Status: Active <3

Trouble

Blissful

I sighed sleepily as I slid from the bed, quickly going to answer the door.
“Mark” I frowned as I pulled the front open, Mark was standing with a paper bag in one hand and a coffee in the other.
“Morning, I thought we could have breakfast” Mark said.
“Uh, Ok” I frowned.
“We haven’t really chatted much about things, I was so, distanced at the beginning because I was still mad” Mark said.
“Right, but do you think right now’s appropriate, it’s… oh, wow, it’s ten am” I breathed, shaking my head.
“You’re more tiered than usual right? You’ve been working?” Mark asked.
I nodded “All week, why didn’t you call first?” I questioned, shutting the door and leading him to the kitchen.
“I was around so I just popped in, that’s ok right?” Mark questioned.
I nodded slowly, truth was, it wasn’t really ok, Nathan hadn’t moved in yet, but when he had, I guessed that he wouldn’t like this idea too much.
“I got you a bacon and egg roll” Mark said “and a decaf coffee” he added.
“What do you want to talk about?” I asked, sitting up on the bench beside Mark.
“I was thinking about what the arrangement might be, when the baby comes along we need to have some sort of system” Mark said.
“I agree, but is it the right time now to be talking about it?” I asked.
“I know it’s early, but we should establish things now” Mark said.
“Ok, well, what do you think we should do?” I asked.
“Well, I was thinking we could alternate weeks first, but then that might be confusing, and in the first few months the baby needs to be with you anyway for feeding and things, so I thought in those months I could move in here…” Mark began.
“Uh, what?” I frowned.
“Only temporarily” Mark said.
“Mmm, that ought to be a ball, the four of us in this apartment” I sounded.
“Four?” Mark asked.
“You, me, the baby and Nate” I breathed.
“Nathan’s moving in?” Mark frowned.
I sighed, I had forgotten that I hadn’t exactly told Mark that little detail yet.
“Yeah, in a few weeks” I said.
“I didn’t realise” Mark sighed.
“So, uh, that idea, off the cards?” I asked.
Mark nodded “Then I’ll just come by every day, since you’ll have him to help nights” he said.
“Mark…” I began.
“I’m surprised” Mark said “He is actually willing to stick around, to help, when you lost the baby the last time he wasn’t man enough to push through…” he began.
“Stop” I breathed, pushing the food away “You have no idea what you’re talking about” I added.
“I’m going off what you’ve told me” Mark breathed.
“At that point I was mad as hell at him, you can’t take what I’ve said” I sounded.
“I can take facts, he left you when you were broken and now, now you’re going to let him help raise our baby” Mark frowned.
“I think you should go” I breathed.
“No” Mark said, shaking his head “I need you to get something, I need you to get that this guy is not good for you, or our child…” he attempted.
“If you want me to push you out of my life and our child’s life you’re getting there” I hissed.
“I’m sorry, but I’m not going to lie and pretend like I’m ok with him being in my child’s life” Mark breathed.
“Well that isn’t your call, Nate is going to be in my life, which means he’ll be in our child’s life” I said.
“Why?” Mark sighed “Why him?” he asked.
“What do you mean?” I breathed.
“I could take it if it were someone else, but why him?” Mark sighed.
“I love him, I always have” I sighed “Now, Please, just go, before you say something else” I breathed.
“Fine” Mark sighed.
He left, frowning as he went, about ten minutes later there was a knock, I sighed, thinking it was him and pulled open the door.
“I thought I told you to… oh, hey” I said, Nathan stood before me, he looked me up and down.
“Just wake up?” he asked.
“I did” I said.
“Alone?” Nathan breathed.
“What?” I frowned.
“I saw Mark leaving” Nathan said slowly.
I raised an eyebrow “And you think I woke up with him?” I asked.
“I’m just saying what I saw” Nathan breathed.
“Mark came by with coffee’s, I didn’t know he was coming” I said.
“Why?” Nathan asked.
“He wanted to talk about the baby, he suggested that he move in here for six months” I said.
“Here?” Nathan questioned “With you?” He added.
I nodded “I said no, you’ll be here, with you and me and the baby, that’s enough people under one roof” I breathed.
“So it’s because of me?” Nathan asked.
“No, I don’t necessarily want to be living with Mark anyway” I said “Why?” I frowned.
“If he wants to be here, to be around the baby…” Nathan began.
“Nate” I frowned “Why are you being weird about this?” I asked.
“He said something when I passed him in the hall” Nathan sighed “He said I ruined everything, he confirmed what I thought, that if I never came back, you’d be happy with him” He said.
“I already told you that that isn’t necessarily true” I sighed.
“He thinks he still has a shot with you, he thinks you will go back to him” Nathan breathed.
“Mark is delusional, and you, you need to understand something” I said, grabbing his hands “I love you” I announced “and I don’t want to be with anyone else” I said.
Nathan sighed, leaning forward and kissing me on the lips “I love you” he breathed.
I let go of his hands, placing them on his shoulders and leaning up, kissing him again.
Nathan kissed me back, placing his hands on my sides, I pulled back, leading him along as we kissed, pulling him towards my bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

DRAMA soon, would love some reader insight and thought :P

Simz <3