Status: In Progress

Something Like Fate

Confrontations

Luciana's P.O.V.
Dinner was...interesting to say the least. My mother and father were sitting next to each other which was weird enough, but they were actually talking and being civil with one another. Mi madre was completely taken with Anthony and mi padre had made it clear that he was still very much for me and Sergio to be together. My oldest brother, Ricky, wouldn't let me live down the fact that I had brought home a "gringo". Joaquín, the brother I was closest too, absolutely despised Anthony, claiming he was trying to hard to compete with the memory of Sergio, and that the way he looked at me was with lust rather that love and adoration as Sergio does. The way he said it..."does". I just hope there is a does because I have never loved as I had with Sergio. This probably makes me a whore for never once having had a feeling of love for the man that is supposed to be my boyfriend, and instead dreaming of my childhood sweetheart every time I close my eyes. The twins, Luís y Andrés, also didn't like him because they loved Sergio too much and didn't have room for anyone else. Story of my life. 
After sitting through one of the most awkward dinners of my life, Anthony went out side with my parents and my brothers all drove home saying they'd be back tomorrow morning with Yessica, Mariel, and David. I was washing dishes when I felt a muscular pair of arms wrap around me. 
"Anthony, stop. You know how I feel about-"
"Nena, I'm insulted that you would think I'm that gringo plastic surgeon."
"Sergio.. I-I thought you were Anthony. Sorry about that."
"Why are you even with him? You were sitting as far away from him as possible during dinner. Nena, come on, look at me."
"What do you want me to say Sergio? Are you trying to say I don't look happy with him?"
"That's exactly what I'm trying to say. You were much happier when you were with-"
"With who Sergio?!"
"With me!"
I stopped washing for a minute and turned around to face him. His fists were clenched so tight that his knuckles were turning white. He walked towards me taking my hands and bringing me into his arms. As he tilted my chin up so I could meet his eyes he leaned down to kiss me. 
And I swore, it was like time and space got all mixed up, and all that mattered was the fact that this was actually happening. I was finally getting a chance to kiss his lips again. 

Sergio's P.O.V.
There are no words to describe the feelings that I felt when this woman was in my arms. Her 5'6" frame fit perfectly with my 6'0" frame. Things started to heat up and she tangled her hands in my hair as my hands traveled up her shirt. 
"Mi amor" I moaned as she pulled me even closer to her. It brought back so many memories to be calling her that. The first time we kissed, the first time we ever made love. Now that I think about it, that was the only time we ever did, the night of her 15th birthday, two weeks before her party. 
She moaned back into my mouth as I lifted her onto the counter, my hands roaming her muscular legs, clad with leather leggings which made her legs look fantastic. The buttons on my shirt were slowly but surly coming undone as her fingers worked to take the dress shirt off while I had already successfully taken off her blouse. Reaching behind her back, I went to unstrap her black lace Victoria's Secret bra when she started to rub me through my Armani jeans. 

Luciana's P.O.V.
"Mhmm, Lara, bebe." 
That's when I stopped what I was doing and pushed him back. Shaking my head I got off the counter and put my blouse back on. 
"Luciana, mi amor, what's wrong? Were we going to fast or-" I didn't give time to finish before I picked his blue dress shirt off of the floor and threw it back at him. 
"I should've known.. I'm so stupid!" I yelled to no one in particular. He looked at me confused for a moment then paled a little, I assumed that was when he realized what had happened. 
"Lucia.. Look at me, that was a mistake I-" 
"No, you're right it was. You have a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend who is right outside with my parents. This was wrong. Very wrong. I think maybe you should go home now or back to your parents house across the street or wherever your staying at the moment."
"Mi amor listen to me let me explain"
"There isn't anything to explain Sergio! I have a boyfriend sitting right outside and your girlfriend is coming tomorrow! Is this how you're going to be when she's here? Trying to get in my pants?"
"Hey! That was different! You know this isn't me trying to "get in your pants"! I haven't seen you since you were 16, do you have any idea how much I missed you? I love you, with every fiber in my being, I am in love with you. So no, I'm not going to leave because you're obviously upset and I won't walk away when you're angry okay?! Not again."
"Why not Sergio?! It's what you're good at! You took my virginity, I gave my self to you! I was willing to leave behind a life that I always dreamed of having to be with you and you break up with me two weeks later? At my birthday party?! Do you have any idea what that was like for me? I told you I loved you and I meant it. And you just walked away! You didn't come to say bye when I left either! Your parents were there and René and your sister but you were never there!"
"I'm here now! Forget Lara! I want to be with you she means nothing to me I love you not her!"
"If you love me so much than why didn't come after me?! Why didn't you call me? I called you everyday for 3 months and you never called me back! If you love me so much than why, in the 8 years that I have been gone have you never come to visit me? Or come to see me dance? Why is it that the only time you seem to want me is because I have a boyfriend?"
The way he stuttered over his words, trying to come up with a good excuse gave it all away. He wasn't in love with me. He was in love with the idea of me and it wasn't the same thing. The sad thing was, I might have wasted a good relationship and a chance at a happy future with an amazing guy all for him, and the hope that he would come and fight for me. He had the key to my heart, he always had it, but now it was time to take it back. He was in love with Lara. It was clear and everyone could see it. My best friends, my brothers, my parents.. Everyone but me. So I had come to the conclusion as I walked Sergio out of my mother's house that I was Anthony's. I wasn't going to waste another minute with Sergio when it was clear the only woman that occupied all of his mind was Lara. I just hoped it wasn't too little too late. I knew all too well that it was taxing to be in a relationship with someone who didn't love you back.
As I walked into the backyard I sat down on Anthony's lap, kissed his cheek and whisper those four little words I know he'd been dying to hear come out of my mouth. 
"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So I was thinking that this was how we would lead into the Sergio, Anthony, Luciana, Lara love (square..? Maybe?) And when Lara arrives with Sergio tomorrow at the party for David some interesting events might take place (wink wink) So please keep reading and sharing your feelings on the story! I'm open o any feed back about how you might want things to go as well. Thanks for reading!
- Luciana :)