Status: In need of feedback.

Love

The First Date, part 1

Princess Lola and prince Louis had finally set a date to meet up and get to know each other better: Friday, June 28th, 2013. Lola had been anxiously awaiting another letter from her prince to discuss the further details of the time they were to spend together.

Lola is anxiously awaiting Louis’ call, Wednesday Lola agreed to go on a date with him and they both agreed that Friday would be a good day and Louis promised to call her on Friday to arrange everything for the date since they were both too busy on Thursday.

Lola was busy with school and Louis was busy ‘arranging some business’ as he put it.

“And you say I’m addicted to my phone…” Emily laughs as she watches as Lola checks her phone for what seems the hundredth time today.

Lola smiles shyly at her friend as she pulls her shoulders up into a shrug. “I’m just waiting on a call.” Lola replies. It’s another rainy day in London, even though summer just started. “What time do you have class? I hope for your sake the weather clears up…” She mumbles.

Emily sighs dramatically before letting out a quiet laugh. “In about an hour, so I should get going soon… wanna have some drinks tonight, babe?” Emily asks as she gets up to grab her bag from the floor.

“I can’t tonight, meeting up with L.” Lola apologises to her friend who now has a questioning look on her face.

“Who the fuck is Elle? Didn’t know you had friends I didn’t know… tell her I said hi then, I guess.” Emily laughs, the fact that she didn’t realise Lola meant ‘L’ instead of ‘Elle’ earns her a laugh from Lola as well. “See ya.”

At around eleven in the morning, a silent knock came from the door. “Come in.” Princess Lola spoke after which her maid quickly popped her head in the room.

“Princess Lola, I have a letter for you from prince Louis.”


A smile appears on Lola’s lips when her phone starts buzzing and the name ‘Louis Tomlinson’ flashes on the screen. She quickly slides her finger across the screen before putting the phone to her ear. “Talk to me, Louis.” She says as the smile on her face widens as the sound of a small chuckle enters her ear.

“Hey Lola. So about tonight…” He starts, his voice sounds uneasy and nervous. “Are you still up for tonight?” He then asks, earning a laugh from Lola.

“I am. You wanted to watch a movie, right?” Lola replies while fidgeting with the loose ends of her pyjama shirt.

Louis coughs slightly before answering Lola. “Yeah. I would really love to… I could come to your place if you’d like? I’ll bring some food.” Louis offers causing Lola to pull up one of her eyebrows and mutter a distracted ‘mhm’ into her phone. “We can’t do it at my place… because… um…” He mumbles nervously, searching his brain for a valid excuse.

“I understand.” Lola replies quickly before Louis get the chance to come up with some half-assed excuse. “We can’t do my place either… I live with my parents and younger sister… and she’s a fan of yours.” This earns a nervous cough from Louis before she hears the phone shuffle around.

“Oh… um… you know?” He questions, the surprise evident in his voice, which earns a laugh from Lola.

“Yes, that’s the first thing my friend told me… to be precise she called you ‘a One Direction fag’. But, hey, I don’t plan on judging you for it.” Lola adds quickly, she doesn’t want to scare him off now.

Her reply earns her a laugh from Louis who then seems to relax more into the conversation. “Well, if you’re being honest I guess I should be too. I don’t like giving my address out to people I don’t know too well… for obvious reasons. I hope you und-“

But before Louis can even finish his sentence Lola already butts in to tell him she does indeed understand where he’s coming from. “But I guess you also understand why I wouldn’t want to bring you into a situation where you may be kept hostage by my younger sister.” Lola replies before sucking down on her bottom lip. At the rate that this is going, they might as well cancel the date because Lola doubts they’ll find a solution that works for the both of them.

“How about a hotel?” Louis offers earning a loud laugh from Lola.

“Yer kidding me, right? A hotel? Yeah, that’s not dodgy at all… definitely won’t get the paps on yer ass about a weird ass meeting in a hotel.” Lola laughs to which Louis quickly joins in.

“Okay, okay… bad idea. How about… I come pick you up, and… shit I’ve got to go. I have a meeting. I’ll text you, okay?” And, once again, before Lola gets the chance to mutter anything back the conversation has been ended.

“You really have to stop doing that!” She mutters at her phone before throwing it on the couch as a big sigh escapes her lips. She was so excited to go on a date, since it’s something she’s never done before – Lola is usually the type of girl that just gets into relationships with really good friends, people she knows well enough so that dates are unnecessary. The idea of a ‘date’ makes Lola feel extremely awkward about the situation; she’s afraid she’d ruin the ‘date’ or that she’d do something to make it all awkward.

Princess Lola and prince Louis just couldn’t agree on where they were going to meet up for their first date. They both wanted it to be incredibly special and something the other would never be able to forget. The prince and the princess were so focused on making it unforgettable that they almost forgot about each other…

“It’s dinner time, Lola!” Quinn says as she pushes Lola’s door open, the younger girl rolls her eyes at her older sibling who simply shrugs in response.

“Not hungry, kid.” Lola replies dryly before taking another look at her phone. She still hasn’t heard back from Louis, so whether their date is still on for tonight is a big question mark to Lola. She’s contemplated on sending him a text to ask about it but felt too proud to take the first step, she’s contemplated ‘accidentally’ pocket dialling him but felt that was too immature.

A sigh falls from Lola’s lips when she finally caves in and grabs a hold of her phone. As she slides her finger over the screen to unlock it, her mobile starts buzzing in the palm of her hand. A small smile appears on her lips as she looks at an incoming text from Louis. Sorry for not getting back to you any sooner… they kept me busy all day. We still on for tonight?

Lola shortly entertains the idea of making Louis prove how badly he wants to go on a date with her, but quickly decides against that idea and to just cave in. I hope so! I was afraid I wouldn’t hear from you again… So what did you have in mind?

Lola quickly gets up off the bed to check her hair in the mirror. When her mobile buzzes again, she jumps on the bed to reach for it with a wide smile on her face. Where should I pick you up? I’ll take you somewhere special and private for a casual night out. Might bring a beer or two instead of a movie ;)

When the clock hit its eight hour, the princess anxiously awaited her prince’s carriage. Princess Lola made sure her long dress made her look her absolute best for prince Louis.

“He said casual…” Lola mumbles as she looks down at her own outfit. She settled with a pair of Marvel inspired Vans, rolled up skinny jeans to show off her ankles and a grey tank top with a small pocket on her left boob. To cover herself against the cold, London night she’s also carrying a jeans jacket and a big, black scarf in the tote bag she brought.

A black car with dark tinted windows comes to a halt in front of her, after which a brunette male quickly gets out of the car and launches towards her with big steps. Once in front of her he smiles. “Brown haired, red lipped…” He chuckles, earning a toothy smile from Lola.

Louis then quickly grabs her hand. “Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable…” Louis mumbles but holds onto her hand anyway as he steps back over to his car. He opens the door and holds it that way until Lola has settled in the seat. He then carefully pushes it shut.

“It’s nice to officially, somewhat meet you…” She mumbles shyly as Louis starts up the car. Lola is always shy around new people but it seems worse now that she’s gotten to know someone in such an unusual manner.

“Definitely nice to meet you too, Lola… you look beautiful, if I may say so.” Louis says as he shoots her a quick smile before concentrating on the road again. Louis softly whispers along to the song on the radio but Lola’s eyes are far too focused on the movements of his hands to even recognise whichever song is currently playing.

Lola watches the way his hands slide over the steering wheel when he takes a turn, the loose grip he has on the lower side of the steering wheel when the road is straight and the way he sometimes pulls on his shift stick as if he’s playing Grand Theft Auto.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Recommendations?
I like them together, and Louis is a gentleman... that's always a plus.

'xoxo