Canon

thirty four.

‘Don’t leave.’ I uncontrollably pout as Niall rolls out of the bed to get dressed, ‘stay.’

‘I really don’t feel like having a bullet in my ass because of your psychotic father.’ Niall stiffs out a laugh as he pulls his shirt over his head, showing off his toned upper body. ‘You should come with me. Maybe we can have a round two after I get something to eat.’

‘That sounds really good,’ I sit up in the bed wrapping the sheets around me, ‘but I can’t. Maybe I could come over tomorrow after class?’

‘Be ready for that second round.’ He kisses my lips deeply before walking out the door, shutting it behind him.

I make my way over to the window to watch Niall as he goes. Once he makes it to the yard I tap on the window causing him to stop and turn around. I pretend that I was dropping the sheets from my bare body, teasing him. He bites his lip in the most attractive way as he shakes his head getting into his car. It wasn’t long before I got a new text, from Niall.

taunting me, huh? just wait until tomorrow. – Niall.

A stupid grin plays on my lips as I scurry over to get in the shower. Once I finished with a long, hot shower I go into the kitchen to see my mom prepping dinner.

‘Hey I didn’t hear you come in.’ I lift Elijah from his playpen to bounce him on my lap.

‘Yeah we haven’t been here long. How was school?’

‘I think that I did pretty good on my Trig test today.’

‘That’s what I like to hear.’

For the next half hour I maintain the small conversation with my mom before my dad comes home. After dinner I excuse myself then head to my room to call Niall.

‘Hello?’ he answers on the second ring.

Niall’s Point of View

‘Hi,’ Lizette chimes into the receiver, ‘what are you up to?’

It killed me how the most pointless, minimal things fascinated Lizette. I don’t know when’s the last time someone called me, let alone to ask what I was doing.

‘Trying not to kick Greg’s ass out.’

‘What else?’ she laughs causing the corners of my mouth to turn up.

‘Like what?’

‘Well are you laying down or sitting up? Are you in the living room or your room? Are you wearing the same thing that you had on earlier or did you change? Have you ate dinner yet?’

‘Breathe-…’ I laugh cutting her over from her many questions, ‘why do care about the small crap?’

‘It’s not crap to me, so tell me.’

‘I’m lying down in my bed. I took a shower when I got back so I changed. No I haven’t ate dinner yet.’

‘What are you wearing?’

‘What am I wearing?’ I scoff with an amused laugh, ‘you’re something else Lizette. You know that?’

‘I will take that as a compliment. Now tell me.’

I talk to Lizette about all kinds of pointless shit before finally hanging up with her. I sat there for ten minutes with this dumb ass schoolboy grin on my face. As much as I tried to hide it- I couldn’t. I was crazy about her. I never felt like this about a girl before. What has she done to me?

Lizette’s Point of View

I arrive late to homeroom because I overslept this morning after drowning with midterm exam notes all night. We were just a week away from winter break – a full five weeks of no classes, no homework, and no school. I was ready for it. My family along with Rose’s would be hitting the ski slopes this time in a week. I wanted to invite Niall the way I invited Scott years ago but I doubt he’d agree and my father would never allow it.

‘I don’t think I should have to tell you of all people, the policies of this school Miss. Matthews.’ My homeroom teacher scolds as I shuffle into my seat.

‘It won’t happen again.’ I mutter turning around to face Rose as I always did, ‘hey.’

‘You’re never late.’ She snickers, ‘What gives?’

‘I was up all night studying for midterms – which you should be doing too by the way.’

‘The world does not need both us burying our faces in textbooks every single night.’ Rose offers me a sly smile before lowering her eyes to her phone, ‘so I was thinking about inviting Zayn to the ski trip but I don’t want him to be all weirded out by it. I mean he’s never said more than ten words to my parents so I can’t exactly ask him to sit in the car for two hours with them. I’m just getting him back, I don’t want to be away from him for that many days.’

‘You never know, maybe he’ll surprise you next week.’

‘Will you be inviting Mr. Horan on the trip?’

‘No, I’m just going to ride with my parents. There’s no way Niall would even agree to it and even if he did my dad would find some reason to leave or cancel the trip.’

‘I thought your dad would have warmed up to you and Niall by now.’

‘He doesn’t exactly know about me and Niall speaking again.’

‘That will not end will, Liz. I think you should invite Niall out to the resort during winter break, just to see what happens. Your dad can’t make him leave a public place.’

‘He can leave and take me with him though.’ I smirk as I pull out my phone to text Niall, ‘I really don’t want to push him away right now so I can just see him after we get back.’

Had an amazing time yesterday. – Lizette.

You’re still coming over at school right? – Niall.

Yes (: - Lizette.

Good we’ll have the place to ourselves – Niall.

Can we just go now – Lizette.

You’re almost ditching class as much as I am – Niall.

I smile at Niall’s snarky text before replying once more then pulling out my notes to study. I make it to Trigonometry before Niall, for once and find my seat. Niall strolls in a few moments later dressed in blue jeans with his blue adidas and a sweatshirt.

‘Hi.’ I smile happily turning in my seat to face him.

‘Hey.’ He nods in return instantly drawing circles on my hand with his index finger, ‘you look good today.’

‘You do too.’

‘Liar.’ He shakes his head with a slight laugh that made my stomach flutter with those annoying butterflies I always got around Niall.

After Trigonometry Niall walks me to my next class, art before pulling me along side the blue lockers, ‘how about we get something to eat at lunch?’

‘That sounds really good.’ I agree looking up into Niall’s alluring blue eyes.

‘All right. See you later.’ He leans down to give me a short but tender kiss on my lips before walking to his own class.

I quickly glance around the crowded hallway able to catch the knowing stares of my fellow graduates. One of those being Liam. He offers a neutral head nod while holding his white lacrosse stick firmly in his palm. Niall and Liam briefly stare at each other with tense body language. Liam looks back at me once more before disappearing into a classroom. I head into the art room before sitting at my stool dropping my bag at my feet.

‘Hey.’ Zayn speaks flopping down onto the wood stool, one down from me.

‘Hey. Someone looks tired.’

‘I was up half the night doing this dumb ass art project that’s due next week.’ He yawns running hand through his jet-black messy hair. ‘Where’s Rose?’

‘Down boy,’ I taunt, ‘she was in homeroom. I’m sure she’s just running late.’

‘Now I finally see what you and Niall have in common – you’re both assholes.’

‘Ha ha.’

Once art was over I head to my next to class before meeting up with Niall by my locker to go get lunch off campus. I stuff my backpack into my locker just as Niall casually strolls down the hall causing people to glance twice at him.

‘You ready?’

‘Yep.’ I retort, protectively reaching for his hand due to a group of girls that were staring a bit too long for my liking.

‘It’s cute.’

‘What’s cute?’

‘When you get jealous.’ Niall replies simply with the tiniest smirk on his face, ‘don’t worry – you’re all I want.’ Niall gives my hand a tight squeeze pulling me along with him to his car.

And he was all that I wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
officially done with this semester so there will be plenty of updates coming your way! Canon will be updated on the same days as before, Mondays and Fridays. I hope you enjoy it and come back to see what happens next! Thanks.