Canon

eleven.

Niall’s Point of View

Lizette was hunched over in the seat beside me, drunk. I can’t believe that ass Louis- wait actually I can. This does not surprise me. He’s lucky all I did was punch him. If Lizette wasn’t so intoxicated I would’ve taken my time to make him bleed. I look over at the girl beside me who was humming to herself. Was I just going to take her home and tell her cop father “here’s your drunk underage daughter”

‘Stop spinning the room.’ She complains as I take a right.

‘I’m not.’ I reply, ‘where do you live again?’

‘Lockwood. 5204. Are you taking me to my parents?’

‘How else do you plan on getting into your house?’ I wonder, ‘I think I’ll have to take you to them.’

‘They’re sleeping and you can’t wake someone who’s sleeping.’ She looks over at me with those eyes that drove me insane. ‘Didn’t anyone ever tell you that?’

‘No, no one ever told me that.’ I shake my head holding back my laughter, ‘do you have a key?’

‘In my bag.’

‘Well you should probably get it out because we’re almost there.’

‘Okay!’ she beams like a little girl. ‘If you don’t like Louis why do you hang out with him?’

‘It’s complicated.’

‘Boys are always so complicated. It’s always complicated.’ Lizette replies, ‘boys.’

‘Looks like we’re here.’ I say pulling along the curb, ‘where’s the key?’

‘Here.’ She throws the keys at me nearly taking my eye out. ‘Ssh we have to be quiet.’

‘You’re the only one talking.’ I mock helping her from my car.

‘My dad will be so pissed.’

‘He doesn’t have to know just be quiet for a second.’ I whisper unlocking the front door. ‘Show me to your room.’ I tell her quietly closing the door.

‘We barely know each other!’ she barks out a laugh through her gasps.

‘Not like that,’ I defend, ‘I mean so I can help you up there. I don’t think you’ll make it up the stairs without me.’

‘Fine dad.’ She rolls her eyes, ‘it’s the first door on the left.’

‘Alright, come on.’ I extend my arm out for her to use as a crutch. ‘A good night’s sleep should do you good. I can’t say how you’ll be feeling in the morning but I suggest you continue as usual so your parents don’t realize how hungover you are.’

‘I am not hungover.’ She mutters as I push the door open to her bedroom.

‘Nice room.’ I say pulling the sheets away from the bed.

‘Thanks.’ When I turn around I see Lizette has already stripped from her outfit tonight. ‘No peeking.’ She laughs bending over in her dresser and pulls out a large tee shirt.

‘I better get going – it’s late.’

‘Niall…’ she says as she climbs into her bed, ‘thanks.’

‘Goodnight Lizette.’

Lizette’s Point of View

‘Lizette, you’re going to be late.’ My mom calls early in the morning, ‘don’t make me regret letting you go out last night.’

‘Okay.’ I mutter as I go to sit up.

‘Hurry, you’ll miss breakfast.’ She says closing the door behind her.

The entire room was spinning and the sunlight burned through the curtains. I groan tiredly walking over to the closet. I grab a pair of leggings, an old tee shirt, a long cardigan and my black boots before taking a quick shower. I throw a beanie on my messy hair and grab my bag before heading downstairs.

‘There she is,’ dad comments as I trudge down the stairs, ‘I didn’t hear you come in last night.’

‘I did, just before curfew.’ I respond carefully making my way over to the table, ‘I just didn’t get much sleep.’

‘Something bothering you?’

‘Everything’s fine, I better go. I’m supposed to meet up with Rose before class.’

‘Alright, see you after school.’ My mom says handing me a breakfast sandwich in a zip lock bag, ‘eat.’

‘I will.’ I promise before heading out the door. ‘Good performance Lizette.’ I throw my head back tiredly and get in the car.

The drive to school seemed longer than usual. Cars flew past me cutting me off as they honk their horns. I finally pull into the school’s parking lot and park beside the gym. Rose was waiting inside homeroom on her phone as usual.

‘What’s this? A new grunge-look you’re going for? I love it.’

‘This is me being tired.’

‘What happened last night?!’

‘Not so loud.’ I complain laying my head on the wooden desk.

‘Wait, are you hungover?’ she questions with a smile on her lips, ‘I didn’t think you drank that much.’

‘I don’t even remember how much I had.’

‘Have you saw Louis’ face?!’

‘No, what happened?’

‘You don’t remember?’

‘No, I don’t remember anything. What are you talking about?’

‘Niall came to the bar last night and hit the hell out of Louis. I think Zayn said he messed his nose up pretty badly.’

‘He broke his nose?’ I gasp confused.

‘I don’t think it was technically broken. Just really screwed.’

‘I didn’t even know Niall was there.’

‘He was there alright, he took you out of the bar right after it happened. Zayn and I left early to get Louis home since he didn’t want to go to the hospital.’

‘I didn’t mean for that to happen. Why would he do that?’

‘If you haven’t noticed the guy’s pretty protective over you.’

‘He’s not.’

‘He threw a drink on this huge barbarian for you and punched someone for you. I don’t care how much he denies it – he’s crazy about you. I think it’s sort of hot.’

‘Whatever you say Rose.’

During homeroom the words floated around in my head: “he’s crazy about you”. Why would you listen to her? You heard it from Niall himself: “I’d never date you” and he seemed pretty serious about it. After homeroom I grab my things from my locker then head to Trigonometry. Louis walks in the hallway with Liam and Harry. He had a Band-Aid on the bridge of his nose but I could see the purplish skin that rested underneath. He glares at me harshly with his piercing blue eyes walking past me. I look away and walk a little faster to Trigonometry.

‘Whoa.’ Niall says catching me at the door, ‘where’s the fire? You nearly knocked ten freshmen over in the hall.’

‘It’s just Loui- nothing.’

‘Did he say anything to you?’ Niall asks clinching his jaw hard.

‘No!’ I immediately blurt pulling him into the classroom. ‘It’s just he seemed pretty pissed off. I saw his face.’

‘It’s not even broken. Tell em to grow a pair.’ Niall scoffs annoyed.

‘Do you have a long list of people that are pissed off at you?’

‘I take pride in ensuring that the list continues to grow.’

‘I bet you do.’

‘How are you feeling?’

‘Terrible.’

‘Did you get in trouble?’

‘No, I just had to pretend that I didn’t have a splitting migraine and nausea this morning. No big deal.’

‘That’s what comes with a night out with them.’

‘Yeah I think I’m good on outings with the group of people you run around with.’

‘Didn’t have a good time, huh?’ he asks raising an eyebrow with amusement written across his face.

‘No, from what I can remember the band was shit anyway.’

‘What band would you go see?’

‘Not a band but I’d love to see Ed Sheeran.’

‘Ed Sheeran?’ Niall laughs leaning forward in his seat, ‘are you serious?’

‘Yes, very much so.’

‘Please tell me you’re not one of those girls who sings that A-Team song not knowing how he’s talking about cocaine.’

‘No, I’m not.’ I laugh, ‘and he has much more incredible songs with powerful meanings. You should hear his new stuff.’

‘I’ll pass.’ He murmurs as the bell rings. ‘So have you got your ticket for that homecoming thing?’

‘Yeah, have you changed your mind about it?’

‘In your dreams.’ He replies through an addicting laugh.

Right. In my dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
remember to comment, recommend, and subscribe to the story if you liked it! have a great day (: