Status: Active <3

Trouble

Awoken

I woke up to bright lights and the sound of machine’s beeping around me. I groaned, attempting to sit up.
I felt myself fall back, my head was heavy and my vision was still blurry, a voice spoke and my eye sight focused to see James Samson a doctor from work standing beside me.
He checked something off before speaking “Simona, you’re at the hospital” James said.
“What happened?” I breathed out, shaking slightly.
“You collapsed” James explained “We’re still running tests but it seems it’s got to do with your blood” He said.
I was about to ask another question when his beeper went off “I’ll be back in a few minutes” he said taking off.
A second later a rush of feet speed into the room, I spotted Nathan walking quickly in.
He instantly grabbed my hand when he reached me “Are you ok? What happened? They wouldn’t tell me anything” He rambled.
“I’m fine” I mumbled.
“Liar” Nathan frowned.
“The doctor didn’t tell me yet, he said it’s to do with my blood” I sighed.
“The hospital said they were calling your parents, apparently they’re your next of kin” Nathan said.
“How long have I…” I began.
“Half an hour” Nathan said.
As I was about to speak, two pairs of foot prints could be heard, I bit my lip, pulling my hand away from Nathan’s just as my parents walked into the room.
“What’s going on honey? Are you ok?” Mum asked.
“I’m fine” I breathed out, I ignored the weird look Nathan was shooting me and looked at my parents, who looked so confused and upset.
“You are not fine” Dad frowned.
“The doctor hasn’t told me anything yet” I shrugged.
“You brought her in?” Mum asked Nathan.
“Well, yeah I…” Nathan began.
“Yeah, you know Nathan’s staying at my place, lucky he was around” I breathed, cutting him off.
“Yeah, Lucky” Nathan said slowly, he frowned at me.
“You don’t have to stick around, we’re here now” My dad said.
“I’m fine now, you have work later anyway” I mumbled.
Nathan shook his head, his eyes dead on mine “Are you serious?” He asked.
“Nathan” I breathed.
“Fine” Nathan said, he shook his head at me, saying goodbye to my parents before taking off, not saying anything else to me, he wasn’t out of the room yet when my mum spoke “Why isn’t Dean here, surly he could have gotten out of work”.
Nathan froze in the doorway, causing me to cringe.
“I, uh, Dean and I broke up” I mumbled.
I noticed Nathan shake his head again before leaving for good.
“You broke up? Since when?” Mum frowned.
“It doesn’t matter” I sighed.
“It does, why did you break up? What did you do?” Mum demanded.
“Mum” I breathed “I didn’t do anything” I lied, sure, I was going to tell her I cheated on my oh so amazing boyfriend.
“So what happened?” mum demanded.
“It doesn’t matter” I frowned “It’s over” I shrugged.
James came back now with some papers and pills “You have a condition which is classified as a blood imbalance, what this means is you’ll need to take this medication for a month and then come back in to the ward to have some tests, the pills will stop any black outs and hopefully we can keep this under control, it’s lucky you came in when you did” James said.
“So I can go home now?” I asked.
James nodded “Just get some rest, I suggest you take a week off work to get use to the medication” he said.
“Ok” I said, sliding from the covers.
“You will need to take it easy” James warned.
“I studied blood imbalance” I shrugged.
“Yes, nurses often think they know it all since it’s part of the course, but it’s more complicated than you might think” James pointed out.
“I’ll be relaxed” I breathed.
“Thank you so much Dr Samson” My dad said as James left the room.
I rolled my eyes and put on my shoes, getting up.
“You’re coming to stay with us” Mum said.
“No” I said, shaking my head, still feeling a little woozy “Can I please just have a lift home” I sighed.
Dad frowned “You need someone to look after you and since you don’t have Dean to do that…” Dad began.
“I’ll cope” I muttered, I hated that I had this opportunity to tell them about Nathan and I didn’t.
“You’re so stubborn” Mum frowned.

My parents drove me home, walking me up to the apartment.
“Do you guys want a coffee?” I asked.
My parents stayed a while, having coffee with me, they kept asking about Dean, which I hated, but deal with.
“You should have told me” Mum said.
“I know, but I’ve been busy” I mumbled.
“Too busy to mention it, we’ve spoken on the phone since it happened” Mum frowned.
“I know how much you loved him mum, how you thought we’d get married and he’d be your grand children’s father” I muttered bitterly.
“To be honest I’m a little glad” Dad sounded “Dean was never really a good fit for you” he shrugged.
“Thanks dad” I smiled a small smile.
After an hour or two, they left.

I was lying on the couch watching TV when I heard a key in the lock.
I bit my lip as the door was pushed open and turned slightly to spot Nathan.
His eyes met mine for a second before shifting away as he turned to shut the door.
“Don’t be mad at me” I mumbled.
Nathan sighed “You didn’t tell them about me” He breathed.
“I wanted there to be something to tell first” I sighed.
“So is there now?” Nathan demanded “Because I don’t understand what that actually means since…” He began.
“I’m worried that they’ll pull this apart Nathan, you know what they’re like, I just, I don’t want them to make you hate me, so I need to make sure that you won’t run away first” I mumbled.
Nathan sighed, walking over and sitting next to me “I’m not going anywhere” He breathed.
“Really?” I sighed.
“Yeah, really” Nathan breathed “It hurt me when you did that this morning, the way you just pulled away from me, that you just sent me away, I wanted to be there with you, I wanted to know what was going on” He said.
“I’m sorry” I said “I know I shouldn’t have done that I just, panicked” I sighed.
“Did they tell you what’s wrong?” Nathan asked.
“It’s called a blood imbalance, I have to take medication for it” I shrugged.
“That sounds bad, you don’t sound panicked” Nathan frowned.
“It’s nothing” I shrugged.
“You collapsed, it must be something” Nathan pointed out.
“It’s only something if it progresses” I said.
“So it could be something” Nathan frowned.
“If I don’t respond to the medication then yes” I sighed.
“Why didn’t they keep you in, surely you need to be monitored” Nathan said.
“I just need to rest” I shrugged “I have a week off to do that” I said.
“I’m going to look after you” Nathan announced.
I just let out a long sigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slightly longer than some other updates.
Hope you enjoy and if I get a comment by the end of the night, or any more subs, I will update again later today as I have an extra update :P

Simz <3