Status: Completed

I'm Just a Puppet and She's Holding the Strings

"Is Only Boxers The New Style?"

_Sebastien's P.O.V_

The next morning I woke up with my arm wrapped around Beth, holding her tightly to me.

I sighed happily and removed my arm from around her waist, carefully getting out of bed as not to wake her.

I crept out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen where I grabbed breakfast, eating it in the living room. I flicked on some random, yet good TV programme, my brain not being awake enough to register what it was or to bother finding something else.

As I finished up my breakfast and cast a glance out of the window after hearing a car door closing.

I placed the bowl on the table and got up, opening the front door so the guys could come in.

"You ready?" Pierre asked, walking past me.

I looked down at myself, "What do you think? Is only boxers the new style?" I joked.

"Well hurry up!" He huffed.

"Alright, alright, I'm going. Just keep it down, Beth's asleep," I ordered.

_Third Person P.O.V_

"Alright, alright, I'm going. Just keep it down, Beth's asleep," Sebastien ordered as he headed up the stairs.

Pierre rolled his eyes, "Hard night's arguing?" He blurted out.

Sebastien looked over his shoulder, "What?"

He hadn't heard.

"Nothing, never mind," Pierre shook his head and smiled.

Sebastien nodded his head and continued his journey upstairs, giving Pierre a chance to release a sigh of relief.

_Sebastien's P.O.V_

I crept back into the bedroom and quietly found some clothes to wear, succeeding in getting dressed without waking Beth.

I grabbed my shoes and sat on the edge of the bed carefully.

As I slid on my second shoe, I felt familiar lips against my neck and slender arms snake around me.

"I was thinking we could do something today," She whispered seductively into my ear.

"I can't, I'm going out with the guys today, we have practice," I replied, lacing up my shoe.

"Can't you just skip it? For once," She murmured, her voice still tantalising, "For me?"

She was attempting to make me feel guilty.

"Baby, if I could I would, trust me, but we really need to work on our stuff. I told you this the other day, we're really getting somewhere,"

"But what about us?"

"What about us?" I frowned in confusion.

I felt her arms and her presence remove themselves from me and I stood up, adjusting myself as I turned to face her.

Her head was to the side and her arms were crossed over her chest.

Ugh, not again.

"What's wrong?" I asked trying my best not to sound annoyed.

"Nothing," She stated simply.

"Come off it Beth, I'm not stupid,"

She laughed dryly and I resisted the urge to shout at her.

"I don't want to deal with this right now," I huffed, about to go for the door.

"That's it, just run off like you always do when there's a problem," She sniped.

I glared at her, "I'm not running away from anything! You're the one who's starting arguments for no reason!" I shot back.

"I am not! You're shunning me out and going off with your friends!"

"I'm not shunning you out at all! I told you I was going out today last week when we arranged it, you're completely over-reacting!"

"Oh so now I'm over-reacting!"

"Yes! Yeah, you are! I'm going," I spat, "I'll be back in a couple of hours when you've had a chance to calm down," I growled.

As I closed the bedroom door after me, I heard her let out a frustrated squeal.

I closed my eyes and stomped down the stairs.

"Let's go," I said sternly to Pierre as he got up from the couch.

"Is everything okay?"

I slid on my jacket and zipped it up, "Everything's fine,"

"I heard raised voices,"

I shook my head and rubbed my hands over my face as I opened the front door.

"It's nothing, don't worry, let's go,"

"Okay..." He headed out and I followed him.

We can't go a damn day...

_Rachel's P.O.V_
_Three o' clock_

That's when my interview is. And I'm bricking it.

I need this job. I'm scraping through on what I'm earning now.

It was a stupid idea to give that guy that bottle of champagne last night.

"What exactly is this 'Golden Eagle' place? Is it a bar or something?" Mia asked as she made herself comfortable on the chair.

"I don't know, he didn't say but he said that I'm experienced enough and I've only ever working in a bar so I'm assuming it's something along those lines,"

"Do you need to take anything with you?"

"Just my CV and some ID," I replied.

"I'm scared for you," She chuckled.

I laughed slightly, "Me too,"

"What time is it at?"

"Three,"

"Oh, I was going to say I'd come with you but I'm working,"

"Oh yeah, I knew that," I chuckled, "Do you need a lift?"

"No it's okay thanks, you're gonna need some time to prepare for your interview,"

"I might as well give you a lift, I have to go there anyways," I shrugged.

"What for?"

"I left my phone there last night and I need to ask Ray for directions as well,"

"Why didn't you ask Mr. Kingston or whatever?"

"'Cause I forgot," I smiled as she shook her head at me.

"Idiot," She insulted.

"Oi!" I exclaimed.

"Have you heard anything of this guy?"

"What guy?" I frowned. But the word 'Sebastien' automatically sprung to mind.

"The guy that made you all weird and happy last night,"

"I thought I told you there wasn't a guy," I sighed but I couldn't help but smile so I had to suppress it.

"See, I would believe you Rach but you're smiling too much," She smirked knowingly.

"I'm not smiling," I denied, hiding my face in my hands.

"What's his name?"

"There isn't a guy,"

"If you don't tell me I'm gonna call you Ray-Ray for the rest of your life,"

"There isn't a guy!"

"Listen Ray-Ray, you're smiling too much, you're glowing, you're happy and giggly for Christ's sake! There has to be a guy!"

"There really isn't," I shook my head.

"Ray-Ray..." She sang annoyingly, "Raaayyy-Ray,"

I shot her a glare as she continued to sing the irritating name at me.

"Ray-"

"Sebastien!" I yelled, cutting her off, "His name was Sebastien," I sighed in defeat.

"I knew it!" She grinned excitedly, "Tell me all about him,"

"I don't know anything about him," I replied.

"You don't know anything?"

"Well, he's about two inches taller than me, he's got brown hair, blue eyes and he's getting married in a few months,"

"You've fallen for a man that's as good as married?"

"I haven't fallen for anyone, he came in because he wanted to drown his sorrows because his fiancee had accused him of cheating on her. He told me what had happened and we talked, I gave him some advice and he left, there was no 'falling' involved,"

"So you don't fancy him at all, not even a little bit?"

"No," I shook my head, "Well... He was cute and nice. Sure I was attracted to him but I'm not gonna do anything about it,"

"Why not?!"

"Because he's getting married!"

"So?" Her eyebrows rose.

"You truly do frighten me sometimes," I stated as I stared at her in disbelief, "Even if I did have your attitude about it, I'm probably never gonna see him again,"

"Says who?"

"Says me, it was just a casual collision of our lives, we've got out of each other's now so we'll go back to normal and it'll be like we never met each other,"

"But you don't want it to be like that do you?"

"What?" I frowned.

"I can see it, it's written all over your face, you want to see him again,"

"Mia, just drop it okay? I'm not a bloody book so stop trying to read me,"

"But-"

"Mia," I spoke in a threatening tone.

"Okay, okay... I'll drop it,"

"Good," I sighed.

Being truthful, she was kind of right but I wasn't about to tell her that.

_Sebastien's P.O.V_
_2pm_

"Are you ready to go home yet or do you think she'll still be angry?" Chuck asked me, twirling his drumsticks around his fingers.

"She'll probably still be pissed but I think I'm gonna go back anyway, I have to face her sometime," I replied, standing up and putting my guitar in its stand.

"You ready now then?" Pierre questioned.

I nodded and stretched my arms above my head.

"Anyone else need a ride home?" Pierre called out.

"Me," David and Jeff chorused.

"C'mon then," Pierre said as he headed for the front door.

David, Jeff and I followed him out of the door and into the car

Pierre first dropped off Jeff and I kept my eyes out of the window, eyeing the surroundings as I thought about what I was going to go home to.

It was worrying me.

But the thing is, I was worrying even more that a certain pretty blonde girl hadn't barely left my mind since last night.

And suddenly, I saw a familiar bar pass my vision and an idea popped into my head.

"Pull over," I said sternly.

"What? Why?" Pierre frowned.

"Just pull over," I repeated.

Confused, he pulled over and I got out of the car.

"Sebastien, where are you-" Pierre stopped as I closed the door.

I speed-walked down the street, hearing car doors close behind me.

"Sebastien! Seb! Where are you going?!" Pierre shouted after me.

"Wait up!" David called.

I slid to a halt outside the bar door.

I scanned the building to check it was the right place, which gave the guys a chance to catch up with me.

"Why have we stopped for some run-down bar?" David retorted as he looked in disgust over the building.

"I think it's a bit early to start drinking, don't you?" Pierre added.

"I'm not here for the alcohol," I replied, pushing open the door and going inside, the three of them still hot on my trail.

"What else is here then?" Pierre asked.

Once again the bar was deserted.

I jumped over to the bar, lifting myself up on the bar slightly to see if the girl was sitting on the floor like she was last night.

She wasn't. I sighed and let myself fall onto my feet; turning around to face the other three who were staring at me in confusion- They must think I'm insane.

"Is it even open?" David questioned to no one in particular.

I shrugged, "I dunno,"

"Can I help you lads?" A voice came from behind me.

I spun around to face the guy.

"Um, yeah, I'm looking for someone," I answered.

"Who?" The guys behind me and the one in front of me chorused.

Oh God, what was her name? Did she even tell me? Did I think to ask?

"Um... I kinda... Don't know her name..." I admitted shamefully.

"Does she work here?" The man asked.

"Yeah,"

"What does she look like?"

"Um, a few inches smaller than me, blonde hair, blue eyes," I described.

"Rachel," The man stated, "I'd love to help you but she's not working today, she's in tomorrow though,"

Tomorrow's too late.

As he said this the door to the bar opened and in walked the very girl I was looking for.

_Rachel's P.O.V_

"You ready to go then?" I asked Mia as I went to get my shoes.

"Yeah, I'm just going to nip to the toilet and I'll be ready," She replied jumping up from her seat.

"Okay," I replied when she left the room. I stood up and checked myself over in the mirror.

I did look pretty damn smart, if I did say so myself.

I took a deep breath and threw my bag on my shoulder before I grabbed my keys.

Mia jumped down the stairs and threw on her jacket, "Let's go then Batman,"

I smiled at her and held the front door open for her. She skipped through it and I followed her, locking up afterwards.

We got into the car and soon we were off to the bar.

"I want you to come to the bar after your interview and tell me all about it, okay?" Mia said as we pulled up outside.

"I will do, don't worry, I'll be there to tell you that I screwed it up 'cause I'm an idiot," I grinned.

"You're gonna do fine," She reassured when we got out of the car.

We headed to the door of the bar and Mia held the door open for me.

"Thanks," I beamed.

"You're very welcome," She smiled back as she followed me in.

"Alright Ray?" I greeted as my eyes landed on him.

"Rachel, this guy says he's looking for you," He pointed to three guys beside me.

I frowned in confusion and turned to see two guys and a familiar face.

"Sebastien? What're you doing here?" I questioned, smiling a little.

I felt a presence behind me.

"That's Sebastien?" Mia murmured inconspicuously.

"Yeah," I whispered back.

"I need your help," Sebastien answered my previous question.

"My help? Why mine?" I frowned as I headed for the bar.

"Because your help from last night worked well and I need more," He replied.

I ducked behind the bar and grabbed my phone.

"Right where I left you," I mumbled with a smile, "Well I would help you Sebastien but I'm really busy at the moment," I spoke sympathetically as I shoved my phone into my bag, "Hey, Ray how do you get to that place that you got me the interview at?"

"Um... It's on Cleo Avenue; do you know how to get there?"

I shook my head.

"If you turn left out of here then take another left, go right, left, right again and ahead for..." He paused to count, "Five streets, right and then it's on the left. You got that?"

I stared blankly at him before blinking, "Absolutely not," I replied.

"I know where Cleo Avenue is," A voice piped up from behind me.

I turned around to face a guy with tattoos up his left arm and brown hair sweeping to the right of his forehead.

"Would you be able to take me there if I follow behind you?" My eyes brightened.

"I can drop you off if you like but only if you do me a favour," He bargained.

I frowned cautiously, "What kind of favour?"

"You give my friend here what he needs and I'll give you your lift," He replied.

I looked over to Mia who shrugged and then to Sebastien who was looking at me hopefully.

I sighed loudly, "Fine... We need to leave now though 'cause I'm going to be late otherwise," I added.

"Let's go then," The man smiled.

All three boys left and I followed after them.

"Try to restrain yourself from jumping on him," Mia teased as I walked past her.

"Shut up," I swatted her shoulder before stepping outside.

I sat in the back seat with Sebastien and the one with the tattooed arm drove us to where I needed to go.

"That's Pierre and that's David," Sebastien introduced, pointing at each guy in turn.

"Hi," I said sheepishly, "I'm Rachel,"

"Hey," Pierre and David chorused.

The ride was silent even though I knew Sebastien was itching to ask my advice.

"Here's Cleo Lane," Pierre announced, pulling up at the end of the street, "You don't mind getting out here do you? It's just easier because David's house is left here,"

"Oh no, this is perfect, thanks so much," I grinned as I opened the car door and went to get out.

"Rachel?" Pierre called making me slide back in.

"Yeah?"

"Our bargain?" His eyebrows lifted expectantly.

"Oh, right, yeah. Um... I have to go now so I'm not late for my interview but I'm going to the bar after I'm done, so if you go there later on I'll be glad to help you out," I smiled at Sebastien.

"That sounds great, thank you," He replied.

"You're welcome,"

"Oh, and good luck," He wished triggering David and Pierre to do the same.

"Thanks," I chuckled, "And thanks again for the lift,"

"My pleasure," Pierre grinned.

I got out of the car and headed down the street, scanning the buildings.

I stopped as I saw a large modern looking building.

I gazed at it in awe before I heaved out a breath.

"Here we go..."

_Sebastien's P.O.V_
_Ninety Minutes Later_

An hour and a half later I was sitting at the end of Cleo Lane with a bottle of coke in my hand, waiting for Rachel to come out of wherever she was.

My eyes had been focussed down the street for the past forty minutes.

The things I do for Beth...

I yawned and rubbed my hands over my face.

As my eyes reopened and focussed again, they landed on a smartly dressed blonde who was walking towards my end of the street.

She spotted me and made her way over, coming to a halt in front of me.

"You know, I'm starting to think about getting a restraining order on you," She joked, "This can be seen as stalking,"

I shot her a grin, "You know you love it,"

She giggled, her smile widening.

I paused for a second... Did I just flirt with her?

"I guess you want me to hold up my end of the deal then huh?" She lifted her eyebrows at me.

I held up my thumb and forefinger, "Just a little,"

"I'll do that if you fancy escorting a very lost, yet absolutely ravishing young lady back to her workplace," She grinned, joking about her ego remark.

"I think I can do that," I nodded, not being able to stop myself from smiling.

"C'mon then love, keep up," She jolted her head in the direction she was walking and getting a head start.

"I would do if you weren't going the wrong way," I stated smugly.

She flushed red and stepped back to me.

"Lead on Columbus," She smiled.

_Rachel's P.O.V_

He started heading the other way and I followed him.

"So what's the problem this time?" I asked, scuffing my shoes on the pavement as I walked.

"We had another argument," He admitted.

"Another one? Christ, you two don't get on that well do you," I chuckled.

He looked over at me through the corner of his eye and my laughing ceased.

"Sorry, that was disrespectful," I said shamefully, "What did you guys argue over?"

"Well, I went upstairs to get ready because Pierre was waiting for me and I sat on the end of the bed while she was sleeping so I could put on my shoes, then she started kissing my neck-"

"If this is gonna lead to dirty details then you can skip it and go to the problem,"

"If only it was dirty details," He sighed, "But that was when the problem started. She started saying that she wanted to spend the day with me and I said that I couldn't because I was spending the day with the guys,"

I winced, "And she ranted about you choosing your friends over her, right?"

"Exactly, and then we argued and I walked out again,"

"You love walking out don't you?" I teased, "Well, it sounds like she's arguing for the sake of arguing here,"

"That's what I said!"

"To her?"

"Is that bad?"

"Slightly," I smiled sadly, "Okay, quite bad because now she's gonna think that you're blaming her for all your arguments,"

"Well it is her fault,"

"Okay, rule number two, never blame a woman for anything even if she's wrong,"

"What's one?"

"Rule number one is never ever tell her she's wrong,"

"Oh... I knew that one," He smiled proudly.

"Don't be proud of knowing one rule Sebastien, we make up new ones everyday," I grinned.

His smile fell and he nodded, "So what should I do?"

"Well, if I'm reading the situation right, you shouldn't do anything," I replied with a shrug.

"Huh?"

"It's one of these situations that piss us off but if you come back and act normal we'll roll with it. It's like if you came home late from work after she'd asked you to be home in time, if you were just acting like the guy she fell in love with, which I'm guessing is your usual self, and apologise for what you did, you'll be fine,"

"Is that seriously all I need to do?" He frowned cautiously.

"Yeah, and if she's still pissed when you get in just get close, hold her, kiss her and tell her you're sorry,"

"I can't believe I waited almost an hour to get that,"

"You waited an hour for me to come out of that place so you could ask my advice? Why didn't you just go to the bar later on?"

"Because I figured you wouldn't be long and then I thought 'if I leave now she's gonna come out as soon as I turn the corner' every five minutes. You came out just as I was about to definitely leave,"

I smiled, "Seriously Sebastien, you should start to trust in yourself more. The girl- sorry I don't know her name,"

"It's Beth,"

"Well, Beth loves you, she's agreed to marry you for Christ's sake, she's willingly given up her future to spend it with you, surely you've had arguments before I came along and you must've handled them fine. She fell for you and no amount of arguments is ever going to change that," I spoke knowingly, "Trust me, sometimes all a girl needs is for the man she loves to be himself, because he'll always know what to do when the time comes,"

He eyed me for a few seconds, "Nice speech,"

"Thanks," I grinned, "It totally just came to me. I thought it flowed. It had a moral and everything,"

"The way you delivered it was perfect too,"

"I thought so too! I can be good at these spur of the moment speeches sometimes,"

We laughed heartily.

"Really though, you should just do what you think. No more hour long waits for your agony aunts," I ordered, "Promise?"

He nodded obediently, "Promise,"

"Good," I smiled and stopped walking as we reached our destination, "Thanks for getting me back here,"

"You're welcome, thanks for putting up with my problems for the past two days,"

"Anytime,"

"Can I buy you a drink for a thank you?"

I looked towards the bar and then back at Sebastien before nodding sheepishly, "I'd like that,"

"Great, after you," He held out his hand, gesturing to the door.

"Thanks,"

We headed into the bar and I grinned at Mia as she looked up.

"You're back!" She exclaimed.

"I'm back!" I mocked with a smile.

"With him?" She frowned in confusion.

"Yeah," I nodded, "Two beers please," I grinned innocently.

"I'll bring 'em over," she spoke, still eyeing me up curiously.

Sebastien and I took a seat on a table near the bar.

"Here you go," Mia placed the two bottles on the table and I smiled at her before heading for my bag.

Sebastien fished about in his pocket and paid Mia before I had the chance to.

"Thank you," She went off and I stared at Sebastien.

"What?"

"I could've paid my own way,"

"If you remember, I said to you 'can I buy you a drink for a thank you' not 'let's have a drink',"

"You're crap,"

"Thanks," He rolled his eyes.

"Sorry," I chuckled.

"No problem,"

Mia came over soon after and sat beside me.

"Oh, Mia, this is Sebastien, Sebastien this is my best friend Mia," I introduced.

"Nice to meet you," Sebastien smiled, holding out his hand.

Mia shook it firmly, "You too, I've heard a lot about you,"

At this, I shot out my elbow into her side.

"Ouch!" She complained.

I smiled innocently at Sebastien and his eyebrow quirked at me.

"What was that for?!" She growled as she held her side.

"Shh," I spat through gritted teeth, glaring at her.

She grinned at me and I looked over at Sebastien.

"Sorry, I mean, it's nice to meet you too," Mia corrected.

_Sebastien's P.O.V_

This girl is slightly weird. They're acting freaky...

Watching them have a telepathic argument was quite amusing though.

The two girls smiled at me and I watched as Mia rested her elbow on the table then leaned her head in her palm.

Then something caught my eye and I gazed at it, tilting my head.

"What?" Mia frowned, lifting her head up to look at her wrist that I was staring at.

"Your bracelet," I mumbled.

"Do you like it?" She grinned.

"Yeah... Yeah, it's nice, sorry it just... Looks familiar..." I frowned.

"Oh right..." Mia trailed off and then began talking to Rachel again, bringing me into the conversation every now and again.

But the one question that never left my mind...

Where the hell have I seen that bracelet before?!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help me if you can
I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate
You being 'round
Help me get my feet
Back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me?

The Beatles- Help
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------