My Heart Spell

Sick

Grandpa been at the resort for two days already and with every free mint that he has, he’s been spending it with Mrs. Brooks. I keep getting flashes of my head, having to call her my future grandma or at least having to call her Mrs. Grandma or something. I haven’t really been able to sleep cause of those thoughts.

Working outside with kids learning to ski, I sneeze really hard. “Are you okay Kelsey?” a little girl that name is Emily.

“Yeah, don’t worry about it,” patting her on the head we ski around a little bit.

As we are about to go down a bunny hill, the other ski teacher comes out and joins us. “Your grandpa wants to see you. I’ll take over the classes for the rest of the day,” he informs me.

“Okay, thanks Phil,” skiing back to the back door, I slip my skies off as I go inside and take off my four coats, two extra pair of pants and my really thick boots with four pairs of extra socks. Going into my room to put everything away, I get a little dizzy as I put my coats away. Grabbing on to the side of the closet door, I steady myself. “I must be sick or something,” pushing away from the wall, I walk out of my room and find grandpa playing checkers with another old man. “You wanted to see me grandpa?”

He looks up at me and smiles, but only for a second before he stands up and puts his hand on my four head. “Your running a fever,”

“I’m fine,”

“Stan, you win this game. I need to take Kelsey to her room,” grandpa puts his hand on my back and leads me back to my room.

Only for me to stop dead in my tracks when I see him. Taking a double take, the guy I thought I had seen was gone and in his place was….was Zane! -What the hell is he doing here?!- before he can see me, I turn my back so he doesn’t know its me.

Grandpa opens my door for me and ushers me inside. “I’ll make you some tea,” he tells me.

“No that is okay grandpa, if I am sick, I don’t want you to get you sick,”

He frowns at me. “Now you lesson to me young lady, even if I am an old man I can still take care of you,”’

I can’t help but roll my eyes at him. “Grandpa I love, I really do. But I don’t want a chance you getting sick. I promise to rest and all that. So please, go spend your day with everyone and I’ll see you at dinner.”

He tries to stair me down, but it doesn’t work. It never works. He exhales loudly. “I’m just worried about you Kelsey. I seen that scum of an ex-boyfriend of yours and if I was twenty years younger I would be making him cry about now and that is without the use of fire arms.”

I believe it, even though grandpa is as big as he is, he can’t throw a grown man a cross a room like he could do before I am sure. “If it makes you feel better I carry creepy guy spray in my pocket,” pulling out a small can has a picture of an outline of a guy with a red line right through him.

Grandpa rolls his eyes. “Fine, but if that boy gives you problems and you don’t do anything about it,” he goes to the door and opens it, only to look over his shoulder at me. “he might find himself in a snow storm and he wont come back.” then he closes the door.

As soon as the door is closed, the mouth flies over to me and lands on my nightstand. For some reason, it almost looks worried and yet some how, looks like it could live with something bad happening. Putting the can down on my nightstand, I lay down and look at it, as it looks at me. “So how was your day, creepy stalker bug,” he flaps its wings fast, as if saying it wasn’t a creepy stalker bug. “Don’t lie, I always notice you when I come back inside or when I am making my runs between the kitchen and dinning room. Why do you follow me around?”

It flies over to me, landing on my hand.

“Yeah, got no idea what that means.”

It flies back to the night stand and just stairs at me.

“Creeper,” I whisper, then I close my eyes.

</>

Some where into the evening, I wake up to the smell of cooking food. Sitting up, I rub my eyes and yawn as I stretch. My body hurts like hell, but I get up any ways. “Hello?”

My room is dark, except the two candles burning with food on one plate and one plate empty as if someone just got done eating.

“Is someone here?” looking around I can’t see anyone.

I feel someone behind me, turning around I see the man, I think I had seen before. “How are you feeling?” he asks and man, does his voice sound like a dream.

“Wh-Who are you?” taking a couple steps away from him, he reaches out his hand to me, but I slap it away from me.

“Kayla,”

“How do you know my name?” all of the sudden I get a head rush and dizzy all at once.

My balance is thrown off and before I have a chance to fall, the guy catches me and presses me against his chest. “Lets just say, I love watching you,”

Then like an ideate I pass out in the hot guys arms.