Status: In need of feedback.

Love

The First Date, part 2

“Where are you taking me?” Lola asks after nervously sitting in Louis’ car for about forty-five minutes. Louis chuckles softly before taking a left turn and driving his car onto an empty lot.

“This is a place that me and the lads come… we make a campfire and just chill.” Louis answers as he carefully parks the car in between the white lines. “So I figured it’d be a nice place to take you… and also the only option if I wanted to see you again.” He then says with a small smile on his face before stepping out of the car.

Lola quickly steps out too when Louis reaches the trunk of the car and opens it up. “I brought two blankets, an extra hoodie in case you’d get cold, two comfortable camping chairs and a six-pack of beer…” Louis says as he rumbles around in the trunk. “Oh! And a flashlight and matches of course.” He says with a proud smile spread across his lips.

The prince and the princess sat across one another, both enjoying the candle lit dinner that had been set up for them. They didn’t need much words to know that they were both having an amazing time, so instead the prince and the princess simply smiled at one another.

Louis had led Lola to an open place in the woods, about a half an hour walk from where he parked his car. “Would you think I was lame if I said I might be, possibly, maybe, a tad bit uncomfortable here in the woods?” Lola mumbles carefully, earning a light chuckle from Louis.

Lola jumps up when she feels a warm hand against hers but quickly relaxes once she realises it’s just Louis’. He carefully wraps his fingers around the palm of her hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. “I’ll protect you, Lola. I just realised I didn’t bring anything to kill the fire, so there goes my romantic idea of sitting by the campfire and getting to know each other… we’ll have to sit by a flashlight and get to know each other.” Louis laughs while guiltily scratching the back of his neck, Lola joins in on the laughing and carefully rubs over Louis’ arm with her free hand.

“It’s alright… it’ll be just as romantic.” Lola says with a blush creeping onto her cheeks. “Now let’s get set up?” Lola smiles before Louis reaches into his bag to pull out a big blanket. They each take two corners and spread the blanket out on the grass.

“Good thing it’s not too dark yet… I can still see your face without needing a flashlight.” Louis chuckles as he shoves the flashlight back in his bag and pulls out the six-pack of beer. “Did you want one?” Lola nods in response and holds her hand out as Louis pulls two cans from the plastic wrapper.

●●●


Lola laughs loudly as she rests her back on the blanket with her knees pulled up. She looks up at the dark night sky but quickly becomes distracted by Louis who is sitting cross-legged, Indian style next to her. “What’s one thing you dislike?” Louis questions, carefully rubbing over Lola’s knee before taking another sip from his beer.

Lola admires Louis’ features that are being outlined by the white light shining from the moon. “Getting out of the shower.” She then giggles, earning a laugh from Louis as well. “It’s just aways so cold… and I like being warm, that’s why I take really long showers.” Louis then quickly moves away from her to pull the second blanket and his sweater out of the bag he brought.

“Did you want another blanket then? Or my hoodie? Or maybe another beer? Just trying to keep you warm, y’know.” He offers, earning a laugh from Lola who quickly sits up to reach over and grab his hoodie.

“I’d like another beer, yes.” Lola replies as she slides her arms into the bigger ones of Louis’ black hoodie. She then grabs the beer from Louis and opens the can quickly before taking a big gulp. “I’ve never been on a date… but I really like this one.” Lola laughs shyly.

“What? You’ve never been on a date?” Louis’ shocked reaction causes all of Lola’s body heat to find its way to her now rosy cheeks. “I’m glad I get to be your first.” He then whispers, his hot breath bounces against Lola’s cheeks and the smell of beer on his breath slowly enters her nostrils. She then slowly looks up at Louis, their noses brush for a split second before he backs away and lies down on his back. “Lay with me?”

Lola slowly lies down, her neck resting on top of Louis’ arm, which he then quickly wraps around her shoulder. His warm breath bounces against her cold skin shortly before he presses his lips against her forehead. “I hope you don’t mind that I just did that…” He whispers, trying not to disturb the peaceful silence that has settled between them.

“I don’t.” Lola mumbles, nestling her head into Louis’ shoulder. “This is a lot more comfortable than I would’ve expected.” She whispers as she carefully reaches for the hem of Louis’ shirt, Lola carefully grabs the fabric in between her fingers and straightens it out before chuckling lightly.

“You’re so easily entertained… I think it’s adorable.” Louis chuckles as he pushes a strand of hair out of Lola’s face, as he makes the gesture she looks up at him with a small smile spread across her lips. “More random questions…” Louis then says, breaking the silence that has settled between the two of them. “What’s one weird thing that you’re attracted to… or that turns you on? And if you say something creepy like the Eiffel tower, now, I will leave you here in the woods…” Louis laughs, earning a loud laugh from Lola as well.

Lola pulls away from Louis’ embrace to sit up and run a hand through her fringe. “Hm… I guess… I’m always very attracted to men who wear Fred Perry. I don’t know why, I really like their clothes on men. It’s so sexy.” Lola giggles, before looking at Louis with a questioning look. “Now, it’s time for you to answer that question!” She giggles, earning a soft groan from him.

“I was really hoping you would’ve said something a bit more weird… because well… girls who eat carrots sort of turn me on…” He mumbles shyly, earning a loud laugh from Lola who quickly lies back down next to Louis. Instead of resting on her back she now rests on her side and keeps herself balanced with one hand on Louis’ chest.

Holding back laughter she says: “What a kinky fetish.” When she bursts out in laughter, Lola quickly hides her face in Louis’ neck, Louis then starts tickling her as he groans in a playful manner before joining in on the laughter.

The prince and the princess spent an amazing time together that night but unfortunately when the clock struck midnight, it was time for prince Louis to return princess Lola to her castle.

The ride back home is a lot less quiet as Louis and Lola are both shamelessly singing along to each hit song on the radio. “I’m sorry for sounding like a dying cat when I’m singing…” Lola laughs, hiding her face in her hands as she does so.

“It’s fine. At least you’ve never done such a thing in front of an audience… I sometimes murder one of our songs on stage in front of thousands of people, now that is something to be embarrassed about!” Louis chirps earning a laugh from Lola who then joins in on the chorus of a Taylor Swift song.

When the song comes to an end, Louis reaches over to turn down the radio as he comes to a halt before a red light. “What’s your favourite song at the moment?” He then asks as he faces Lola, who’s clearly taken by surprise by the question.

“I guess… right now… that’d be Careless Whisper by George Michael, which would also be my guilty pleasure. It’s just that one song that I have on repeat a lot lately, or Chariot by Gavin DeGraw. Yours?” She says smiling at the brunette in the seat next to her.

Louis laughs at her first choice then becomes quiet as he thinks of his own choice. “Right now my preference goes to Twenty Four Hours by Joy Division.” Lola gasps in response to his song choice, nearly jumping in her seat as she does so.

“Oh! I love that song, so much! So this is permanence, love’s shattered pride!” She starts singing as Louis puts the car in first gear, as the lights turn green.

What once was innocence turned on its side. A cloud hangs over me, marks every move. Deep in the memory of what once was love.” He continues singing, earning a small smile from Lola.

“Keep going…” Lola mumbles as Louis’ singing stops, which earns a light chuckle from Louis before he coughs.

Oh, how I realized how I wanted time, put into perspective, tried so hard to find. Just for one moment, thought I’d found my way – destiny unfolded, I watched it slip away…” He sings and then looks at Lola. “Sing with me… I forgot the words!” He mumbles before a light chuckle escapes him, waiting for Lola to continue.

Excessive flashpoints, beyond all reach.” The two then continue together, both smiling widely at such a sad song. “Solitary demands for all I’d like to keep. Let’s take a ride out, see what we can find. A valueless collection of hopes and past desires.

I never realized the lengths I’d have to go. All the darkest corners of sense I didn’t know. Just for one moment, I heard somebody call – looked beyond the day in hand, there’s nothing there at all.” Lola continues after Louis has stopped singing, the smile still lingering on both of their faces.

“So do I get to drop you off at your house this time? Or should I just let you off at the busstop again?” Louis chuckles, earning an innocent smile from Lola.

“If I don’t get your address, what makes you think you could get mine?” She says with a teasing smile playing on her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really hoping to get some reactions out of you guys with this one... anyway, thanks for reading!

Recommend, comment and subscribe?
I'll respond to every comment with a Louis gif! How about that? Maybe that'll get some people commenting, haha.

PS: Go check out Esther (MissSpitfire)'s new One Direction-daddy series. First in the series is Louis' story: Everything I Didn't Say

'xoxo