My Rock of Love

23 Taylor Swift - Only Me When I'm With You

+Recap+ After two years Kevin and Nicole met in Chicago. Now add Nick+Joe+their brains = Getting them back together. lol. Not only that, but Nicole and some of the crew members she works with are going on tour with the boys to help.

Kevin smiled kissing Nicole softly holding her close as the fireworks were coming to an end. Frankie tugged on Nicole's jeans separating the two. "You two missed the fireworks!", he pointed out as he put his fists on his hips.

The two laughed at the young boy leaning their heads against the other. "No, Frankie, we didn't really", Kevin whispered looking into her eyes then down to his little brother. Nicole smiled as she lay her head on Kevin's shoulder before looking at her watch.

"I gotta go, I need to get some sleep, I'm still working for Rick, and we're going to be up soon to move your stuff out and the Romeo and Juliet set in", she sighed wrapping her arms around him as he kissed her cheek. She held him a little longer as he was caressing back wanting her to stay. "Will you walk me back?"

Joe ran over to talk to the two picking up Frankie as Kevin nodded taking Nicole's hand. "Kev, where you going? We're going on the ferris wheel!", he shouted watching as his brother walking away with Nicole.

"Their gonna go and...",Frankie wiggled his eye brows causing Joe to laugh hard.Nick walked over to see why his brother was in almost hysteric's. Frankie explained again where their eldest brother was off to with Nicole causing even Nick to roll over on the sidewalk.

Holding their sides the two older boys stood and looked to their brother. "Dude where did you get that from", Nick asked coughing back his last laugh. They all knew that Kevin wouldn't be un-pure with Nicole, but it was funny to see Frankie growing up so fast.

"On T.V.! Come on I wanna ride the wheel before mom takes us back to the hotel and puts me to bed!", he shouted running just enough for the two boys to see him. They ran after him and soon were going up in the air seeing the lit city of Chicago.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday night beneath the sky,
In the field of broken hearts,
You and I are painting pictures in the sky.
And sometimes we don't say a thing,
Just listen to the crickets sing,
Everything I need is right here by my side...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yawning Nicole groaned turning to shut off her alarm, she was tugged back into bed before she could pull back the blankets to get up. "Five more minutes?", Kevin moaned holding her closer to his body."Please?"

She smiled a sleepy smile before rolling back into his warm embrace. "Ten more minutes", she whispered causing the eldest Jonas band member to smile.

Nicole groaned as she rolled back over ten minutes later to get ready for work. Kevin was back asleep as she kissed his cheek, and got out of bed to shower and change.

-------------------------------------

Kevin sat up with a start seeing Nicole wasn't beside him when he woke, but a pillow was in his arms. Was it just a dream? He looked around the room not seeing any indication it couldn't be a dream. Soon his eyes landed on a piece of paper on the bedside table with his name on it with a kiss on it. Picking it up he smiled as he sat up and read it.

Morning Kevin,
You fell back asleep and I couldn't wake you. You're on break and need to sleep in once in a while. Call me if you're free today, but I'm done with work at five.

I love you,
Nicole


He smiled looking over at the clock seeing it was noon. He got up and walked to his room to change and find out what was the plan for the day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I know everything about you,
I don't wanna live without you..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nick, Joe and Kevin laughed as they walked down the streets of Chicago going to different shops hiding behind their sunglasses. "Nick, have I told you how awesome you are?", Joe said lifting his sunglasses for a brief moment to look to his brother. Nick chuckled shaking his head. He was glad he asked their dad for the break, it worked out perfect for everyone.It was like fate!

The two younger boys noticed Kevin looking down at his watch during their walk throughout the day. "Seriously Kev, just call her", Nick laughed punching his brothers shoulder.

Kevin smiled as he reached for his phone and it began to vibrate. "looks like he doesn't have to", Joe said seeing Kevin's caller ID.

-------------------------------------

That night they all sat in the boys room. "Ok, we need to make a video, I can't stand it!", Joe said shaking his long locks. Nicole laughed grabbing her camera and began to film. "Not now! We need to figure out what we're gonna do first"

Fifteen minutes later they had come up with an idea and made everyone fall over laughing. "Joe you can't post that! Seriously!", Nicole said even though the thought of it made her laugh.

"But Nicole it was too funny! He wiggled his eye brows and looked too cute!", Joe said making a puppy face. He and Kevin were both wearing their glasses which made it all he more cuter.

She sighed as she covered her face. "Fine, but we have to be careful they may take it the wrong way"

"Ok! I'll go get the tank and brief him you guys go get ready for the video", Joe said running to his parents room. Nick laughed as Kevin, he, and Nicole went into the hall with her camera.

------------------------------------
The video

Nick, Joe, and Kevin were in the hall playing a song from their new album with Frankie singing along with his brothers. Nicole soon walked by making all the boys look to her. She turned around and gasped walking back to the boys. "OH MY GOSH YOU ARE THE JONAS BROTHERS!",she screamed. They all nodded trying to look their best before she knelt in front of Frankie. "I LOVE you're little brother! He's SO cute!",she smiled as she looked down at Frankie with a flirty face. The boys were in view of the camera as they all groaned then turned back to their little brother to find he and Nicole almost all the way down the hall.

"Hey Frankie where you going?", Joe shouted down to the little boy holding the older woman's hand.

With a large smirk Frankie turned back to the camera. "You know..." He wiggled his eye brows "Places", then walked off with Nicole getting into an elevator. The camera turned back to the three boys as Nick looked to Kevin.

"Kev, wasn't that your girlfriend?", he asked. Kevin nodded looking defeated.

Joe looked to his brother and laughed before saying in a sing song voice. "Awkward"


--------------------------------------
Frankie, and Nicole walked out of the elevator and joined the boys. Paul Sr. Shook his head as he handed Nicole her camera for them all to watch. Soon they were all laughing their heads off at the video. "Alright we can post it...", Nicole said seeing Kevin laughing as he held her tightly to him.

-------------------------------------

Not even after two hours the video was being watched by all the Jonas fans getting laughs from everyone. Frankie had to go to bed before he could read one of the comments. 'Aw Frankie is the cute Jonas, Joe I still love you though'. It was getting late and Nicole had an early day again with setting up things for the play that weekend. "That was too fun guys, but I've gotta go to bed", she yawned before walking to the door. Kevin followed her to the door knowing they had a late interview and she had a early day. "I love you", she said before kissing him and running to her room to sleep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm only up when you're not down,
Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground,
It's like no matter what I do,
Well you drive me crazy half the time,
The other half I'm only trying to,
Let you know that what I feel is true,
And I'm only me when I'm with you...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was the night of the Romeo and Juliet play which was going smoothly. As they did the balcony scene Nicole blushed as she felt arms wrap around her. She shivered as Kevin softly recited the famous lines in her ear.

"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the East, and Juliet is the sun!",he whispered so not to disturb the performance before them. She had invited the boys to all come and watch the show, but only Kevin came. She understood that once you see this show once it's enough. Rick allowed Kevin backstage to watch the show which made her very happy.

They smiled watching the show, occasionally she would have to break from his embrace to help an actor with something. He just smiled leaning against the wall happy that she was doing what she loved.

------------------------------------

It was finally the day they would be heading out on tour again! Fans crowded the bus as it drove out of Chicago. "Next stop...Kentucky!",shouted the driver making everyone cheer.

Knowing this stop would take a few days to get to Kevin took Nicole's hand and took her to the back to watch a movie while everyone else was eating or doing their own thing. Grabbing a random movie Kevin put it in seeing it was The Notebook title screen pop up. He saw Nicole become uncomfortable as he pressed play. "You ok Sweetie?", he rubbed her back looking to her as the movie began. She just nodded closing her eyes shaking her head out of her thoughts.

Smiles spread across the two lovers faces they saw the famous 'it's still not over scene'. Kevin held her closer kissing her cheek and neck making her shiver so he continued. The two began kissing laying across the couch. "Kev, dad said that we-",Nick began walking to the back, but laughed causing the two to part. "Uh, sorry guys, uh we're stopping for food in a while...uh yeah back to your business", he said covering his face walking back to the front of the bus.

Soon the movie was at a part that seemed to upset Nicole. She pushed away from Kevin and ran to the bathroom to splash her face with water to hide her tears. "Honey?", he asked through the door knocking softly on the door. He slowly opened the door to find her leaning against the sink holding back tears. "Nic, what's wrong?" He held her close as she tried to hide back more tears.

She took Kevin's hand walking him to the back as the movie continued in front of them. "You know about my dad right?", He nodded. Her father had lost his memory years ago, but what brought this on. She looked down blinking back tears. "As much as I love this movie, it's just hard for me to watch. When you read the 'read this to me and I'll remember' I wish that I could do that with my dad. I hate to cry cause it makes me feel weak. But when I'm with you, I feel I can do anything...", she said looking down.

Lifting her chin so her soft brown eyes met his hazel ones as he wiped her falling tears. "You know you never have to worry about crying with me...I know you are strong. Haha who else can handle all this and still be as dorky as you", he chuckled brushing a hair behind her ear. She smiled as he held her close. He soon began to tickle her making her smile and run away to the front of the bus.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a small town boy and girl,
Living in a crazy world,
Trying to figure out what is and isn't true,
And I don't try to hide my tears,
My secrets or my deepest fears,
Through it all nobody gets me like you do...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When they finally arrived in Kentucky to a group of screaming fans. Joe laughed seeing all the ladies crowding the bus. "Looks like we have our pickings this time Nick", he laughed as he fixed his sunglasses. Nicole rolled her eyes as Joe rubbed his hands together.

"You're such a ladies man Joey",she giggled rubbing his head. Joe laughed fixing his hair as the boys all made their way off the bus. Nicole waited for the family to go ahead, but Kevin took her hand taking her with them and the other two Jonas boys off the bus.

He smiled kissing her hand before they got off hearing the shouts of the fans.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And you know everything about me,
You say that you can't live without me...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ready Kev! Here goes", shouted Joe as he pitched the whiffle ball. Kevin hit the ball just barely and began to run to the 'first base' which was an empty tub in the caged area. Nicole shook her head as she walked up to bat. Joe jumped to get the ball and caught it sending Kevin back. "HA two outs..."

Garbo stood on the sidelines as a sports announcer putting one hand to his ear and a hand holding a 'mic'. "Alright this is it everyone, it all comes down to this. If Nicole hits a home run, The Terrible Two team will lose for the first time in two grand years. No pressure for this young beauty, but this is for all the marbles for h-"

"Haha GARB! Haha come on let me have some silence", Nicole laughed. Holding up his hands in defeat as she got in position. Joe smirked from the 'pitchers mound' that was just simply Joe's sneaker. He lifted his socked foot in the air before throwing the ball. She swung, but the ball went past.

"Strike one",Nick shouted from his position in the field. Joe pitched again and-. "Strike TWO! Joe we might still be undefeated!" Joe threw it one more time. Crack!

Everyone looked up as the ball flew. "RUN!", Garbo yelled. Nicole ran hard and fast almost tripping over the tub that was first place. "GO GIRL GO!"

Joe and his team which consisted of Nick, Jim, and three of their original traveling crew ran trying to catch the ball. "WHO'S TEAM ARE YOU ON GARB?", He yelled as he kept running for the fallen ball. Nicole groaned as she slipped on the make shift second plate, that was a paper plate. She looked to see the team still trying to get the ball making her get up running to third. Just as she touched the road cone for third Joe grabbed the ball from the grass running for Nicole.

The two were close Joe jumped to try and cut her off as she slid down. Dust covered the two as everyone ran to try and see who won. Nicole and Joe began to laugh as the dust cleared and there they were Joe lay beside Nicole as she lay dusty on the plate. "SAFE The Living Lovers WIN!", Garbo said holding up her arm as the victor. Soon she was lifted in the air and kissed deeply as the other team just laughed.

"You only won cause you're a girl!", Nick said with a laugh before patting his brother's back. "Come on bro, we gotta go get ready"

The eldest Jonas laughed kissing her a few more times before setting her down to go get dressed for the show. "Great game girly", said Jim to his opposing team mate. She blushed and smiled nodding. After cleaning the 'field' they both made their way to the venue to go finish setting up for the show.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm only up when you're not down,
Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground,
It's like no matter what I do, and
Well you drive me crazy half the time,
The other half I'm only trying to,
Let you know that what I feel is true,
And I'm only me when I'm with you...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The tour was slowly coming to an end. The past two months went faster then anyone expected. '...It's because we had a great crew, and wonderful people helping us', Paul Sr. toasted at the dinner that night since tonight was their final show. Jim and Nicole stood backstage as the boys played another song. She found herself dancing silly with Jim . "This is our final show for the tour, but we wanna make this fun...now I think if you all are really cool I think we can get a special guest here on stage...", Joe shouted to the crowd. Jim and Nicole looked to each other shrugging and laughing at the Joe's antics, not knowing who he was talking about.

Nick smiled as he put on his guitar for the next song. "NiiiCOLE!", he said in a sing song voice. "Niicole come out come out where ever you are!" Nicole looked to Jim and stopped laughing. Her friend just smirked pushing her on stage as she walked on stage. "Haha, Nicole here is one of our stage crew, and their is a song that she really loves us to perform. The funny thing is, she has a dance to it the Joe TO THIS DAY still can't do" all the girls 'aww'ed feeling bad that their favorite Jonas was having troubles. Nicole shook her head in embarrassment 'I'm not gonna do that dance!'

Nick pulled her more in front making her blush more. "Let's hear it for her!", he smirked. Kevin and Nick began to play the song and sing as Nicole did a silly dance.

"Hold up",Kevin knew better then to let her play around as he stopped the band. He ran over to her making all the girls scream as he whispered in her ear. "Come on Nicole do it, they'll love it", he smiled kissing her cheek before running back to his mic. "Let's start again?" they all nodded as he did a quick riff starting Nicole's movements.

They all smiled as she spun on her head, did high kicks, and the 'heart beat' move. Joe tried to mimic her movements, but had troubles so he just sang as she danced. The fans cheered even as she did the dance. Soon the song got hard and she stood doing the 'rock walk' down the run way with the boys singing. "HOLD ON TIGHT!, IT'S A ROLLER COASTER RIDE!", the fans screamed along with her as they rocked out to the song. When she was with Kevin she forgot all about being this girl everyone wanted to see Kevin with, and was just herself. She smiled as she looked to the eldest Jonas who had bright happy eyes. "SAY GOODBYE CAUSE WE WON'T BE BACK AGAIN!" She loved him for being his silly, but serious self, and he loved her for keeping him grounded. "UP AND DOWN YOU'RE ALL AROUND!" the four jumped up and down. "SAY GOODNIGHT!" Shaking their heads and bodies "ANNNND GOOD BYEYE!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I'm with anybody else,
It's so hard to be myself,
And only you can tell...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being in California Nicole finally was comfortable calling it home. She found her place working on the sets of different shows. Every night she'd come home to the Jonas family. Some days they would be working on the new album, others they would just be having fun. They would soon be on tour again which made them all excited. "Are going with us Nicole?", Frankie asked eating his cereal one morning.

Biting her lip Nicole shook her head, Kevin lay his hand on Nicole's lightly squeezing it. "Not this time Tank, I got work here and besides, you guys have enough crew this year that I don't need to tag along this summer", she smiled drinking her coffee.

"Are you two breaking up again?", he asked holding the full spoon against his lips. Softly smirking she chuckled and shook her head. 'Nope'

-------------------------------------

The boys left on tour two weeks ago leaving her, and The Chief Birthing Officer behind to just relax. They would have coffee, chat, and even go shopping when Nicole wasn't working. It made the young woman happy to have a second mom. Kevin and all the Jonas men called when they could which was at least once a day. Just two more months right?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That I'm only up when you're not down,
Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground,
It's like no matter what I do,
Well you drive me crazy half the time,
The other half I'm only trying to,
Let you know that what I feel is true,
And I'm only me,
Who I wanna be,
Well I'm only me when I'm with you,
With you,
Oh,oh, oh, yeah...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

It's never a dull moment with these guys is there? Hehe, alright, 3 more chapters left.

Preview: Kevin is coming back from the tour...