My Rock of Love

12 Fugees - Killing Me Softly

+Recap+ Nicole and Kevin have been seen by public...kinda. They know Kevin is seeing someone, they just don't know WHO!

Joe groaned waking up the next morning. When Mandy left a few days ago they down sized the rooms by moving Kevin into the room with he and Nick. It's not that he minded, but it sucked to be up all night with his brothers only to fall asleep on the floor from Nick kicking him off the bed. As he walked to the bathroom to well...use it he heard a giggle. Joe became puzzled and looked around not noticing anything, well he couldn't see well because he didn't have his glasses or contacts in so he just kept walking. As he walked out he heard full on laughing then a groan from his younger brother throwing a white pillow over to the bed beside him. "SHUT UP!", he groaned falling back to sleep. Joe walked closer to the bed to notice instead of one form of a person's body he found two.

"Kev! How could you! Nicole is too cool for you to cheat on her!", Joe bellowed. Quickly two heads popped from under the blankets one belonging to his brother, the other to his girlfriend Nicole. Joe sighed happily as he jumped on to the foot of the bed. "Dang when did you show up?", he asked looking at the two with what looked to be bed head, 'or make out hair!', he smirked.

"After I totally kicked Kev's butt in Halo and you sacked out on the bed. She came over to say good night. Guess she never got to it...", Nick mumbled on the other bed rubbing his eyes of sleepies. Nicole smiled laying her head on Kevin's shoulder as he kissed her head. "We better get ready...we gotta get to the airport and head back on tour and promote the heck out of this movie", Nick sighed yawning and walking to the bathroom. Nicole and Kevin's faces fell as they realized he was right.

Joe looked at them hitting Nicole with his pillow. "No sad faces...you'll be at the premier with us in two weeks anyways!", he chuckled then ducked as she threw a pillow. She growled playfully hitting him off the bed with a pillow this time. The three laughed as Joe got back up leaning on the foot of the bed. "Dang Kev, you sure you're dating a girl and not a line backer for Penn State?!", Joe laughed fixing his hair as Kevin tickled Nicole again.

"Yeah, I'm sure! If she were a line backer heck we wouldn't need Big ROB!", he shouted as she tickled his side. The three laughed as Nick walked in all confused on why his brother was on the floor, but shook his head and began to repack his things.

Nicole looked over at Kevin knowing she would have to do the same. Kevin kissed her head and smelled her hair as she caressed his hand on her knee. "I'd better pack too...",she said softly. They kissed softly as she got off the bed Kevin followed her to the door holding her briefly kissing her shoulder and neck. Regretfully he opened the door and she walked to her room to pack.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strumming dub plates with our fingers,
Eliminate sounds with our song,
Killing a sound boy with this sound,
Killing a sound boy with this sound,
Taking sound boys� lives with this dub,
Killing him softly with this sound.
Strumming my pain with his fingers,
Singing my life with his words...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A knock later came to her door as she finished zipping up her things. Walking over to the door she was surprised to find a box on the floor wrapped in a ocean green bow. 'Please don't open until you're on the plane'. She smiled putting it on her bag as she brushed her hair putting on her hat and sunglasses. Another knock came to her door, she walked quickly only to find Joe. "Hey, I came to get your bags", he said as she let him in. He smiled handing her the gift while picking up her bags. "Come on, we got a car ready for us", he smiles walking down with her out to the car with screaming fans tugging at her bags that Joe was holding. Big Rob came between the fans and Joe as Joe's arm wrapped around Nicole's waist. "Hurry haha", he laughed kissing her cheek in a brotherly gesture. They got into the car while Big Rob put the bags in the trunk and joining the family in the limo.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The drive there was mainly good byes to Nicole. Everyone knew that fans would be swarming the airport this time. Once they arrived the plan of attack was in effect. Quickly they ran to their separate ways, but Kevin ran with Nicole to her run way. "Kevin, you have to go...", she said as they stood in front of the door for her plane. Kevin sighed knowing he would have to as he kissed her good bye caressing her face feeling her hair under his fingers.

He looked into her eyes and smiled. "Open your gift on the plane...I'll see you soon", with one final kiss he ran to his plane in time no one noticed him as he boarded and sat beside Joe.

"Don't worry bro...she'll love it. It'll make her cry", Nick said patting his brothers knee from across Joe. "Trust me...I'm the cute sensitive one", playfully slicking his hair he sat back in his seat and yawned ready to nap all the way to their next destination.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicole sat beside a woman and her daughter who were adorable. The mother would ask Nicole to watch her daughter while she left to use the ladies, which seemed to be often. "My mommy is going to have a baby! I'm gonna be big sister!", she would tell her. Nicole smiled as she grabbed her bag to write, but a box fell out almost hitting the little girl. "What's that? Is it a present? Is it your birthday?", the girl asked rapidly.

She hadn't forgotten about the gift, she just felt it best to not open a gift in front of strangers. She smiled to the little girl shaking her head. "It's a gift from a friend", she whispered. The little girl nodded as Nicole put it into her bag and saw the woman come back and sit beside her daughter. Soon they all fell asleep on the plane taking a nap before there was a signal of time to land.

Nicole called her aunt from a pay phone to come pick her up as she heard a song playing. She looked to her bag hearing it come from inside. She sat down and opened her bag thinking maybe it was her CD player. No, that was turned off. Then she lifted the box to her ear, it was playing a song. 'A music box?', she thought as she opened to find her cell phone with a picture of Kevin's silly kiss face flashing "Boyfriend calling" as it's ID. She smiled as she answered it. "So that's where my phone went huh?", she said smiling. Kevin's laugh made her smile wide as she read the note inside 'To the girl that is my beautiful I recorded in your phone a song that I always play just for you, Kevin', Nicole smiled as she remembered the song as Kevin explained.

"You left it in my room when you left to pack, so...I decided to be sweet and put in a new ring tone since Joe made his own on it", Kevin said looking as Joe as he smiled sheepishly. Nicole smiled as tears came down her face. "I'll call you later when we're done with the show ok? Have fun moving back into the dorms tonight", he said as they said their good byes. Nicole smiled as she hung up and right in front of her was her aunts van.

"Come on hon, we gotta get to the dorms before all the good spots are taken and we have to drag your things a hundred feet and three floors", her aunt said with her sweet smile. Helping Nicole with her bags they hopped into the full van with her clothes that she brought home for the break. Nicole smiled as she went to her ring tones and began to tear up as she heard 'Please Be Mine' played acoustically hearing the boys, she cried as she heard just Kevin sing the chorus to the song. Closing her eyes she could picture him playing with his brothers in the room singing the song. Then remembered every time during shows when they'd bring the girl out to sing to her. Whenever the chorus came Kevin would look to her in the opposite wing singing it to her.

"You love him do you sweetie?",her aunt questioned wiping her nieces tears as she drove out of the parking lot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strumming my pain with his fingers,
Singing my life with his words,
Killing me softly with his song,
Killing me softly with his song,
Telling my whole life with his words,
Killing me softly with his song...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicole shrugged as she wiped her eyes and a new ring tone came. "I know I'm little crazy, I know I'm a little LOUD, but you know I'm never gonna fake it, cause I'm wild, I am free, you call me freak, but that's just the way Joe rolls!", Nicole laughed as the unique for lack of a better word played before she answered it. "Hello Joe", she said with a smile "love the ring tone, it's so...You",she said as she heard him laughing.

"Wait till you hear Nicks, you'll think he's too cute! OH and Mandy's...we hooked you up girl!", Joe said trying to be gangsta. "But, wanted to call an let you hear my ring tone! Haha gotta love me...cause I'm the cute one", he said. Nicole could just picture him trying to be slick as she shook her head.

"You're all called the cute one...but you're just the cute funny looking one", she giggled. She heard Kevin and Nick laugh in the background. She smiled hearing Kevin's laugh as Joe said bye. She smiled as she hung up waiting to hear from Nick. Soon she giggled hearing Nick's voice.

"Nicoooole, it's Niiiick, you know you wanna talk to me! I'm the cute sensitive one! Nicooole, Sugar slow down when your answering your phone I'ma diabetic!", she laughed as it played again and she answered. "What'd ya think? It wasn't a song of ours but that's what makes it better!", Nick said with a smile. The two talked for a bit, but he had to go they were due to go for their isolation time soon. "See you in a couple weeks Nicole!", he said hanging up. She smiled as her aunt pulled onto the campus making her happy. She would soon see her friends and put up her new picture frame with three new pictures on it. As she got out of her aunts van she was crowded with hugs from her friends boys and girls alike.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I felt all flushed with fever,
Embarrassed by the crowd,
I felt he found my letters and read each one out loud.
I prayed that he would finish,
But he just kept right on strumming my pain with his fingers,
Singing my life with his words,
Killing me softly with his song,
Killing me softly with his song,
Telling my whole life with his words,
Killing me softly with his song...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok Yes, SHORT I know, but...to make the one I want special I have to...

Preview: Joe and Nicole dating? WHA!?