Status: In Progress

I'll Be Safe and Sound as Long as You Kiss Me Again

Better Luck Next Time

Chapter 5
Matt’s POV

So last night I’d finally plucked up the courage to ask out Tay, although it went well and she said yes I think I may have lost my best friends because of it. When I returned to the bus everyone was asleep but this morning the guys had engaged in a screaming match with me over the fact that Jenna liked Tay.

I had however lied and said I thought it was her usual drunk self, which in turn was probably wrong of me to do…

But then again if we were the only people that knew about Jenna being a lesbian why should I hold back on asking out a girl I like just because Jenna likes her?

It didn’t matter now anyway because Tay and I had a second date tonight and that was currently taking my mind off what Jenna had done on stage earlier when she kicked me off. I mean, I knew she was pissed but she genuinely seems in a really bad place, but I guess if she’s not talking to me then there isn’t much I can do about that.

I spent the next few hours getting ready for my date, by getting ready I mean showering, throwing on a shirt and jeans and putting on my best cologne. I also threw a special little something into the pocket of my jeans for after we’d been out for something to eat.

Soon enough the time had come and I headed over to We Are The In Crowd’s bus to pick up Tay for our date. It was a short walk there but on my way I actually bumped into the guys who happened to be heading back to the bus. It didn’t fail to pass my notice that Jenna was being carried by Jake and was out cold, probably drinking away her sorrows…

I started to feel bad about what I’d done. I mean Jenna was my best friend and I’d thrown that away for a girl and now Jenna was in a complete state and none of the guys were speaking to me either.
I just continued on past them neither of us uttering any greeting or small talk between us. Once I’d passed I made the short walk to the bus and knocked on the door.

Soon enough I heard the latch on the door click and swing open, and let me confirm I was definitely not ready for what was waiting on the other side. Tay was standing in a long blue sequined dress that fit her in all the right places.

She jumped down from the bus and gave me a quick peck on the lips before interlocking her arm with mine and walking with me out of the parking lot and down the street.

I’d made reservations in the small town that we were currently in at a small restaurant that had been recommended to me by a friend who lived in the area. On tour we generally made a few friends in each town we visited which usually came in handy for situations such as this where we needed to know the area at such short notice.

We reached the place that I had reserved and I most kindly held the door open for Tay who smiled at me as she passed.

For the next few hours we sat and chatted over our meals. We had both had steak because it was a speciality steakhouse that I had reserved for dinner. I was slowly getting to know Tay more and the more I knew about her the more I liked her and her personality.

After I had paid the fairly big bill we headed out into the street and back to the bus park. Sometime during the short walk Tay and I interlocked hands and fell into a peaceful silence that I think we were both glad about because we’d been talking all night.

We slowly made our way to We Are The In Crowd’s bus where all the boys were asleep inside. Tay and I proceeded to sit down outside and I pulled out my special surprise from my pocket.

Weed.

Tay just looked at me and suddenly her mouth turned up at the corners into her signature smirk. I smiled and removed two blunts from the bag offering one to her which she willingly took and stuck between her lips.

I pulled out a light from my back pocket and lit my blunt before lighting Tay’s for her from which she took a long drag and immediately began blowing smoke O’s.

I laughed as I took a drag and felt the effects of the weed overtaking me. Tay and I both laughed for a bit before Tay spat out a sentence that made my stomach drop and the effects of my high go away for a little.

“You’re really fucking hot Matt” She smiles and giggles “But have you seen Jenna compared to you? She’s a freaking goddess”

My smile faded and I just sat dazed. Suddenly the subject of Tay’s spilled confession came bounding around the corner in her running gear and her earphones in, although she did stop and pull them out when she spotted us.

Walking over to us Jenna smiled at Tay but then turned to scowl at me, not that Tay noticed anything, she was too busy staring at Jenna’s chest which was currently covered by Jenna’s running top.

In a swift movement Tay was suddenly on her feet and she was walking towards Jenna. Her hands cupped Jenna’s face before she crashed her lips to Jenna’s.

Jenna’s POV

I felt Tay’s lips crash against mine and for a minute I could only stand wondering if it was a dream. This beautiful, sexy girl in a pretty blue dress was kissing me and making me feel an explosion of butterflies erupting all over my body.

My body eventually responded and kissed her back as if our lips were made to connect.

I’m not sure how long we were kissing for but suddenly I got this smell, the distinct smell of smoke reached my nostrils. I slowly placed my hands on Tay’s hips and guided her away from me.

Looking into her eyes I could see the bloodshot lines running through them and I frowned.

“Tay… are you, are you high?” I muttered.

Tay just giggled, to which I turned on my heel and jogged away tears rolling down my cheeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
My My, well Jenna does seem to cry a lot doesn't she.... - Bandpocalypse