Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 13 - The Old Friend

For the third day this week, Rachel worked on the site again. She was, once again, sticky, sweaty and tired. After she got home, all she had was an hour to get ready to finally meet Ashley again. The two friends were finally meeting again after about two years of not seeing each other in person.

The hour went by quickly. In no time at all, she parked her car in front of a family friendly restaurant. She hurried her kids to get out of the car. She was sure they would love who they are going to meet.

"Mom, are we eating here? I'm hungry!" Oscar said as he rub his tummy.

"Yes, honey. We are eating here with a secret person." She smiled. She was excited for the kids to meet their godmother again.

"Who is it? Is it Dad!?" Alice exclaimed. She felt like they always too excited to see him. They adored him.

"No honey. Someone else. Besides, didn't you just see your Dad yesterday?"

"Yes. We want to see him again!"

"Alice, honey, your Dad is a very busy man. He can't just miss work. He'll see you soon. ok? But you'll like this person today."

They headed inside. There, they finally met Ashley. "Ashley!" shouted Rachel.

"Rachel!" Ashley returned the energy. They hugged each other.

"I missed you! How is everything going?

"I missed you too! It's all good. what about you and the kids?" Ashley turned to the children. "Do you remember me?"

"Who are you?"said Oscar.

"You don't remember me?! Wow! I'm your godmother!"

"Alice, she's the lady that talks on the phone. Remember her?" Rachel tried to remind them.

"I remember you! The nice lady on the phone!" exclaimed Alice.

"Yes. That's me!"

The two ladies continued to catch up on things while the kids ravish their sundaes, not seemed to be interested with the adult talking. Ashley had finished biology and had since worked at a local lab. They had keep on talking about Ashley's life since they last met. They talked about how Ashley was ogling at the hot scientists that worked at the lab.

"Think about it though. They are hot, successful and obviously rich!" Ashley was trying to convince that scientists would be the perfect boyfriend.

"Come on, Ash. Is that really what you're looking for? Just looks and money?"

"I mean, I wouldn't complain."

"But those are not the only things that you're looking gor, right?"

"Hmmpp... I don't know. Maybe? Anyway, there is a single scientist there. You wanna meet him?"

"Oh My Gosh! Ashley! You're actually trying to set me up with someone!?" Now that Viktor was back and the kids were looking up to him, it would not be a good idea to be with someone else. Viktor had actually stirred up some emotions inside her as well. Not to mention, Viktor would not let any man to make a play on her.

"Yes. What's wrong with it? Well, anyway, enough about me... what about you? How's work?Have you met him yet?" Ashley knew that Rachel was working for Viktor.

"Work is fine. I enjoy it. And to your second question, I actually wanted to talk to you about it."

"Go on."

"Viktor found out about them."

"What!? Not only did you met him in person, he learned about the kids too? Why did you only tell me now?!"

"Well yeah, he actually interviewed me. Somehow, with his money, he found out about them. They met last week. The kids also met his family. Yeah..."

"Oh my God. So what are you going to do now?"

"Actually, it didn't go as bad as I we thought it would. He was mad at first for leaving and for keeping them a secret. But then we talked and it's a little better now."

"What is he going to do? Is he going to like.. take them.. or something?"

"Viktor hasn't told me yet. He's actually still deciding on what to do. All I could do is hope for the best."

"Mom! I heard Dad's name. Is he coming?" It was Oscar.

"You've actually met your Dad?" asked Ashley.

"Yes. He's awesome and he has horses."

"Rachel, not only they met Viktor, he also thinks he's awesome. "

"I know. I guess the most important thing is that they are happy."

They talked some some about everything. They actually acted like young college girls again. They enjoyed being immature again, laughing at about every silly little thing they could think. Ashley and Rachel promised to each other that since Rachel is near again, they could be close again. Actually, Rachel left out the fact that she slept with Viktor again sinc emeeting him.

By 8, they had said their goodbyes and Rachel and the kids went home. Outside their door thir, there was a man. She was scared for a second before realizing it was Viktor. What is he doing here? Before she knew it, the kids s

"Where have you been, Rachel?"

"What are you doing here?"

"I was planning on taking the kids for dinner. I called you and texted you a lot of times. You weren't replying. I thought something bad happened to you.... and the kids.

She checked her phone. Sure enough, there were numerous missed calls and texts from him. "We had dinner with Ashley."

"You mean... that Ashley? Your best friend?"

"Yes. By the way, are you planning and just showing up here and take them? You've gotta tell me in advance if you're going out with them and I mean., not minutes before, I mean days in advance."

"Sorry, I forgot. I've been busy this past few days. Well, I came here to tell you something too. I want to buy them toys tomorrow. I wanna give them shopping spree. I can buy everything they want."

"That is not necessary. They have enough toys already." She does not want her kids to be spoiled.

Viktor knew she was going to say no. He had a back up plan though. He lowered himself so he was the kids' eye level. He turned to them. "Oscar, Alice, how would you like to have a shopping spree tomorrow?"

"What's that Daddy?"

"Oh it means you can buy as many toys as you want."

"Really!? Yes I want that!" The kids were both happy.

Well, now, Rachel could not say no. Viktor knew how to play his cards. "Viktor, I still don't see how I need to be there though. If you need help carrying stuff, don't you have someone to do that for you?"

"You really think I'm spoiled, do you? I need you there because I don't know their preferences. I don't know what you allow and don't allow for them." Rachel was actually guilty that she had judged him too early.

"Ok, fine. When is it again?"

"Tomorrow. I don't know the exact time. But we'll go after my morning appointments. I've talked to your supervisor. You're working in the office tomorrow and you're cleared and can go any time."

"What about Oscar and Alice?"

"Take them with you to the office tomorrow."

"Ok, see you then. If you don't mind, it was a long day. We'd like to get rest."

"Good night." Viktor kissed his kids on the forehead then gave Rachel a quick kiss on the lips which earned another giggle from the kids.

"Oh my! You have kids!?" Sherry was ecstatic knowing that Rachel had kids. Actually everyone is the office were. She had not told anyone about her kids. She had also never put pictures of them in her desk. Whether they cared or not, her office mates were surprised.

"Yes. I do."

"They're so cute!" She pinched both Alice's and Oscar's cheeks with her two hands. Rachel could tell Sherry had soft spot for kids. "And why did you not tell me?"

"I don't have to tell you anything. Besides, personal lives should not be a topic at work."

"But still, it would be nice to know. Wait a minute. Somehow, they looked familiar. I could see that they looks a bit like you and they also looked like someone else." Is it possible that Sherry could actually see the resemblance between them and Viktor?

Sherry continued to talk. "By the way, I thought you were single? You never said you married... or were you just a single mom?"

"Seriously, let's not talk about this."

"I think we do.... I'm your very best friend here." Sherry said as if she was a thirteen year old. "I've told you everything about me. You owe me this information." It was true. Sherry and Rachel were very close but she does not owe her any explanation.

"I think I could see a bit of Mr. Spiel-"

Sherry was interrupted by a knock on the door, then Viktor peeked. "You guys ready?" The kids saw him and ran to him calling him "Daddy." Sherry's eyes popped, her jaws were on the ground. All she could say was "I knew it!"

"Hang on Viktor, I'll just grab their stuff."

Sherry was speechless still. Before the kids and Rachel head out the door, she finally said, "I knew it Rachel! We're definitely going to talk about this tomorrow!"

She was sure Sherry and some other workers would bug her about her relationship with Viktor. What would they think of her? She just hoped they would not think of her of a slut who sleeps with the boss. She really was not. Oscar and Alice was conceived when they were still in college, not when she was working for him.

They decided to go to a nearby toy store. It was really big and contains every toy imaginable to little children. It a heaven for Alice and Oscar. They headed to every isle while the kids grabbed whatever interested their little minds. Throughout the trip, Viktor would see families who had kids and married parents. He was actually quite envious.

He wanted his relationship with Rachel to be real. He was now considering marriage. Damn. He'd never consider marriage before. Rachel was the only one who could and might change his mind about that. Could he really build a life with Rachel? He asked himself that years ago. He still did not know the answer.

They finished their shopping and finally head to the counter. The lady noticed that Viktor and Rachel had a big purchase.

"Hello. Would you and your wife want to consider opening a tab for future trips here? There's also discounts and other advantages as well." The lady asked eagerly. If she made this, she would have reached her quota for new tabs.

"Uhh no we're not mar-...." Viktor was trying to say they were not married. However, her liked the sound of Rachel being his wife. He decided to play along. "Uh, yes, my wife and I would like to open a tab."

Rachel shot him daggers. She obviously did not like it. It doesn't matter now, the more he thought about it, the better it sounded in his head.

After the transaction, Rachel turned to him."What was that!?"

"Relax, I just didn't correct her. Hey, don't blame me. She just assumed we're married. I did not say anything."

He could see she was still agitated at him. He just smirked at her.

"Hey kids! What would you like to eat for lunch today?"

"We want chicken and ice cream!"

"Chicken and ice cream it is, then!"

He took them to high class restaurant. Rachel and the kids preferred amore causal restaurant but he refused. After all, his kids might be the next heir to his billions, they might as well get used to this kind of stuff now.

Viktor realized he enjoyed the day. He could get used to being a Dad to the kids and a Husband to Rachel. What was he thinking?