Come Back to Me

Dream

Alex holds my face in his hands. His deep brown eyes look me up and down, as if he's taking in every last bit of me. I rest my hands on his chest, over his black shirt. Kiss me, I think. I want his lips on mine, I want to feel his strong body up close to my body. He leans towards me, slowly, staring at my lips. I take a deep breath as his lips softly touch mine. I can hear my heart pounding, and it makes me wonder if he can hear it too. His hands travel down my back, my bare sides, my bum. He pulls me closer, his grip tightens around my waist and I feel paralysed, I could stay like this forever.

I hear a phone ring and I jump, startled and confused as I wake up from my dream. Alex lies next to me, his face opposite mine. He grunts as he sits up, answering the phone and lying back down beside me he talks. I don't even hear the conversation. I'm too engrossed in Alex. My dream must mean it like him more than I thought, I think. I stare at him. The way his jaw moves as he speaks, his Adam's apple moving up and down, his short chocolate brown hair sitting perfectly and his lips.. Oh how I would love to kiss those lips. He hangs up and looks at me. He raises an eyebrow and smiles.

"What?" He asks. I've been staring, and he's caught me. Oh boy.

"Nothing!' I snap, feeling embarrassed. I look down, feeling my face going bright red.

"That was Mullen. He wants to ask you a few questions, is that ok?'

"I guess.." I mumble. "Have you spoke to Tom?" I ask.

Alex nods, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah. I called him after you collapsed earlier. He's worried."

"Angry, more like. I should have told him about Jeff.." Alex shakes his head and smiles.

"He's not angry. Well.. Not with you.." He says.

"Obviously bobby then." I say, stating the obvious.

"Mmm... Him too. He's pissed off at me, amy."

"Why? You've done nothing wrong!" I say as I touch my side.

"He's angry that I let this happen. I'm supposed to be looking out for you, protecting you.."

"Alex..." I whisper as I touch his cheek with my left hand. "You are, you have. You saved me, remember? Nobody is to blame expect for me..I'll tell him."

Alex sighs and covers my hand with his. "I want this to be over with.. I just want you.. I.. Just want you to be happier, and get to know your new family."

For a second I think he meant to say that he wants me, but I doubt it. Like he said, he's here to look after me. Not kiss me. I wish I knew.

"Me too.."