Canon

forty.

‘You want me to go to Ireland with you?’ I blink in disbelief staring at Niall. It was hard to believe that he wanted to take me across the world but doesn’t call me his girlfriend. Then again, everything was hard to believe with Niall, including Niall himself.

‘Yeah, why not? I mean, I don’t want to be without you again and I could honestly use you there especially with my mom lurking around town.’ He shrugs drawing small circles on my skin with his index finger. ‘What do you say?’

‘I don’t think I could go across the world without some sort of logical explanation. How would I even explain that to my parents?’

‘Just tell me that you’ll go and we can think of all that later.’

‘I want to go.’ I speak hesitantly, ‘I just don’t think that I’ll be able to.’

‘Is that a yes I’m hearing from those lips of yours that I love so much?’ Niall wiggles his dark eyebrows at me with a hidden smile.

‘Niall…’

‘Lizette…’

‘I don’t know how we’re going to do this but yes.’ I agree with a firm nod wrapping my arms around Niall’s neck, ‘what are you doing to me?’

‘I’ve been wondering the same thing about you every damn day.’ Niall replies pressing his lips to mine giving me a slight push back onto his bed. As I’ve done before, I completely lost myself in Niall’s touch and I loved every single moment of it. Our lips hungrily brushed up against each other while Niall carefully lifted his shirt over his head. I use one hand to grip his toned arm holding him. Niall manages to leave small, passionate kisses on each part of my skin.

‘Your b-brother.’ I breathe, suddenly out of breath. ‘He’s right in the other room.’

‘Do you want me to stop?’ he taunts slowly lifting his head to stare at me with his blinding blue eyes.

‘Shut up.’ I laugh grabbing Niall by his neck to bring his lips back down to mine.

When Niall and I came out of the room Greg and Denise were still wrapped up with one another on the sofa. I stiff out a small, embarrassed laugh remembering how Greg and Denise were fooling around on that exact sofa just days ago.

‘What’s that for?’ Niall wonders curiously pulling me over in the love seat to join them in the living room.

‘Nothing.’ I shake my head several times with a smile dancing on my lips as I sit down. ‘What are you going to do about those two when he goes to Ireland?’ I whisper quietly looking up at Niall.

‘She’ll be all right.’ Niall replies with one of his famous “I could honestly care less” shrugs not taking his eyes off of the action movie on TV.

‘Niall.’ I frown swatting his arm, ‘Don’t fan me off.’

‘Listen, I’m sure she’ll be fine. Greg probably won’t be gone that long and I’m sure he’ll talk to her everyday. What do you want me to do invite her with us?’

‘That’s not a terrible idea.’ I tease resting my head on Niall’s chest.

‘It is because it’s not going to happen. That’s just a problem waiting to happen. We’ll see her when we get back, okay?’

‘Okay.’ I give in, not wanting to argue with Niall or pressure him into inviting Denise on the trip for Greg’s benefit. ‘Have you told him yet?’

‘No, I’m just going to tell him tonight when you two leave I guess. I’m not giving his ass a choice, either he gets the hell out of here or he comes with me.’

‘Are you going to look for your mom when you go?’

‘I don’t know Lizette. I don’t have a very fond memory of the last time I tried to look for her. It didn’t end so well, as you may remember.’

‘Whatever you decide to do I will be there.’

‘I appreciate your support.’ Niall leaves a soft kiss on my forehead while rubbing my back. ‘I love you.’

‘Did I just hear what I think I heard?’ Greg turns with wide eyes while Denise sits there with a knowing smile.

‘Shut the hell up,’ Niall shakes his head as his face turns a shade of pink, ‘this is why I don’t express myself right now because of shit like this.’

‘I love you.’ I smile playing with Niall’s dyed hair, ‘so much.’

There was a sudden knock on the door that caused Niall to tense up drastically beside me. He looks at me with a look that I couldn’t read immediately.

‘Go to my room.’ He whispers as he stands up from the loveseat. ‘Please, Lizette. Go in there and shut the door.’ I could hear the seriousness laced in Niall’s tone.

‘Okay.’ I reply scurrying down the hall to Niall’s bedroom and closing the door behind me. I sit on his bed waiting for him to come in and tell me what was going on.

About five minutes later, Niall comes into the room and flops down on the bed beside me, lying on his back.

‘Who was it?’

‘Zayn. He came by saying something about Damon. Apparently Damon’s been going around saying he has something planned for me. It’s all bullshit anyway.’

‘Is he really that pissed off with you?’

‘Fuck him. I’ve been putting up with enough of his shit for all these years and I’m glad I was the one to make him fall on his ass.’

‘I just don’t want you getting hurt.’

‘No one is going to touch me.’ Niall promises leaving a kiss on my forehead, ‘stay the night with me?’

‘I would like that.’ I lay down beside Niall in the bed looking up at the ceiling, ‘I wish every day would be like this.’

‘If only it could be.’ Niall replies wrapping an arm around me to pull me closer to him.

Niall eventually gets up from his bed to get me a t-shirt while I text my mom telling her that I was staying with Rose tonight and that I would see her in the morning. A feeling of guilt waved over me, I hated lying to my parents but I knew that breaking the news to my dad wouldn’t be easy.

‘Would you want to sit down with my parents for dinner?’ I ask aloud, thinking about Niall’s drunken confession the night before. ‘Maybe tomorrow night.’

‘What?’ he asks not taking his eyes off of the plain white ceiling in front of us.

‘I’m tired of hiding, this.’ I gesture at our bodies intertwined, ‘I want you to come to my place on tomorrow night for dinner.’

‘I don’t know, Lizette. I’ll be pretty busy packing tomorrow. I’m supposed to be leaving Monday morning.’

‘So you want me to go to a completely different country with you yet you won’t come to my house for dinner with my parents?’ I wonder with a growing smile, ‘that makes a lot of sense.’

‘What should I wear?’ Niall finally gives in after a long moment of silence.

‘Are you serious?’ I beam sitting up in the bed, ‘You’re going to come?’

‘I’d go anywhere and do anything for you, I thought you knew that by now.’ Niall nods finally placing his eyes on me.

‘You are the best.’ I jump on Niall’s bare stomach giving him dozens of kisses on his ink-drenched skin. ‘I love you. I love you. I love you.’

It was after two in the morning when Niall turned off his TV and the two of us went to sleep for the night. In the middle of the night Niall wakes me up as he mutters something fearfully in his sleep. I sit up in the dark room to shake his wet skin as he slightly shook.

‘Niall?’ I tap finally waking him up, ‘it’s okay, you’re okay.’ I wrap my arms around his sweaty torso, ‘it’s okay.’

‘Sorry.’ He murmurs wrapping his arms around me as well. ‘I’m sorry.’

‘Do you want to talk about it?’

‘No.’ he speaks harshly taking me by surprise.

‘Okay.’ I lay in the silent, dark room staring at the door that I couldn’t see, debating on leaving before Niall lashes out.

‘I’m sorry.’ Niall speaks in this vulnerable voice, taking me by surprise yet again, ‘please don’t lay so far from me.’
♠ ♠ ♠
hey everyone! i hope you enjoyed chapter 40! feel free to comment/subscribe/recommend the story! remember to come back on monday to see what happens next!