Status: Active <3

Trouble

Weird

The sun crept through the gaps in the curtain, hitting my eyes, causing me to groan.
I turned, sighing as I spotted a shirtless Nathan, soundlessly sleeping beside me, oblivious to the blinding ray.
“Nate” I whispered.
He didn’t stir.
“Nate” I repeated.
Still nothing.
“NATHAN” I exclaimed.
He groaned, his eyes flickering open “What?” he breathed, his voice husky and low.
“Hi” I whispered.
Nathan smiled “You screamed me awake to say hi?” he asked.
I nodded.
“You’re cute” Nathan said.
“Thanks” I smiled, leaning towards him and kissing him lightly on the lips.
“What time are you working?” Nathan asked.
I sighed “I have to leave soon” I said.
Nathan sighed, leaning forward and kissing me again “This is why I don’t want you to go, because I want you here with me” He said.
“Mmm, well, I need to be responsible and I need to go” I sighed, sliding from his grasp.
I went to the wardrobe and grabbed my uniform before going to change.
When I went back I kissed Nathan again, sighing a long sigh “I love you” I breathed.
“I love you too babe, have a good day” Nathan said.
I took off, making my way to the car and the short trip to work.

I had a busy morning, which was a good thing, I got all my paper work done and booked in my tests and was very productive.
At lunch time I grabbed my phone, calling Nathan.
“Hey” I sighed.
“Hi you, working hard?” Nathan asked.
“Mmm, very, what are you up to?” I asked.
“Nothing, I got my articles done, I’m bored” Nathan sighed.
“I’ll be home soon” I commented.
“And I’ll be waiting, do you want me to go out and grab dinner?” Nathan asked.
“Sounds good” I said.
“I might get some thai” Nathan said.
“Mmm, funny, I was craving thai” I said.
“I guess I know you well” Nathan said.
“I’ll see you later” I said.
“Mmm, see you baby” Nathan sighed.
I hung up and put my phone away, looking up to see Mark in the doorway.
“Hi” I said “What are you doing here?” I asked.
“I was in for a file, thought I’d come see how you were while I was here” Mark said.
“Come sit down” I said.
Mark hesitated but then came and sat by me “So, are you ok?” he asked.
“I’m fine, thanks to you” I said.
“So you’re doing the surgery?” Mark questioned.
I nodded.
“And you didn’t call me?” Mark frowned.
“I was going to, but I’m just in the middle of tests at the moment” I sighed.
“How’s the chances?” Mark breathed.
“Thirty percent” I said.
“So, we’re going to lose the baby then?” Mark frowned.
“No, thirty percent chance of losing the baby, Mark, that’s good odds, I know it’s still a chance, but it’s not as big as we thought” I said.
“That’s amazing news” Mark said, smiling “When’s the surgery?” he asked.
“In a week, or less, we have to see how the tests go” I sighed.
“Is it weird if I’m there?” Mark asked “I want to be there” he added.
“I, I don’t know, it’s a little weird” I said.
“I just want to be there to make sure the baby is ok, and that you’re ok” Mark said.
“I’ll ask Nathan” I breathed.
“So what, Nathan’s your keeper now?” Mark demanded.
“No” I frowned “But if it’s weird for him, I don’t want you there, I don’t want any problems” I frowned.
“So what’s going to happen when you have the baby? I won’t be allowed there because he’ll be uncomfortable?” Mark demanded.
“We can cross that bridge when it comes, who knows what will happen” I mumbled.
“I don’t want to be second to him” Mark breathed.
“Well you always will be” I sighed “I’m with Nathan, I love Nathan, the fact that you are the father of this baby means nothing against that, yes, I want you to be apart of out child’s life, but not if you’re going to play the victim all the time” I breathed.
“I don’t know how to accept it” Mark breathed.
“Nathan’s accepted that I’m having a child with you, so you need to accept that I’m in love with him” I sighed.
“Fine” Mark breathed “But if you try and stop me from seeing the baby…” he began.
“We don’t even know what will happen between now and then, so just, just accept this for now” I sighed.
Mark shook his head, tuning for the door, he took off.
I closed my eyes, breathing out heavily, I wanted things to be ok between Mark and I, but I knew they never would be, the way things ended, the way things are, I don’t blame him for being mad, but the child we would share together, that is something that will always be there, always connecting us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??