Status: Active <3

Trouble

Adjusting

I wiped the gel off my stomach and sighed “So I have to go to the bloods ward?” I asked.
Lilly nodded “Sorry about that but we can’t do it in here today, I’m too busy, too many babies” She said.
“Thanks Lil” I said as she handed me the DVD and the picture.
“You don’t have to hang around” I said to Mark as we exited the room, I spotted out of the corner of my eye, Nathan, sitting in the outdoor waiting area not far away.
“I’ll talk to you tomorrow ok” Mark said.
I smiled, handing him the image “Keep that” I said.
“I wouldn’t lose it” Mark smiled as he waved slightly and took off.
I sighed, turning for the seating area and walking slowly, sitting beside Nathan, not saying anything at first.
After a few seconds of silence, I breathed out “You left the room rather quickly” I commented.
Nathan cleared his throat, not looking at me “I didn’t want to impose” He breathed.
“Nate” I sighed.
“If I never came back, if I never contacted you, you’d still be with him, you’d be happy and you’d be ready to start a family” Nathan breathed.
“Maybe” I sighed “But that isn’t how it is now is it…” I began.
“So you still love him?” Nathan asked.
“Is that what this conversation is about Nathan? Is it really about how I feel for him?” I demanded.
“You’re having a baby with him, there’s that bond, I, I don’t want to be the one in the way of that” Nathan sighed.
“You’re not in the way of anything, I choose you Nate” I sighed.
“Right then, in that room, I saw the way you looked at him” Nathan whispered.
“Mark and I are having a child together, in that moment, I was happy, I looked at him with happiness, nothing more” I sighed.
“But you…” Nathan attempted.
“If you can’t accept this, you need to tell me now” I whispered.
“I don’t know” Nathan sighed “I’m just, I’m worried that you’d want to be doing this properly, with him, and I feel like I’m not there enough to support you” Nathan said.
“That’s why you are moving back in, remember?” I pointed out.
“I don’t want you to think I don’t care, I don’t want you to think that that’s why I haven’t been calling and asking, I’ve been trying to give you space” Nathan announced.
I sighed, he cleared my doubts up just like that, and that made me love him even more.
“I need to get to the blood ward to check my bloods asap because I am starving, let’s talk when I’m not so, delirious” I said.
Nathan nodded, kissing me lightly on the cheek “I’ll come with you” he said.
“No. I’ll be fine, you go chill here, be back soon” I said.
“Are you sure?” Nathan asked.
I placed one hand on his cheek, feeling the softness, and nodded “I’ll be fine” I said, turning and going to get my bloods taken.
I had to come back for the results tomorrow, so I’d grab them when I went in for work.
“All done?” Nathan asked as I walked back to him.
I nodded “Done” I said.
“You ready for breakfast now?” Nathan asked, a small smile crossing his face.
“I’m so ready, I could eat a whole pig right now” I breathed.
Nathan chuckled lightly, wrapping one arm around me as we exited the hospital “So where are we going?” He asked.
“Anywhere that serves bacon is good” I shrugged.
Nathan rolled his eyes, guiding me to the car. We made the short trip to a café and as soon as we were in I was ready to order.
“You order enough there?” Nathan asked me as the waiter went away.
“I’m starving” I sounded.
“Mmm, but I don’t think you really can eat all of that” Nathan challenged.
“You really want to challenge me?” I asked.
Nathan shook his head, waving his hands in the air “I’m not challenging you, I’d never do that” he said.
“Good” I said, smiling, I was about to say something else when my phone beeped.
I grabbed it, checking the message.

*Hey, did the blood test go ok? – M*

I flicked through and quickly responded.

*Done, but I won’t get the results till tomorrow – S*

I placed the phone to the side and looked up, realising Nathan was watching me “Mark was just checking everything was ok” I said.
“You saw him less than an hour ago” Nathan pointed out.
“I know, he thought I was getting the blood results already” I said.
“Oh” Nathan said.
“You need to work on that” I breathed.
“What?” Nathan frowned.
“Your poker face” I said.
“I’m not going to pretend that it doesn’t annoy me that you have to talk to him” Nathan sighed “If you want me to….” He attempted.
“No, Nate, I want you to be honest” I breathed.
“That’s what I was being before, I told you the honest truth, how I felt about all of this” Nathan sighed.
I placed my hand over his on the table “And I appreciate that” I announced.
Nathan sighed “it’s just going to take some adjusting, all of this” he said.
“I’d like it if you could try and get along with Mark” I commented.
Nathan frowned “Right” he said.
“I’m serious Nate, Mark’s going to be around a lot when the baby’s born and I need you two to at least be civil, it’ not like I’m asking you to hang out with him ” I sighed.
“I’ll be civil” Nathan sighed.
I smiled a small smile “Thank you” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?