My Rock of Love

22 Carrie Underwood - So Small

+Recap+ Kevin and Nicole have been apart for two years because, both their lives have been busy. But now two years and Nicole is a head stage hand for a traveling group, and she finds herself face to face with a certain older Jonas.

Kevin stared down at the girl that had been haunting him for the past two years before brothers ran up to her to hug. "Nicole! Your here!", Nick said holding her even as she looked back at the eldest brother.

Joe smiled looking between the two rubbing his hands together because this is what he and his brother wanted. "So, Nicole, you gonna help us unload in a bit?", he asked her.

"Oh, haha yeah of coarse sorry", she said as she was handed the last blanket to put on the set pieces for safe travel. "Yeah, I'll be there in a bit" The boys nodded as they grabbed Kevin's shoulder and took him away to go talk with their dad about the plans.

Nicole sighed leaning against the back of the truck before climbing up the ramp to put the blanket over the glass mirror. Jim finally showed holding his hand out to her to help her down. "Now you show up!", she sighed making Jim laugh hard. Jim knew about her last relationship, it hurt him to see her sad, but somehow she seemed in a better mood now that her friends were close. "Alright, you go help unload while I finish helping the crew with the runway stage", she said walking back inside. He nodded and jogged to the Jonas bus to help.

------------------------------------

Joe smirked as he stood on the stage watching as Nicole and three other men placed down the final piece to the runway of the stage. "It looks great!", he shouted his voice bouncing around the room. The workers smiled thanking the young man before Joe jumped down and walked over to his friend. "Happy big 2-3 Nic, I gotta say you are still beautiful haha", he smiled. She rolled her eyes knowing she wasn't looking her best, she was sweaty, and looked tired from the stress of the next two days. She smiled though until she saw Kevin walking back on stage with Jim carrying some equipment. "Nic, just tell him...if you don't, Nick and I will make you!", he said with a huge smirk his wheels turning on the plan he and his older brother were working on for tonight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you got if you ain't got love,
The kind that you just want to give away,
It's okay to open up,
Go ahead and let the light shine through,
I know it's hard on a rainy day,
You want to shut the world out and just be left alone,
But don't run out on your faith...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin smiled rubbing his neck as Jim talked to him helping him take their interments backstage for tuning. "Yeah, I gotta say my little sister LOVES your brother Nick", Jim continued making the the eldest Jonas brother feel awkward to hear about her dreams of dating Nick. "So, tell me what's it like to be part of a band that sells out to crazy sexy girls all the time? Have you hooked up with a fan yet?", the young man asked in a rush. Kevin almost laughed. How many people are going to ask me that? He simply answered the question shaking his head.

"My brothers and I are just having fun with doing what we-", Kevin's eyes landed on Nicole's causing him to forget what he was saying as he smiled to her. "-love"

Jim smiled seeing the look as he took Kevin's guitar case from him. "Go talk to her, it's her birthday she probably wants to hear you wish her happy birthday", he said clapping the man's shoulder before picking the guitar case, and amp up and walking over to their tuning crew. Kevin looked back to Jim to find him gone. He looked back to see Nicole hitting Joe's shoulder in somewhat anger. What's that about?

------------------------------------

Joe laughed. "Come on Nic, we want to sing with you tonight, everyone loved it when you sang with us last time!", he defended rubbing his upper arm. Nicole shook her head as she crossed her arms in front of herself. Joe and Nick wanted her to sing in the show tonight '...you can sing 'I wanna tell you now', or that version of 'When you look me in the eyes' that we sang in the basement all the time. It'll be fun what do you say?'. She smacked his arm at the thought of it.

Leaning against the wall of the runway Nicole rubbed her temples. "Does Kevin even want to do this?", she knew Kevin didn't take to surprises in shows well. Joe and Nick smirked.

"He knows...", Nick said smiling.

"Who knows what?", Kevin asked walking down the runway and sitting on the edge.

Nick and Joe laughed looking up at Kevin seeing he and Nicole checking each other out. This is going to be perfect, "How Nicole's singing with us tonight", Joe said looking up to his brother to see if he'd disagree with the idea. Kevin's eyes brightened, but then calmed as he coughed.

"Oh yeah, uh- well we'll practice it in an hour if you want", Kevin said looking down to a shocked Nicole. She didn't expect him to be all for this. She bit her lower lip then looked two Nick and nodded.

Three bright Jonas smiles that made any girl under the age of 25 melt were given to her before her two cheeks were kissed. She giggled and looked up to Kevin as he stood up not taking his eyes off of Nicole before he began to walk back stage. A small smile appeared on her face before she looked down at what she was wearing. Her black uniform was dusty and slightly ripped from her months working. 'Mmm don't I look wonderful...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Cause sometimes that mountain you've been climbing, is just a grain of sand,
What you've been up there searching for,
forever is in your hands,
When you figure out love is all that matters after all,
It sure makes everything else,
seem so small...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She closed her eyes as she looked into the mirror at her reflection as she stood in jeans and a simple sea green halter top that she borrowed from one of the costumes that were left behind from a Little Mermaid show. Looking up at the clock Nicole made her way out to the stage pulling on a black tee to blend in better while the show went on. She smiled seeing as the opening act walked out. "Break a leg girls", she whispered as they made their way out.

The four girls looked to the woman as if she were being rude. 'Break a leg! That's mean'. Nicole heard a chuckle behind her causing her heart to beat quicker. "It just means Luck, it's a superstition that stage people have, Kick butt girls", Kevin explained to the four singers before they made their way on stage to the screaming girls.

Blushing Nicole turned around to see Kevin in a shirt and jeans and his glasses on. "You know your going to break those if you wear them on stage Mr. Jonas",she said trying to be funny. He smiled looking down then removed them to dust the lenses off. "Trust me, I've seen your shows"

"These are just because my contacts needed to be cleaned first, I'll be putting them in soon", he explained placing the black frames back on his nose. Nicole smiled looking up at him before looking back at her watch.

It was an hour before they hit the stage. "You better go warm up, you guys need to with this stage", she said lightly pushing him toward the rest rooms where they would tune up.

"That's why I'm here, I have to come get you to warm up with us", he smiled taking her hand. Shivers and electricity shot through their fingers sending it to both parties. Before she could protest that she had to stay Kevin held up his hand. "Jim is going to be taking over for the time...now come on"

-------------------------------------

"Now don't worry, when you climb on the piano I'll help you back down haha", Joe laughed as they were about to go out the door for them to start their show. She nodded and kissed his cheek.

"Break a leg Joe", she then hugged and kissed Nick's cheek and giggled as he blushed. "Break a leg Nicky", she turned to Garbo and giggled as he and the band pointed to their cheeks. "You guys..." kissing each of their cheeks they all smiled widely. Her giggles stopped as she stopped at Kevin. "Break a leg Kev," she leaned in for a hug and almost kissed his lips out of familiarity but quickly kissed his cheek.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's so easy to get lost inside,
A problem that seems so big at the time,
It's like a river thats so wide,
it swallows you whole,
While you sit around thinking about, what you can't change,
and worrying about all the wrong things,
time's flying by,
moving so fast,
you better make it count 'cause you can't get it back...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Alright everybody, I want you to give a LOUD cheer, cause being here in CHICAGO has been more of a blast then you know", Nick shouted into his mic as he went to sit at the piano. Screams were heard making he and his brothers smile.

Joe looked back stage and nodded to Nicole to tell her to come out. "Now, if you guys go back, about...two years ago on NEW YEARS EVE!", Joe said as he was met by more screams. "Well Nicole McCoy is out of hiding, and it's her birthday!", he laughed.

Nicole walked out blushing as she waved to the screaming fans. Kevin smiled as he watched her walk over to Joe. "Now, although it's her birthday, we have a surprise for you guys. We're going back all the way to our second album and singing you a song all you ladies LOVE", the eldest chuckled as the crowd went wild.

Joe laughed Nicole covered her ears. "Haha, yeah I want all you to give it up!", Joe shouted as he nodded to his brothers then Nicole. Soon the music began playing screams from every corner as Joe began waving his hands from side to side wanting the fans to copy him.

Nicole closed her eyes as she took a deep breath.

OH oOhh YEAH! Ooohh Yea

Biting her lip Nicole looked at Joe and as he sang out to the fans.

If the heart is always searching,
Can you ever find a home?


She smiled as she looked down to the fans as they tried to reach just for Joe's shoes.

I've been looking for that someone,
I'll never make it on my own


Dreams can't take the place of loving you

There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true.

The two smiled as they walked about the stage singing.

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the
eyes.


How long will I be waiting
to be with you again?


Nicole turned to see Kevin as he sang making her blush. She smiled walking over to him looking into his eyes.

Gonna tell you that I love you,
In the best way that I can


I can't take a day without you here

You're the light that makes my darkness disappear

Nicole looked deep into Kevin's eyes they both believed in the words they sang.

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the
eyes.


Nicole and Joe climbed onto the piano as Kevin joined the three jamming on his Gibson guitar. Nicole knelt beside Joe as he stood.

More and more, I start to realize,
I can reach my tomorrow,
I can hold my head up high

And it's all because you're by my side

Joe helped Nicole off the piano top as she sang blushing.

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side...


Suddenly Joe's arms wrapped around her as the four of them walked down the run way to the fans. She couldn't help, but look to Kevin singing along.

When I hold you in my arms,
I know that it's forever.
I just gotta let you know,
I never wanna let you go.


Joe suddenly spun Nicole out which made her almost run into Kevin. She just smiled as she held the mic out in front of the two of them singing together looking into each others eyes.

When you look me in the eyes.(THE EYES)

And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
(it's alright)
When you're right here by my side.(By MY SIDE)
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes
.

Joe and Nick smiled watching as Kevin and Nicole finished the song.

Whoa oh oh, YEAH

Smiled spread across their four faces as the crowd cheered and screamed. Kevin looked to Nicole then to the crowd as they all waved and bowed. "THANK YOU CHI-TOWN YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!", Joe shouted into his mic sending the girls into hysterics. The four walked backstage Kevin removing his jacket as Joe undid his tie putting it up on his head and Nick just drinking his water.

Nicole bit her lower lip as she looked up to Kevin to find him already looking down at her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing, is just a grain of sand,
What you've been up there searching for,
forever is in your hands,
When you figure out love, is all that matters after all,
It sure makes everything else,
Seem so small...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicole smiled as she changed into her jeans and shirt after getting a call from Joe. 'We're taking you out on your day off and there is nothing you can do about it little missy' she giggled putting on her glasses fixing them on the bridge of her nose. A knock came to her hotel room door minutes later. She laughed seeing Nick leaning against the door frame smiling back at her.

"So fro bro where we going today?",she giggled as he hugged her. He smiled shrugging. She found out last night that they were in the same hotel as she was which made her happy, but nervous all at the same time.

He took her hand smiling leading her out of her room into the hall. "Come on, no time to lolly gag!",he said walking her toward his two older brothers.

"How's the family? I mean, I wanted to see them before you guys left", she asked as they made their way closer to the two older boys.

Nick smirked, if his and Joe's plan worked she wouldn't have to worry about seeing the family. "They're good, they took Frank out to the Pier for the day", he smiled. "We'll be seeing them for the fireworks show later tonight", he reassured her. She smiled nodding as they finally reached Joe, and Kevin.

Joe smiled as he yawned before he sipped his Starbucks tea. "Morning...",he said turning back to Kevin. Nicole giggled as she put her hands on her hips as if asking where her Starbucks was until Kevin handed her his cup fixing his glasses.

"It's our favorite, go for it I already had one", he said with a smile. Just as she was about to refuse he put the cup in her hand softly caressing her fingers with his rough ones. She looked up to him remembering those fingers once touching her face years ago. She took a drink and giggled seeing it was warm still. "So boys, where ARE we going?"

Joe and Nick didn't say a word as the two walked to the elevator soon followed by Nicole and Kevin. Not a word was said even as they made it to the lobby floor. The boys walked out the revolving doors, but smiled as they stopped the doors when Kevin and Nicole were in the middle. Both boys stood holding the couple in a triangular trap. Nicole banged on the door with Nick on the other side of the window. "Nick let us go dude we're going to get in trouble", she giggled thinking this was a joke. He shook his head with a smirk. She felt Kevin's breath on her neck before he began laughing banging on the other door trying to get Joe to do the same.

"No way, not till you two talk this out!",Joe said through the window. Sighing Nicole leaned against the wall that blocked them both in. They tried to push both ways, but both couldn't budge either side enough to get out. "Come on, soon their will be a rush of people", Joe said leaning hard into the door blocking out his older brother and the girl he knew was meant for his brother.

Nicole began to laugh softly as she slid down the wall to sit again. "What's so funny?", Kevin asked looking down at her with a smile. He looked down at her before he crouched down to hear what she said. She smiled brushing her hair out of her eyes before she shook her head.

"I, I've dreamed of seeing you again so many times. But I never thought I'd see you again", she began looking down. "Now I see you, and haha we're stuck here I don't know, you know me I find stuff like this funny"

Kevin soon joined in her laughter looking into her eyes. He remembered why he fell in love with her all over again. She always found the most awkward of situations to be funny. Not only that, but he could make it seem as if they had never been apart. "Yeah haha these two always seem to one up me on funny stuff", he chuckled.

She smiled looking back up into his eyes. She wasn't mad at the two young boys as she was a moment ago, she was actually glad that they stuck them in this situation. "They still have a hard time with the romantic side though, you'll always have a one up on them", she smiled. As they stared into each others eyes they began to lean in to kiss.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing, is just a grain of sand,
What you've been up there searching for,
forever is in your hands...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe was watching rooting on his brother when all of a sudden he lost his footing pushing the door into Kevin and Nicole rolling them out of the trap they set. "CRAP", he yelled as he ran out the door soon followed by Nick.

"DUDE!",Nick yelled smacking Joe in the back of the head. Nicole lay under Kevin the two of them laughing at each other.

"Haha Joe is living up to his name, Dj Danger...oh hahaha", she laughed harder as Kevin lay his head on her shoulder laughing as well. Kevin stood slowly helping Nicole up with him.

Joe looked to his younger brother and nudged him seeing the two were smiling. Maybe the plan worked still he thought as they looked to the two dusting each other off and fixing the others glasses. Nick smiled before walking over to his brother. "Well, let's get out of here and go site seeing", he said wrapping an arm around Nicole's neck.

-------------------------------------

Joe smirked looking behind himself again seeing Nicole and Kevin holding hands. He smiled more as he saw Frankie running toward him and Nick. "JOE!", the young boy shouted before jumping into his arms. He laughed almost falling from the impact of his growing brother.

"Yo Tank-",before he could finish Frank got down and ran into Nicole's arms. "Oh I see how it is, hoe's before bro's", he laughed watching as the little boy clung to her. They were soon joined by his parents all greeting Nicole with hugs.

"It's good to see you sweetie!", said their mother as she held Nicole a little longer. They all smiled as they stood at the pier the sun slowly setting behind them.

"Boys, we have some news", said their father gravely, normally he wouldn't have brought up this news in front of guests, but Nicole was like family. "Some of the crew is having trouble with all the equipment, with all the props and we may need to either drop some things from the show or hire some more crew members", Paul Sr. groaned rubbing his neck. The boys leaned against the railing trying to think about what they could do.

"Maybe we coul- no", Joe tried to make it funny but couldn't. He looked to Nicole then around. "The fans could help couldn't they?", he asked. Everyone looked at Joe wanting to smack him, but Nicole did it for them.

"Of coarse they can't, they don't know how to spike the stage for your mics, they don't know how to lift those heavy props! You'd have a law suite on your hands in two shows-", she said when suddenly Joe, Paul Sr. and Nick looked to her. "Why are you all looking at me like that", she asked. The three Jonas nodded before Joe wrapped an arm around Nicole's neck.

"Nicole, how would you and a few of your traveling crew members like to tour with us?", he asked smirking. Nicole looked to Joe and was confused. How can she do that? She had a job already. Joe smirked seeing her thinking about it, but already knew something she didn't.

Nick, and Joe actually heard about this problem the night before. They thought about it and talked to Rick Nicole's boss to find out of any groups that would be good to hire, but were smiling to hear him recommending Nicole, Jim, and a few other crew members. 'She's a great kid, and a awesome crew member, but I know she wants to do more concerts then plays...'. It was perfect!

"Joe, I can't. I have a job here!", she sighed looking down. This was her second time offered to go with them on tour and this time is was her dream job. SAY YES NICOLE! Joe smirked holding her to him before she could walk away.

"Yes you do, to us...", he said explaining how now she would be going on tour with the boys the rest of the summer. Kevin's eyes bulged out of his head when he realized Nicole would be on tour with them. Joe smiled seeing his older brothers face. "So, I'll ask again, Nicole will you go on tour?"

She smiled and hugged Joe tightly before hugging the rest of the joyful family. She felt so happy to know that her summer was going to get better.

------------------------------------

The family went off and had a celebratory dinner and talked about the tour. Nicole looked down to her watch and smiled. "The fireworks will start soon, shall we go and watch?",she suggested. The family nodded and began to leave when Kevin took Nicole's hand. They all went out and listened as songs played in the air. As Nicole was leaning against the railing Kevin wrapped his arms around her from behind closing his eyes. "I've missed you", he whispered into her ear. She closed her eyes dreaming of the day he would say that. She turned in his arms to look into his eyes as she heard music play. She giggled hearing 'I'll Be' by Edwin McCain.

She smiled leaning her head against Kevin's as she took a deep breath. "I still love you Kevin Jonas", she whispered. He smiled holding her close.

"I've never stopped loving you Nicole", he said leaning down kissing her softly.

Nick and Joe didn't notice the site as fireworks cracked and popped before them. "Hey guys lo-", Joe gasped pointing to the sky as he turned to his brother, but stopped when he saw they were seeing their own fireworks. Smiles crossed the Jonas family's lips as they watched the fireworks show, the one in front of them of coarse.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you figure out love is all that matters after all,
It sure makes everything else,
Oh it sure makes everything else,
Seem so small...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

It's funny how fate works out? Or, how two determined Jonas brothers are to reunite two people they care about? (This picture is too cute, especially when you know why they are laughing)Hehe hope you liked it.

Preview: Touring with the boys again.