Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 14 - The Cry

"Rachel Harper... or should I say Rachel Spielberg, you need to tell me everything. Everything. Yesterday was totally crazy! I did not see that one coming. Tell me!" It was only morning and Sherry was already bugging her. Might as well tell her now because Rachel knew sherry would not stop unless she tell her something.

"I don't owe you any thing, Sherry. Just go to work. And please don't ever call me that. I'll never ever marry him." although she had to admit, it did sound good in her ear. What was she thinking?

"You don't owe me anything but you'll still tell me, right?"

"Fine. What do you want to know?"

"Well, did you and the boss man have a thing?"

"We did back in college. It wasn't that serious though." She was not gonna tell Sherry that she was just a fling. She gotta revise her story a bit.

"For how long?"

"About a year, I think." It was still a mystery to Rachel how her life amuses Sherry.

"Is that when little Oscar and Alice was conceived?"

"Yes."

"Ok. Why the heck did you not tell anyone about the babies?"

"First, it was really no one's business. Second, as I said yesterday, I don't think its a good topic in the office. With that, let's just stop this conversation right now." She never ever tell her the other information like how she kept the children away from Viktor and her moving to Milwaukee.

Sherry did not show any sings of stopping. "I've always feel it. You and boss man had something different when you look at each other."

"Ok, Sherry. It's really none of your business."

"Sorry, Rachel. I just have this really have bad habit of match making. I'm really sorry."

"It's fine, just drop it now."

"I'll drop the topic now... one last thing though. Do you know how much success I had on match making?"

"What do you mean?" Rachel was intrigued by what Sherry said.

"You know, since high school, I paired up 17 couples. Guess how many of them actually had a relationship.... 17. Yes Rachel, I'm 17 out of 17. You and Mr. Spielberg were the 18th."

"You are officially on my 'crazy people list', Sherry."

Weeks has passed. Viktor would usually take the afternoon or a whole day off and take the kids somewhere. They went to all sorts of place. They went to an amusement park, the mall, he even gave them a tour of the company building. He was happy being a father. Now, he wanted to be a husband too.

One day, Viktor took the kids with him in the office. He wanted to show them what he's doing at work. His plan was basically just to make them watch him make phone calls and do some thing in his computer.

His planned back fired big time. He had not anticipated that what he is doing at the office might be boring for a bunch of three year olds. He had never thought about it before since he enjoyed what he is doing very much. He enjoyed running his engineering company.

"Dad, I'm bored." Oscar complained.

"Here, play something in my phone."

"But you never get good games!" He was right. Viktor never bothered to put apps on his phone.

"Dad I'm hungry!" now it was Alice's turn to complain.

"We'll get you something to eat honey." Crap. Did he forgot to feed them? "Oscar! Don't touch that vase! You could get hurt!"

"But I'm bored!"

"Don't touch that. Play with something else!"

Oscar didn't stop."Damn it Oscar! Won't you just listen to me for once! Get your damn hands off the freaking vase you could get yourself hurt!" He could tell his looks were frightening because his son looked so scared. He felt like killing himself at that moment. Although he enjoyed his job, it could be very demanding and could put him into a lot of stress. That stress, in turn, had caused him to do some stupid things just like what he had just done to his son.

Oscar started crying right then. Not just a quiet cry with a modest amount of tears, it was a full blown cry with waling.

He quickly went by his side. "Shh.. shhh.. stop now." His tries on comforting him and making Oscar was a big failure. Oscar was nowhere near stopping. What had he done?

"Daddy, why did you make him cry?"

"I didn't.... not on purpose. Now come here to Daddy and help me make him stop."

Alice didn't flinch. She actually even stepped back. What had he done? He just scared his daughter and son. Now, he was actually contemplating whether he would be a good father.

"Why won't you come to me, Alice?" Viktor said as he rubbed Oscar's back. That was his attempt of comforting him.

"You're mean to him. You're mean!"

"I'm not. I just... shouted." He has never been good with little kids before. He thought he was getting better, apparently not.

"I want Mommy! I'm going to Mommy!" Alice tried to run. Alice knew that her Mom works in the same building. She does not know where exactly though. However, Viktor could not just let his daughter roam the building. She would get lost.

"Alice! Alice! I'll call Mommy. Don't run! She'll come here."

Viktor grabbed the phone and head to guard the door to make sure his kids won't go through. He dialed Rachel's number.

"Hello."

"Hi, Rachel. It's me, Viktor."

"Hi, Viktor..."

"I'm in my office right now... with the kids."

"You didn't tell me you're taking them here today."

"Well yeah, it was just kind of a last minute thing. I need you to come here, please. Hurry up."

"Why? What's the matter."

"Just please come here right now!"

In no time at all, Rachel knocked on his door. She was working in the office more these days since the whether was cooling down and winter is coming.

He could tell she rushed there because she was breathless. Whilst waiting for her, Viktor just tried to comfort his children, to no avail. Who knew taking care of two children could be this... hard?

"What's the matter, Viktor!?"

He stepped aside and that gave her answer. Oscar was crying and Alice was at the other side of the room pouting. The moment Oscar saw his Mom, he ran to her. Alice saw her too and did the same.

"Mom!"

"Oh honey, what happened?" She hugged her children. The only answer that she got was a loud cry.

"Viktor! What happened? Why is he crying? Did he do something? Did YOU do something?" Rachel was furious.

"Rachel, I didn't mean to do it, I swear..."

"What. Did. You. Do!?"

Alice decided to answer for him. " He yelled at Oscar and he was being really mean."

"Why did you yell at him?"

"He might get himself hurt. I was just trying to make him stop. I swear. Believe me."

"We'll talk later. I'll take them with me." Because of his Mom's presence, Oscar stopped crying now. She took Alice and Oscar and left the room.

Several hours later, Rachel heard a knock on the door.. She was expecting it to be Viktor. She was right.

"How are they?"

"They're good. They've calmed down, especially Oscar."

"I'm sorry Rachel. I really am. I didn't mean to yell at him and make him cry."

"It's ok. I mean, you did that for his safety, right?"

"Yes. He was playing with the vase and it could fall to him. It was bigger than him, I just had to make him stop."

"Actually, you handled it pretty good."

"Really?"

"Yes. It's normal for kids to do that, you know. Tantrums are normal. You decided to call me instead of having your pride and fixing the tantrum all by your self and possibly do something stupid. I think you chose the right thing to do." Rachel explained to him. Viktor was now feeling better.

"I thought you'd be mad."

"I was mad when I saw him crying because I thought something big happened but then they told me what happened. It was not a big deal. Seriously, I think they just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or they are really bored."

"Yeah, I think they're pretty bored and hungry.."

"Yeah I fed them already so that should be good now. One thing though, whatever gave you the idea that it would be fun fro them to be on your office for the whole day?"

"I thought they would be interested with my work..."

"They're three! What would they know about engineering?!"

"I don't know." Now that he's given a thought about it, he realized it was really a stupid idea.

"You did not even bring toys for them to play with?"

"I forgot. I'm really sorry. Can I talk to them?"

"Sure, come in."

He entered and the kids immediately saw him. "Oscar, sorry I yelled at you. Come here?" He hoped his attempt of making himself look friendly was successful.

Fortunately for him, Oscar obeyed him. "It's ok, Daddy. I'm sorry I was being naughty."

"Rachel, did you explain it to them?" Viktor turned to Rachel.

"Yes. I explained that you only did it for their own good and that you did not mean it and that you love them."

"Thank you, Rachel. I appreciate it."

Viktor continued to hug his son and his daughter. It seemed to be fine now. Viktor really wondered, would he be a good father? He realized he really love his children and he will try his best to be the best Dad he could ever be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realized there have been some few grammatical errors. If you would please kindly point them out to me, I will gladly change them. Thanks!