My Rock of Love

16 Rascal Flatts - Everyday

+Recap+ Kevin LOVES Nicole!

Nicole smiled as she turned on her TV to ABC to watch Dancing With The Stars. She knew the boys wouldn't be on for a while so she just worked on a bit of homework. Soon a soft acoustic guitar played 'Please be Mine' and that familiar ID 'Your Boyfriend' flashed on her screen as she picked up her phone. "You better not be caught on camera talking to me", She giggled. She heard his laugh and made her cheeks burn more.

"I'm just making sure you're watching...did you see the Myspace?", he asked sounding a little down. She knew why, she bit her lip hearing about Stephanie's death.

"Yeah, I think it's great that you guys are dedicating the performance to her. She would be proud of you all", Nicole smiled softly as she saw the show begin. "You better go, you know cameras will be on you", she said as she thought of the last time she saw him.

Kevin fixed his hair a bit looking into the mirror holding his phone in his hand wanting to have valentine's day again. He nodded. "Alright, I love you Nic, I'll call you tonight", he said as he took a sip of his water. "You know we'll play the song tonight", he laughed. Nicole laughed as she hummed 'When You Look Me In The Eye's' remembering that weekend.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You could've bowed out gracefully
But you didn't
You knew enough to know
To leave well enough alone
But you wouldn't...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Flash Back+

Kevin smiled as he went to the Houston Texas air port to pick Nicole up for a Valentines weekend visit. Luckily she had a flexible schedule being in college. He saw her just walking out the doors leading outside as he pulled up. Her smile widened seeing the rental jeep he described to her. He quickly got out and ran in front of the jeep meeting her on the other side and held her. "I'm so glad to see you", she whispered. He smiled looking down at her and kissed her softly his sunglasses covering his eyes. He opened her door to show a single white lily on her seat. She smiled and kissed Kevin's cheek as she picked it up. "It's beautiful", she giggled as she get into the car putting her bag in the back. As Kevin drove them to the hotel he couldn't stop telling her about how many fans were going to be at the concert.

"It's not that I don't love this, it's just crazy seeing all those girls screaming for us!", he laughed. She smiled and kissed his hand lacing their fingers as he drove.

Looking up at him she smiled watching the city fly by them. "Who couldn't love you...you're too darn cute", she said like an old lady pinching his cheeks. He chuckled pulling his face away as they drove into the parking lot.

Kevin saw flashes of photographers in the garage as they pulled in, he sighed as they pointed their cameras at the jeep. "Kevin who's in the car!", "It's the girlfriend get pictures!", many shouted. Nicole sighed pulling down the visor to cover her face. She grabbed a hat from her bag and sunglasses as Kevin parked the jeep.

Soon the jeep was surrounded by paparazzi before the car was even turned off. "Sorry, I guess they found where we're staying", he said as he turned to her. She shrugged and smiled as they both got out of the jeep and walked quickly to the lobby. Pictures were taken everywhere until they finally reached the door of the hotel.

Nicole kissed Kevin's cheek as he showed her to her room which she had to herself. "I'm glad you don't let them get to you", she smiled as he put her bag on the floor. He smiled and leaned down to kiss her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I drive myself crazy
Tryin' to stay out of my own way...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicole smiled as she watched the dancers flying in the air to an old Meat Loaf hit sipping her water. Her eyes in awe of them as she watches the screen. "I love this show!", squealed Meg as she sat on the floor with popcorn. Laughing at her friend Nicole got up and finished her spaghetti as she sat back on her bed. "So hows Kevin", Meg asked with a giggle.

"He's doing fine", she knew he wasn't due to his friends death, but still she knew he'd pull it off. As the boys walked down the steps for their first song Nicole laughed as they began their cover for the song by Ah-Ha.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The messes that I make
But my secrets are so safe...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they began to play 'Games' Nicole smiled liking this song. She smiled singing along as she watched the fans screaming and dancing to the songs. Kevin's smile was wide when ever he'd turn around to do on the platform or just to move.

Soon their cover song of 'Take On Me' began. She smiled and giggled as she sang along and began dancing when she saw Joe turn and see her dancing. Joe stared at her still singing trying to do her move, but messed up and quickly got on the platform. Nicole saw it all and giggled seeing Joe trying, but having trouble. 'I'll teach him how'. Kevin turned to her and winked making her blush.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only one who gets me
Yeah, you get me
It's amazing to me...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the two girls watched the contestants two by two be safe from leaving the show they waited more in anticipation of the next Jonas song. "How much do you wanna bet that everyone is in the lobby watching this...just for the boys?", Meg laughed. Shaking her head Nicole smiled. "Ok, so maybe not EVERYONE but still", she still shook her head, but continued to watch her cell phone by her side. Soon the scream of the fans as they began 'When You Look Me In The Eyes' a smile spread across Nicole's face.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How every day
Every day, every day
You save my life...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the concert was over everyone met on the bus that drove them to the hotel. The family all sat down and had a meal together as per usual. It was fun to be with the family even if it was Valentines day. Kevin wiped her cheek of pizza sauce and smiled as they all talked about the show. "Wanna go for a walk?", he asked. She smiled and nodded excusing themselves and walked outside with him following.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
As they walked around the block they heard a radio playing above them. A smile softly spread across their faces as Nicole softly sang along. 'I'm gonna tell you that I love you, in the best way that I can', she sang softly as he held her close. He smiled singing softly beside her. They soon walked back to the hotel and he led her back to her room. As she opened her door she was met with a beautiful sight.

Flame less candles and white lilies with Kevin's black Gibson leaning against her bed. "Happy Valentines", he whispered kissing her cheek. She smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He walked her over to her bed and sat on the bed across from her picking up his guitar. "I wanted to make it simple and special, since I can't do much", he said wincing.

Nicole smiled and caressed his cheek as he began to strum on his guitar. He looked up at her seeing she knew what song he was playing. 'I'll be' By Edwin McCain. He played and sang softly as they looked into each others eyes.

'And I dropped out, I burned up, I fought my way back from the dead,
I tuned in, I turned on, remembered the thing that you said'


Nicole smiled biting her lip as she looked into Kevin's eyes singing along softly with him. As they both finished Nicole knelled in front of Kevin and kissed him as he put his guitar down kissing her back. She sat beside him on the bed wrapping their arms around each other.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I come around all broken down and
Crowded out
And you're comfort
Sometimes the place I go
Is so deep and dark and desperate
I don't know, I don't know...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicole smiled as the song finished and they finished watching the show. Soon her phone vibrated beside her and she giggled. "You couldn't wait twenty minutes?", she smiled.

Kevin smiled and laughed. "I waited a good ten you should be proud of that", he chuckled. She smiled as she lay on her bed the show finishing as they talked. "Tomorrow we do Jimmy Kimmel", he said as he began to undress to leave the building.

"That should be interesting. I mean don't they have fans in the studio, and at the stage performances?", she asked. They both laughed as they realized it was true. "Just don't take too many girls back to the room this time...", she giggled.

"Aw baby you're no fun!", he chuckled as he pulled on his jeans. They smiled talking about the show. "I wasn't shocked, that Monica Seles got kicked off, but I thought Adam would have been kicked off before Penn", he watched the show once in a while, but Nicole suggested he watch the first two episodes in case they were asked about the show while on the show or on Jimmy Kimmel. 'Never hurts to know'. He didn't mind, it wasn't that bad of a show anyways.

She nodded as he pulled on his coat. "Yeah, but it's not fair that they kicked off two people", she pouted. He just laughed walking out to the car meeting up with Nick, Joe, and his father. Nick and Joe looked to each other and knew it was Nicole and waved to Kevin.

"Nick, and Joe say 'hey'", he said making her smile. 'tell them I say hi back...and wave to the fans for me' he laughed as they were all surrounded by screams of fans. Kevin waved to the fans as Nicole waited for them to get into the car.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes the place I go
Is so deep and dark and desperate
I don't know, I don't know...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon it was 3am and the couple were simply watching Across the Universe falling asleep. "You better go to bed. You guys have a concert tomorrow and I don't want to be the cause of you falling on your bum again doing those spins, and jumps", she smiled snuggling sleepily into his chest.

Kevin smiled running his fingers through her hair. "We're up this late all the time. Besides I want to be with you as long as I can", caressing her cheek he holds her closer. She smiled running her fingers through his soft curly hair as their eyes closed falling asleep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning Nicole woke up and smiled kissing his cheek to loosen his grip on her as she walked over to her bag. Five minutes later Kevin woke up to the feeling of no one beside him. He sat up rubbing his eyes and looked down to find a wrapped gift beside him. He smiled opening the gift to find a picture frame lined with concert tickets from the tour. Inside the frame was a picture of them at Christmas and across the bottom of the inside was the ticket from the 3D movie and on it was her hand writing. 'I love you'. He smiled putting it on the bed side table. He heard the shower and smiled leaving a note to tell her he went to his room to shower.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes I swear, I don't know if
I'm comin' or goin'
But you always say something
Without even knowin'...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicole yawned softly as she looked at her clock seeing her alarm. It was 1am she laughed as Kevin talked about how he was excited to be on Jimmy Kimmel tomorrow. "He just has our stupid humor. Plus I think that the fans will be pumped", he said.

Nicole smiled listening to him talking as she laid down. "Yeah, I mean it's LA. Feel good to be home for a few days?", she smiled wishing she could be with him earlier, but knew she couldn't.

"It felt nice to sleep in my bed. My pillow still smells like you too", he smiled.

Nicole laughed, "It should, I slept on your pillow enough". He laughed as well as he walked up to his room and lay back on his bed charging his phone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That I'm hangin' on to your words
With all of my might and it's alright
Yeah, I'm alright for one more night-
Every day...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin smiled and Nicole lay in his bunk as they did sound check for the show that night. Brushing a hair out of her face he kissed her cheek letting her sleep a little longer. Walking to the back he played against Joe in Guitar Hero again. "Dude seriously, playing against you isn't fair", Joe laughed. Leaning against the door frame Nicole laughed at the two brothers as they played again.

"You deserve a prize for that win", she smiled as he walked over and kissed her and held her for a while.

He smiled even as his younger brother sighed. "Did we wake you? I'm sorry", he whispered. She shook her head as she breathed in his scent and giggled knowing her pillow smells like him from spritzing her pillow with his cologne. As he leaned against her neck she lightly scratched his back knowing he liked it.

"I can't wait until summer, I'll have my back scratchier back", he said making her jokingly gasp.

She laughed lightly pushing away and stopped her scratching. "Is that all I am now? A back scratchier?", she smiled. He shook his head and pulled her back into his embrace.

"Mmm, no. You smell good", he whispered as she went back to scratching his back, she smiled knowing she sprayed his pillows with her perfume. "Do you have to go back to school?", he asked kissing her neck.

She nodded and nuzzled his neck. "It's just a little while longer, then you'll work on J.O.N.A.S I'll be with Chad, well be back here in LA then have a summer of fun", she said trying to not only comfort him, but herself. He kissed her head and took her hand as they headed to the venue.
------------------------------------------------------
"Hey Nicole, can you check the mics for us again? The boys didn't get one of them", asked one of the stage hands.

She smiled and nodded seeing Kevin and the boys were talking with their dad about tonight's show. She tapped one. "Hold on tight", then she ran to the next mic. "It's a roller coaster ride we're on", then ran to the next. "Say goodbye, cause we won't be back again", finally she ran to Garbo's mic and giggled. "UP and down, you're all around-", before she could finish the boys all sang with her.

"Say goodnight, and goodbye", all four sang. Nicole blushed, they knew it was her favorite song to see performed. Her favorite song to sing with the boys though was the original version of 'When You Look Me In The Eyes'. The stage hand smiled putting up two thumbs telling her it was good as she hopped down into Kevin's arms.

"See you were born to tour", he laughed as she shook her head.
------------------------------------------------------------
The rest of the weekend was more concerts and fun. Soon Sunday rolled around and she had to head back home to finish her second semester of college. Kevin and the boys couldn't take her to the airport so she called them when she arrived back in her dorm. Well she actually had to wait an hour knowing they were in concert, but still she called.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every day, every day, every day
Every day, every day
You save me, you save me, oh, oh, oh
Every day
Every, every, every day...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin yawned smelling his pillow again seeing it wasn't even that late as he changed into his PJs. "I know it's getting late, so I'll let you go baby", he said as he rubbed his eyes.

"Alright, I love you I'll talk to you after the show", she said seeing it was 2am, but it was only 11pm in LA.

"I love you too, I can't wait to see you...7 more weeks right?"

"6 weeks and 6 days, I won't get down to the hours it would be hard with you being in California", she smiled. "Night Kevin I love you so much"

"I love you more then you know Nicole", Kevin smiled as they both hung up and fell asleep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every day you save my life...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Awww that was long but SO CUTE!

Preview:Nicole's first two weeks of summer with her brother.