RE THE ONLY ONES THAT KNOW SHE'S GAY SO TOO BAD IF SHE'S TOO SCARED TO TELL ANYONE. TAY AND I ARE A THING NOW AND IT’S TOO BAD THAT SHE LIKES ME MORE THAN JENNA. SHE’LL JUST HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT OKAY?” Matt screamed back.

I refused to have the boys arguing so I got up and slipped on a We Are The In Crowd t-shirt, quite fitting considering the situation, and jeans before walking out to the front of the bus. The guys just stared at me and upon noticing my tear stained face Matt excused himself quickly.

I didn’t even stop to talk to the boys, I just walked out of the bus and to our stage where we were due to perform in little under two hours. It didn’t even bother me today that I had no makeup on and a tear stained face, if anyone questioned it I’d just brush them off, I always get ignored anyway so nobody would care.

Before long we were due to perform the last song of our set but me, being the complete and utter cow that I am decided to mix it up at the last minute when I saw Tay in the crowd.

“So tonight we’ve decided to change our last song to a cover for one warped stop only” I saw the guys exchange worried glances “and because it’s an acoustic we’ll be saying goodbye to Matt for the rest of the show” Matt just glared at me and stormed off “So we’ll be performing a cover of Creep by Radiohead to finish our set tonight.”

Luckily we’d covered this before so the guys new all the chords and I was glad to have Matt off the stage.

‘When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather
In a beautiful world
I wish I was special
You're so fucking special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice when I'm not around
You're so fucking special
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

She's running out the door
She's running out
She runs runs runs runs..
Runs...

Whatever makes you happy
Whatever you want
You're so fucking special
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here
I don't belong here’
I finished the song and looked over at Tay before bursting into tears and walking off the stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
So a slightly more angsty chapter here, Jenna is obviously upset and I'm pretty sure Tay has no idea what she did wrong. You should go listen to some radiohead because they're really good! I'm off to london tomorrow so the update this week might be a bit later - Bandpocalypse