Canon

thirty seven.

‘I miss you.’ I speak into the phone flopping down into the lounge chair beside Rose, ‘Just another week to go until I’m home.’

‘That is seven long ass days.’ Niall groans with frustration against the receiver, ‘seven.’

‘I think you’ll live,’ I taunt playfully, ‘you made it thus far.’

‘If you say so,’ Niall speaks and I couldn’t practically see the smile on his face right now, ‘hey, listen – I have to go right now and do something but I will call you tonight, okay?’

‘Oh, okay.’ I sigh, ‘you’ve been sort of cutting the phone calls short these last few days. Is everything okay?’

‘Yeah, why wouldn’t it be?’

‘No reason, I was just curious that’s all. I’ll just talk to you later then.’

‘All right bye babe.’ Niall stiffs out a soft laugh nervously.

‘Bye.’ I reply happily before hanging up.

Niall’s Point of View

‘What the hell do you want?’ I hiss as Damon walks through the apartment’s doorway.

‘Always the tone of aggression, with this one.’ Damon speaks to big ass John who was tailing closely behind him. ‘I just came by to invite you to a little get together next weekend.’

‘I’m really not interested.’

‘It will be our celebration party for what takes place this weekend – I also wanted to see if you were ready.’

‘After this, I’m done. Out. You’re not going to drag me down to hell with you.’

‘I’ll tell you what, if you do your share this weekend and come to the celebration next weekend you’ll be done.’ Damon speaks causing John to furrow his eyebrows together with confusion.

‘You have my word.’ I seal the deal before he has the opportunity to change his mind. ‘I swear to god if you’re lying to me.’

‘Has Lizzie came back from her vacation, yet? You should invite her, you do know my parties are legendary.’

‘In your fucking dreams.’



Lizette’s Point of View

‘Someone’s in a hurry.’ My dad laughs as he opens the door to the house, ‘We haven’t even got in the house yet and you’re about to knock me down.’

‘I’m just excited to be in my own room again, is that a crime?’ I smile rushing inside to call Niall.

Niall and I have been talking about what we would do when I got back. We made plans to pick up a pizza and spend the entire day together. I call him but he doesn’t answer like he usually does. I decided to drop by his apartment only to find Greg and Denise in the middle of what I did not want to even think about.

‘I haven’t seen Niall all day actually. He didn’t come home last night.’ Greg shrugs running a hand through his thick, dark hair, ‘have you tried calling?’

‘Yeah, he didn’t answer so I thought I would stop by. We had plans today and it’s not like Niall to just cancel without at least some vague answer.’

‘I’ll let you know if he comes back this way, yeh?’

‘Thanks Greg.’

‘Oh Lizette, there’s no need to mention this to Niall is there?’ Greg wonders gesturing to Denise who was covering her bare chest with Greg’s shirt.

‘Your secret is safe with me. You might want to move from Niall’s couch though, he might kill you.’ I laugh before heading to the elevators.

My phone buzzes as I walk out of the building, thinking its Niall only to see an unfamiliar number.

‘Hello?’

‘Lizzie,’ Damon of all people cheers taking me completely off guard, ‘It’s Damon.’

‘D-Damon?’ I spit out confused, ‘why would you be calling me?’

‘Well I am hosting a bit of a shindig. I would love it if you came by.’

‘I honestly don’t think that’s the best idea. I don’t understand your friendship or ownership over Niall but I don’t think he’d be happy if I went.’

‘Oh, please. He just went out for beer with Zayn. He’s here himself, he asked me to call you.’

‘I really have to go, bye Damon.’ I say immediately going to text Niall.

Hey I just left your apartment but Damon called me inviting me to some party? He said you asked him to call? – Lizette.

In the car right now with Zayn cant talk but you should come. – Niall.

Niall texts me moments later with the address of the party. If Niall says okay then I guess I’ll go. He doesn’t seem Damon as a threat so I’ll try not to either. Rose and I make plans to meet up there since she was going with Zayn. I go home and change into a simple black dress with Chelsea boots with a jean jacket. I straighten my hair before rushing through the living room for my purse.

‘Where are you going?’ My dad questions going through the paperwork that was left while he was out of town.

‘Just meeting up with some people. It’s sort of a party. Plus it’s still winter break and I will be back by curfew, sound good?’

‘Have fun, Lizard.’

‘Bye daddy.’

I put the address into my GPS system then pull out of the driveway. The last party I went to was Louis’ and Niall pulled me out halfway into it. That party didn’t go well so I was hoping that this one would be better. Twenty-five minutes later I parked my car behind a jeep that resembled Zayn’s a lot. I spot Niall’s Mustang towards the front of the line outside of this huge brick house in the middle of nowhere. Some guy and girl were borderline eating each other’s faces off leaning against the wet railing. I step on a red plastic cup on my way in. Music blared from the inside along with loud voices and laughter. I open the door to see dozens and dozens of people inside. A large cloud of smoke circled the air near the fancy coffee table that was filled with different drinks. Chips were scattered on the floor in tiny crumbs after being trampled on. My eyes scan the crowded house failing to see anyone that I recognized.

‘There she is!’ Damon shouts throwing an arm over my shoulder with a wide grin, ‘aren’t you fashionably late? You look pretty damn good though.’

‘Is Niall around?’

‘He’s seemed to disappear. How about I tag along and help you find him?’ Damon volunteers, leading me to the alcohol table, ‘how about a drink?’

‘What do you have?’

‘I am going to make you something really good. Trust me.’

‘I’ll just make something myself, if that’s okay with you.’

‘Help yourself, love.’

I fill my cup with some beer from the nearby keg and hold it closely in my grasp. I trail behind Damon walking through the large house.

‘So, who’s house? It’s really nice.’ I look up into Damon’s dark eyes as he strangely hovered over me.

‘Just someone we know.’

Damon and I go upstairs where he one-by-one opens the empty bedrooms. He swings the final door open revealing Niall, John, Louis, and some random girls stretched out over the floor in various locations. Niall stands up with a pale face and wide eyes. I open my mouth only to end up standing there just as shocked as he was. I end up dropping the plastic cup on the floor sending the cool liquid onto the soft carpet.

‘Wh-what are you doing here?’ Niall stammers his way over to me.

‘I thought you invited me but I clearly see that you were too busy.’

‘Liz-…’

I hurry down the stairs with Damon and Niall close behind. I attempt to push throw the crowd but Damon sends a deafening whistle into the air.

‘I think that everyone’s here now. I wanted to thank you all for coming to one of my get togethers. A lot of people may be wondering whose house this is – well, earlier in the week my pals and I decided to rob the older bastard blind.’ Damon speaks arrogantly and the room erupts in cheers, ‘Time to initiate the next phase of my famous parties.’ He holds a bat in his grasp before sending it crashing into a nearby window. Another set of cheers rattles the house.

Niall makes his way through the crowd of people grabbing a hand of my arm.

‘Get off me!’ I snap yanking my arm from Niall taking him by surprise, ‘I can’t believe you!’

‘Lizette, hear me out.’ Niall pleads following me out of the house, ‘I swear to you that I didn’t anything with that girl up there. I would never do that to you.’

‘How could you be apart of this?! I thought you were done with all of this shit. I thought you were better than this.’

‘Listen, baby I-…’

‘Don’t you dare. You don’t get to call me that!’ I retort as I storm off to my car to leave before the police show up and inform my father of my presence at the scene of some crime.

‘Lizette, I love you!’