Status: Active <3

Trouble

Ours

I spent the morning pacing back and forth in my room, Nathan was coming over to take me to the hospital, it was time for the three month scan.
Mark would be meeting us there, and I knew that ought to be interesting.
Nathan and Mark hadn’t seen one another since finding out about the baby, and I just hoped that they both behaved themselves.
When he arrived I pulled open the door.
“Hey, you ready?” he asked.
I nodded “All watered up” I sighed, I couldn’t eat, but I had to drink lots of water for the ultrasound.
“Are they doing a blood test today too? To check your levels?” Nathan asked.
I nodded, my blood levels had been fine, but during pregnancy there is a possibility that that would change, if so they may need to adjust my medication, so I had to make sure that everything was ok.
“Is, uh, Mark meeting us there?” Nathan asked.
I nodded “Yeah” I said, turning to grab my phone.
“Ok, that’s, good” Nathan breathed.
I turned back to him, putting my phone in my bag “Let’s go” I said, pushing him out the door.
“Hey, I’ve been thinking” Nathan said as we walked out to his car.
“Never good” I said.
Nathan shook his head “What would you say if I suggested I move back in?” he asked.
“Here?” I asked.
Nathan nodded.
“You want to?” I asked.
“If you want me to” Nathan said.
“I loved it when you were here Nate, it meant we could spend more time together, but why now?” I asked.
“I want to be here for you when you need things, I want to be here so I know you’re ok, instead of sitting with my phone all night worrying” Nathan breathed.
“Worrying about what?” I asked.
“We both know what could happen to you because of your condition” Nathan sighed.
“That’s why I’m having the bloods today, but I get it, and I’d love you to move back in here” I said.
“Sure? I don’t want to make it seem like I’m pushing it, I just, I’ve been waiting for you to ask me and…” Nathan attempted.
“Nate” I breathed, cutting him off “I was planning on asking you if you wanted to move back in anyway, I just haven’t known how you’ve been feeling about this whole baby situation” I sighed.
“You were?” Nathan asked.
I nodded, turning “I love you” I breathed “And I’ve hated that since we got back together there seems to be this, space, between us” I sighed.
“I’ve been holding back, I, I don’t want to push, I made mistakes before and…” Nathan began.
“Never hold back” I said, kissing him on the cheek lightly.
We made our way to the hospital, spotting a few of my work colleges along the way. Lilly was one of them, “Hey” She said “in for your first scan I’m guessing” she said.
“How’d you guess that?” I asked.
“The entourage, and the fact that I saw your name on my list” Lilly shrugged.
“Entourage?” I asked.
“Mark’s waiting” Lilly said.
“Oh” I breathed, glancing at Nathan, he had a slight reaction, but nothing noticeable.
“I’m coming back in two seconds” Lilly sounded, taking off.
I bit my lip, stepping forward and walking towards the rooms, Mark was waiting inside.
“Hey” he said, smiling “Lilly said I could wait in here, you ok?” he asked.
“I’m fine, just hungry” I sighed.
“Yeah, I forgot, you can’t eat before one of these” Mark said.
“Mmm” I mumbled.
“Morning sickness still getting to you?” Mark asked.
“You’ve had morning sickness?” Nathan questioned, I almost forgot he was in the room.
“A little bit, but I’ve been coping, green tea helps” I shrugged.
“I told you that’d help” Mark said, offering a smile.
“Yeah, because it’s so hard to research things like that” I said, rolling my eyes.
“How about the stomach cramps?” Mark asked.
“That’s gone, it was only one time” I shrugged.
I noticed Nathan shift slightly “Can I talk to you for a second” He said to me.
“I, ok” I frowned.
“I’ll go outside to find Lilly” Mark offered, taking off.
As soon as he was gone, Nathan breathed out “You’ve had morning sickness, and stomach cramps” he said.
“Yeah” I said slowly.
“And Mark knew about it” Nathan added.
“I feel like you’re just repeating exactly what you just heard back to me right now” I frowned.
“Why did he know, why didn’t I know?” Nathan demanded.
“Mark’s been calling to check up on me, that’s how he knew” I shrugged.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” Nathan asked.
“That Mark’s been calling?” I said slowly.
“NO” Nathan frowned, shaking his head “That you’ve been feeling unwell” He breathed.
“I didn’t think I had to call you to tell you I was sick” I frowned, I was frustrated at him asking me this, he hadn’t called to check up on me in the whole month, and when we went out, he didn’t really ask much about the pregnancy, so the fact that he was upset about me not telling me, frustrated me.
“But you told him” Nathan breathed.
“Like I said, Mark calls me, almost daily, to check up on me and the baby, so yeah, I told him I had been sick” I frowned.
“I feel like that’s a dig at me” Nathan frowned back.
“Do you know what Nate, maybe it is” I hissed, shaking my head, Lilly came in now and so did Mark “We ready?” She asked.
I nodded, sighing as I lied down and Lilly prepped the machine.
I noticed Nathan back away slightly, he didn’t look happy, but in that moment I didn’t care.
Lilly placed the scanner on my stomach and searched, as soon as she found the baby, I gasped, Mark’s eyes were glued to the screen, he smiled “Wow” he breathed.
“Looks like everything’s going well, baby’s developing nicely” Lilly said, she hooked up the sound and instantly the sound of the tiny baby’s heartbeat filled the room.
“I can’t believe it” Mark whispered.
“I know, that’s our baby” I breathed.
I heard the door click at this point, and looked up, noticing Nathan exit the room.
My eyes refocused to the screen, and I breathed out.

TBC
♠ ♠ ♠
So much instore!!!

SIMZ<3