Come Back to Me

Here goes nothing - The Kiss

Alex and I finally leave the station. I had to tell Mullen what I remembered about bobbie and Jeff. Alex doesn't seem uncomfortable now that we're back here. I'm surprised.

"You don't seem irritated after seeing Mullen like you usually are." I say as we get in his car.

"I shouldn't let him get to me. I don't care what he thinks anymore." He says, looking at me. I avoid his stare, not wanting to fall into his trap.

"Amy.." He says, still staring. I force myself to look at him. "Are we ever gonna talk about what happened, the other night?" He asks, referring to the night he rejected me.

"I don't think we should.." I whisper, looking away from him. Without even looking at him I can sense the disappointment in his face. "You don't want to upset tom, and I'm going through stuff right now that I think I need to concentrate on.."

"I get that, but what I said about Tom, I don't care anymore." He says, his hand touching mine.

"Yes you do." I say, correcting him. "And that's okay.." I say. Deep down, I know that it shouldn't matter what Tom thinks, but I think I'm just making excuses now. His brown eyes look sad, and I somehow feel like I'm breaking up with him. I lean over and kiss his cheek, touching his face with my hand as I do. His skin feels smooth against my cheek, and I can feel his breaths warm on my skin as I pull away to look at him, my hand still touching his face. Truth is, I don't know what I want. I like Alex, I really like him. But it shouldn't be this difficult..should it? His brown eyes sends shivers down my spine as they stare. I know that I can kiss him, right here, right now. We are sitting closely to one another, his hand reaches up to mine and takes it, kissing the back of it.

"What do we do now?" He asks, his voice shaky. I shrug my shoulders.

"Be friends, I guess." I whisper. The 'friends' word makes me want to vomit. I suddenly feel like I'm losing him, that I'll miss the seductive, longing look that he gives me, the long stare, the caring smile. The thought that maybe he will go out on a date with Maria. He looks down, frowning. I wish I knew what I wanted. There's only one way to find out, I guess. I hold his face in my hands and kiss his cheek. My hands travel to the back of his neck, here goes nothing.. I think. I lean in, gently touching my lips to his. I can just imagine the sheer confusion he must be feeling. I know I am. After giving his lips a light peck, I pull away to see the look on his face.

"You are very confusing, you know that?" He asks, smiling. I laugh and he pulls me towards him, kissing me back. His left hand touches my hair, the back of my head and his right hand wraps around my side, gently.

"I should have did this weeks ago..." He whispers in-between kissing me. "Well.. I should have been the one to kiss you first.." He says, laughing and kissing me at the same time.

Still parked in the car park at the station, it's almost 7pm. We finally stop kissing. As I watch him drive us home I realise that i now find him even more attractive, and I can't wait to get my hands on him. But then I think I would like to take it slow, not rush into things like I always do. We arrive home, parked in the driveway. We get out the car, and keep out of sight. Alex lifts me up, kissing me hard.

"Hey.. I don't think we should tell Tom. I think you're right, he'll be really annoyed..and upset.. And over dramatic.. We should just keep it to ourselves.." I whisper as he sets me down. His hands brush through my long hair.

"Are you sure? He asks. I nod, smiling. I go on my tip toes and kiss him, snuggling closer to him. He holds me tightly, and I've never felt more safer.