Status: Active <3

Trouble

Weird

I smiled a small smile as I woke up in the morning with Nathan’s arms curled around me. It has been 3 day’s since we, determined the relationship so to say.
I attempted to slide away from him, but his grip tightened, alerting me to the fact that he was awake.
I spun slightly in his arms, turning to face him “I have to get up, I’m working today” I said slowly.
“Mmm” Nathan mumbled, not opening his eyes.
“Nath” I sighed.
“Fine” Nathan breathed, flickering his eyes open and letting me go.
I smiled, leaning forward and kissing him lightly on the lips “Aren’t you getting up?” I asked.
“Yeah” Nathan said, not moving and closing his eyes again.
“I’m having a shower” I said lowly in his ear before nibbling his ear lobe lightly.
Nathan groaned “Don’t you have work?” He asked.
“Mmm, but I’ve got a whole hour before I have to leave” I shrugged.
Nathan’s eyes instantly flickered open, he sat up and looked at me for a second, before quickly sliding from the bed and taking off to the bathroom.
I giggled, grabbing some clothes before going in after him.

I grabbed some bread and toasted it quickly, grinning as Nathan wrapped his arms around me from behind, kissing me on the shoulder lightly “SO, tonight” He breathed.
“Mmm” I mumbled, tonight was his dinner with his parents, and I was still undecided on whether or not it was a good idea to go.
“My mum really wants you to come” Nathan commented.
“I haven’t seen your parents for a long time Nath” I pointed out.
“What does that have to do with anything?” Nathan asked.
“I really feel uncomfortable about the fact that the first time I’m seeing them for years, will be a meet the parents thing” I breathed.
“Why are you so weirded out by this?” Nathan sighed.
“Because it’s such a serious thing” I pointed out.
“Ok” Nathan said “Fine, I’ll drop it” He added, letting me go and turning for his room.
“Nathan” I sighed, realising that he was annoyed.
“Don’t worry about it” Nathan called, not turning around, he went into his room, slamming shut the door behind him.
I let out a frustrated groan, why was this such an issue for him.
I left the toast on the counter, not worrying about eating for the second and went to Nathan’s bedroom door.
I knocked. He didn’t answer.
I sighed.
Knock.
No answer.
On the third knock, frustration overtook me and I pushed open the door “Nathan” I breathed out, my eyes searching the room for him, he was sitting against his bed, typing something on his phone.
He looked up for a second but didn’t say anything before looking back down at the phone.
“Oh don’t be so pissy with me Nathan, I have a right to be weirded out by all of this” I exclaimed, the hint of frustration coating my words.
“I’m not being pissy” Nathan muttered.
I rolled my eyes, going over to him and pulling the phone from his hands, causing him to frown “What’s the real issue here?” I demanded, staring down at him.
“There’s no real anything” Nathan shrugged.
I shook my head “I don’t believe you” I said.
Nathan let out a sigh “You not wanting to come to dinner, cements the fact that you aren’t all in this, not the way I am” He breathed out, his eyes not meeting mine.
I frowned “Is that really what you think?” I demanded, I almost regretted even following him into the room now.
“I don’t know, maybe…I don’t’ understand why you can’t just come” Nathan mumbled.
I sighed, bitting my lip lightly “I think we need to settle a little” I breathed “We fell into this so fast, I don’t want to jinx anything” I added.
“I know that things have moved fast, but we’ve known each other forever” Nathan reminded me.
“Mmm, but we’ve only been together a short while, don’t you think we should establish us before we include our families and friends into the situation?” I sighed.
“I guess” Nathan said, letting out a breath.
“Nathan” I breathed, trying to catch his attention.
Nathan shook his head, looking up “I’m sorry, I know I overreacted” he sighed.
I handed him his phone “Just a bit” I shrugged.
Nathan grabbed my hand lightly, not letting me go “I just want this to work, and part of that means meeting them as my girlfriend” He said.
“And I will, just not today” I sighed.
Nathan still held on to my hand “Call in sick” He said, attempting to pull me down.
I stood my ground, rolling my eyes “Shower not enough for you?” I asked.
Nathan shook his head, catching me of guard and successfully pulling me into his lap.
“I really have to get going to work” I sighed.
Nathan moved so his face was level with mine, he leant forward and kissed me quickly on the lips before pulling away and resting his forehead against mine “Have a good day at work” He said as he lightly placed me down on the ground.
“You too, I’ll see you later” I said, quickly taking off, grabbing the piece of toast I had left and making my way out.

On the way home from work, I picked up some sushi for dinner.
When I got in the apartment, I noticed Nathan’s phone was on the bench.
I placed my things away and went to his room, spotting him just pulling on a shirt.
“Hey” I said, smiling from the doorway.
Nathan looked up, smiling a small smile “Hi” he said.
“I thought you would have been out already” I said.
“Just about to go now” Nathan shrugged, buttoning up the shirt he was wearing and grabbing his jacket.
“How was work?” I asked.
“It was fine” Nathan shrugged “You have a good day? No drama?” he asked.
“No drama” I shrugged, frowning slightly at the weirdness of this conversation.
“There’s another message for you from Dean” Nathan sighed.
“Another one?” I frowned.
“Maybe you need to listen to it, see what he wants” Nathan said.
“I don’t care what he wants” I said slowly.
An expression crossed Nathan’s face that I didn’t quite understand, he let out a breath before speaking “Maybe you and Dean aren’t as over as you seem to think” He said.
I frowned, grabbing his arm as he attempted to walk away “What the hell is that suppose to mean?” I demanded.
“Just, call him” Nathan said, shaking his head and pulling his arm away from my grasp “I’ll be back late” He sighed.
I watched him walk away and frowned slightly, unsure of what to think.
♠ ♠ ♠
?? Like

Simz <3