My Heart Spell

Snow Fall

Today grandpa was leaving to go back home, it was one of those days that I wish that he could stay at my side, because for whatever weird reason my annoying ex wont go home. Grandpa has put the fear in him one then once, but it never works for very long and I don't know why.

Walking him to his car, I give him a hug as the person driving him puts his stuff in the back. "I wish you didn't have to leave," I tell him as I pull away from him.

"I know," he pats me on the head. "Don't forget to use the pepper spray on that boy if he gets to close to you and kick him in the cheep shots."

"Yes sir,"

He gives me a big grin and pats me on the head again. "That's my girl, now I want you to behave yourself and don't forget, if you ever need me just call and you will be home soon."

The man closes the trunk. "We are all set here," he says getting into the car that will take grandpa to the airport.

"Love you," I tell him.

"Love you to," he gets in the car, closes the door and then the car drives off.

Watching the car drive off, I wait till I cant see the car anymore before I go back inside. Soon as the door is closed, Peter is standing only inches from me. I liked it better when he was a mouth and I could say anything to him, but now that I know he is a guy and talks back now, I haven't really talked to him. But that doesn't stop him from sleeping my room sadly. "If you stayed out there any longer, you would had gotten sick again." he says.

"No I wouldn't had," I say walking around him to go back to my room and put on another pair of socks. With only a few mints of being outside, my toes got frozen.

"Yes you would had," he follows me down the hallway and turns back into a mouth as I walk into my room and so freaking close I was almost able to get him between the door and door jam. He turns back into a man and frowns at me. "Would you stop doing that?!"

"I will, when you stop stocking me," going to the dresser I pull out another thing of socks. Sitting down, I take off my boots and put the new lair of socks on my feet. "So much better." I say to myself, wishing I could wiggle my toes, but having six pairs of socks on, well its hard to do.

"I'm not stocking you, I already told you, for whatever reason. What ever you are doing, you are braking the curse on me."

"How long can you stay human now?" I don't know why I ask, its not like I really care.

"About ten hours now," he says as he watches me put my boots back on.

"So a few more days and you will soon be fully human, go back to your old life and stay out of mine." Getting up, I push the chair back into place. "Can't wait." my words are snarky, but deep down, I sort feel sad, because soon I wont get to spend the time with him like I have been, soon.

Going to do the door, I reach out my hand for the doorknob, only for him to grab my arm. "Kelsey please don't say that. Don't you know how I feel about you?"

"Your a snarky ass, its sort hard to tell."

He pulls me away from the door and into his arms, only for him to pick me up in his arms and sit us down on the bed. "The only reason I'm a snarky ass, is because I don't know how to act around some girl I care about."

"First off," pulling away from him, I stand on my own. "you don't try to follow her in the shower."

"My parents did that all the time though."

"Different story and you know it," he looks away knowing I cot him. "Second, though I think it's cute when a guy watches a girl sleep, its really annoying when he almost rolls her off the bed and what were you even doing in my bed last night any ways?"

He looks up at the ceiling and around. "I got cold and the bed was right there next to the nightstand."

Rolling my eyes I go on. "Thirdly, its not okay to steal books from the book store."

"I'm getting bored of the same stories, I wanted you to read something new."

"You could had told me, before I got in trouble."

"I would had paid for them if I had my credit cards on me."

"Talk to your grandmother about that then, since she the only person in your family that knows that you are still alive."

He crosses his arms and makes a face, that shows off of how much of a spoiled brat that he is. "What else?" he grumbles.

"Start taking showers, I know you have only got more hours, but you need to spend some time taking a shower."

He sniffs himself. "Do I smell that bad?"

"There is hair and body stuff for guys in the shower,"

"What about clothes?"

"Under the sink."

He looks over at the bathroom and then back at me. "So if I get better about things, then will you go out with me?" he sounds like a little boy that is scared, that he might get his hands slapped just by asking this.

"Talking to your grandma about a plan for you all of the sudden showing up, then we will see. Now take a shower, I have to go help get dinner ready." leaving him in the room, I close the door and lock it, just in case something happens. For whatever reason, people have been getting their rooms broken into. I'm not sure if anything has been stolen or not, but I still don't want anyone seeing a missing assumed dead guy in my room.

</>

After dinner, we are told it's supposed to snow really bad, so to make sure everyone has lots of fire wood and blankets. So we all run around and like an ideate, I totally forget what room Zane is in. Walking into the room with blankets and fire wood, he comes walk out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist and water dripping from his hair.

"Sorry," turning around fast, I can't help but notice that he smirks.

"It's not like you haven't seen any of this before."

He was right, I shouldn't act like this is new to me. So turning around, I put the blankets down on the bed and put the wood in the rack for wood. "That should hold you over till morning." getting up, I'm almost to the door, till he grabs my arm and pulls me back.

He wraps his arms around me from behind and puts his face in my hair. "Can we start over again? Leave him and come back to me," he whispers.

Stopping him on the foot, he lets go right away. "No way in hell will I ever date you again, so stay away from me." opening the door, I quickly leave the room closing the door behind me.

Running down the hallway I pass Jason as he finishes up. "Kelsey what's wrong?" he calls after.

I say nothing, all I can do is run to my room. Slamming the door behind me, I lock the door and just stand there. "Kelsey what's wrong?" Peter asks getting up from the sofa by the far wall.

"It's nothing," I tell him still standing against the wall.

Through my hair, I can see him getting up with a blanket around his body. He walks over to me and wraps the blanket around me, so I am smashed up against his body. "What's wrong?" he asks again, but very softly and tenderly.

"He wants me to date him again," I say softly.

He tightens his grip on me, as if he will never let go of me. But he will let go of me, soon as his curse has been lifted, he will be gone out of my life, so why the hell does it feel so good to be in his arms like this? Why does it feel so damn good, to be treasured like this? "Will you go back to him?" he whispers.

"No," he relaxes a little bit. "Your freezing, why isn't the fire started?" I ask looking up at him.

He rubs his thumb against my face, making the tears go away. "I'm not the best boy scout." he says.

Giving him a smile, I back out of his embrace and go to the fire place and start up the fire and with in seconds the room gets warm again. "Luckily for you, grandpa taught me how to start fires and pitch tents just in case something would ever happen."

"Lucky me," he chuckles out, then he looks over at the window. "It's really snowing out there."

Walking over to him, I can't help but notice how fast it's snowing. "Hope grandpa got to the airport okay."

He wraps the blanket around the two of us again, with his chin on top of my head. "I'm sure he has." he says softly.