Status: Active <3

Trouble

Old Friends

I sighed as I woke up in the morning with a pair of arms holding me.
I attempted to slid from his arms, sighing as he pulled me back “I have to get to work” I said.
“Five more minutes” Nathan mumbled, burying his face in my neck and nibbling on the skin.
I groaned “Nathan Andrew Daimler, stop that” I exclaimed.
Nathan smirked against my skin “I love when you use my full name”.
“I have to go now” I sighed.
Nathan let out a breath, kissing me on the neck one last time before loosening his grip.
“Don’t you have work?” I demanded.
“Yes, but I don’t want to” Nathan complained.
I rolled my eyes at him “Up” I said, pulling the blankets off him.
Turned on his stomach, clinging to the bed, not getting up.
Instantly I jumped on top of him, placing my hands on his shoulders and digging my fingers in lightly “I’ll give you a massage tonight” I announced.
“I prefer when I’m the other way round” Nathan announced, his voice muffled through the pillows.
“You don’t get to shower with me now” I said, sliding off him and moving to my dresser.
“You weren’t going to let me anyway” Nathan announced propping himself up on his elbows and looking my way.
“No, I wasn’t, but now you definitely don’t get to” I shrugged.
“I’m so sad” Nathan exclaimed as I disappeared into the bathroom giggling.

When I had finished my shower I wrapped myself in a towel, covering my underwear and strapless bra.
“You’re so mean to me it isn’t funny” Nathan exclaimed.
I rolled my eyes “Calm down, I’m wearing something underneath” I sounded.
“That makes it better” Nathan said, he slid from the bed and neared me, trapping me between the dresser and the door.
I sighed, leaning up and pressing my lips to his, knowing that he would let me go until I gave in anyway.
Nathan grinned into the kiss, placing his hands on my waist and pulling me into his bare chest.
He pulled away after a short while and let out a breath “I should have a shower” he sighed.
I nodded “Mmm, you should” I breathed out.
Nathan nodded again, moving away from me, causing me to laugh as he turned, almost bumping into the door.
I grabbed my uniform from the wardrobe, slipping it on before going into the kitchen and making myself some breakfast.
I was halfway finished eating when Nathan came out, fresh, clean and dressed.
He kissed me on the shoulder as he passed by me to get to the fridge.
“What time are you finished today?” he asked me as he pulled out the milk and grabbed some cereal.
“Five” I said.
“Do you want to go out for dinner?” Nathan asked.
“Sure” I shrugged.
“Good, there’s this place in the city that I’ve wanted to take you too, it’s suppose to have the best soft shell taco’s, and I know how much you like pulled pork” Nathan said.
“I love you” I grinned.
“I know” Nathan smirked.
I slid from the bench and washed up my stuff before grabbing my key’s “Ok, I’ll see you here this arvo then” I said.
Nathan nodded, kissing me lightly, I sighed, turning and kissing him again, we got caught up in the kisses sometimes, which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing.
“Bye” I said as I slid away after the third extended kiss.
Nathan grinned “Bye” he said.

Today I was in the office for work as they were over staffed with nurses, a rare occurrence as usually we are under staffed.
I was typing up a few papers when there was a knock.
“I’ve been looking for you” At the door stood a tall, handsome looking man, sandy coloured hair, not brown, not blonde but in between, his grey eyes focused on mine and instantly I stood up “Ryan” I breathed, by voice failing me.
“Long time no see” Ryan smiled.
“It’s been, forever” I mused, a small smile falling to my lips.
Ryan and I had met when I first started working in nursing, I had began at a different hospital for my last year of study on the job. Ryan was also studying, however he was in his last year of medical school.
Ryan and I were somewhat of a ‘thing’ we flirted, nothing more, but there was an attraction that everyone always seemed to comment on.
“I don’t get a hug?” Ryan asked, moving over to my side of the desk.
I bit my lip before shaking my head, smiling and hugging him.
“What are you doing here?” I asked.
“The hospital was making cut backs and this one needed medical staff” Ryan said.
“You’re going to be working here?” I questioned.
Ryan nodded “It’ll be just like old times” He said, we were inches apart, I could feel the heat radiating off him, stepping back slightly, I smiled weakly.
“Wow, you’re the new doctor they’ve been talking about” I said.
“I hope it’s been all good” Ryan chuckled.
“They’ve been saying you’re going to be the best thing for this hospital” I shrugged “I didn’t catch the name of the doctor, I didn’t realise it was you” I rambled.
“You still ramble like you use to” Ryan grinned.
I bit my lip “Are you starting today?” I asked.
“Yep, they sent me in here, apparently you have paperwork for me to sign, and of course I caught your name in the mix and I just had to get myself in here to see you” Ryan sounded, he smiled his charming smile at me, shaking me slightly, quickly I turned around.
“Um, I have the papers somewhere, just give me a second” I said.
“Why are you working admin anyway?” Ryan asked, sitting down casually on the chair.
“They had enough nurses on staff, and I’m on call in here anyway, if they need me they’ll come find me” I shrugged.
“So you don’t usually work admin?” Ryan asked.
I shook my head.
“I couldn’t tell” Ryan said, without looking at him I could see the grin on his face, the sentence dripping with sarcasm.
I found the papers and turned back to him, handing him a pen.
“Thanks” Ryan said, leaning forward and beginning to fill out the form.
Somehow I knew in that moment, that Ryan being around wasn’t going to be a good thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wrote this update super quickly, I hope it's not to rushed!!

Simz <3