Status: Active <3

Trouble

‘Business’

I sighed as I walked into the hospital for work at 6, I had an eight hour shift, so I’d be home after 1 in the morning, that was the only down side to working late.
I keyed in in the staff room and went to change, before checking which floor I was on.
I sighed as I spotted Ryan’s name, when he meant he was working with me, he was right, we were working the same section of the hospital.
I went to the floor to begin, checking the floor roster.
“Hey, aren’t I glad you’re the first person I see” Ryan’s voice sounded, causing me to spin around.
“Hey, you’re on time” I commented.
“First day, once I gain cred I’ll start being late” Ryan smirked.
I rolled my eyes, Ryan use to be known for always being late, he use to be at least ten minutes late each shift, without a doubt.
“You ready for your first day?” I asked.
Ryan nodded “All set” he said “And hoping it’s the prettiest nurse in the hospital who’s in charge of showing me around” he said, he looked at the roster and smiled “And what do you know, I do get the prettiest nurse as my guide” he said.
I bit my lip “Flattery will get you nowhere Dr Stamford” I announced.
“Where too?” Ryan asked.
“We have to administer night meds at seven, right now we have to wait until we’re buzzed, I honestly don’t know why they are getting a nurse to show you round though, I wouldn’t have a clue what you have to do” I said.
“They just want me to see what you do for tonight, and then tomorrow I’m following some doctors around” Ryan shrugged.
“Mmm, James will love that” I grinned.
“James?” Ryan asked.
“Dr Samson, he gets frustrated with new people” I said.
“You’re going to enjoy watching me get crap from him aren’t you?” Ryan demanded, raising an eyebrow.
“You bet” I grinned, turning “Follow me” I said.
Ryan lagged behind me, causing me to bit my lip, I knew the trick, he was checking me out, it was something he was quite known for, Ryan seemed to be known for a lot of things, he was quite the charmer, and every one of the nurses had a thing for him, I guess he liked the game of chase though, because he always tried for my attention, even when I didn’t want it.
“So this is the medication locker, you need a key for it, which I’m sure admin will give you once you’re settled in” I said.
“You’re all business tonight” Ryan commented as we moved on.
“What I’m telling you is important” I said.
“When’s break time?” Ryan asked.
I rolled my eyes “After three hours, you think you can handle that?” I asked.
“Feisty” Ryan smirked.
I rolled my eyes and turned “We need to check the buzzers, usually we keep one on us and if it beeps, we check the room” I said.
“Dr’s don’t though do they?” Ryan asked.
“Here we do have buzzers, it’s a quicker system, but the doctors get buzzed by the nurses if needed” I shrugged.
“Ok” Ryan said.
I continued showing Ryan things we needed to do, before long, it was break time, I showed him to the break room, and today, it was empty, it usually was at this time of the night as there were less doctors and nurses around.
I leant back on one of the chairs as I sipped a coffee and nibbled on a granola bar, usually I had this snack before eating something for dinner later on.
“You want a muffin, I’m going to grab one from the café” Ryan asked.
“I’m all good, thanks” I said, holding up my bar.
Ryan shrugged and took off, coming back not long later.
“So what’s the gossip around here, who’s sleeping with who?” Ryan asked.
I almost choked on the sip of coffee I took.
“This isn’t a soap opera Ryan” I said once I had finished coughing.
“Hey, back at Edon there was a lot of stuff happening” Ryan reminded me.
“Well this hospital is quite normal” I said.
“That’s what someone would say if they’re sleeping with one of the Doctors” Ryan smirked.
“I’m not sleeping with any doctors, yet” I said, smirking right back at him.
I knew once I had said it how stupid it was, I felt stupid, I was flirting right back at Ryan, not purposely, but it sort of just happened.
“Oh really?” Ryan grinned.
“Watch yourself Doctor” I said, rolling my eyes.
“So you’re not seeing anyone?” Ryan asked.
“I, um…” I began, I didn’t even know why I hesitated, but I did, I was about to say something, when some other nurses bustled into the room, they instantly took focus away from me and began chatting up Ryan.
I was glad for the deflection, but even once they fluttered away and Ryan and I were alone again, even as we spent the rest of our shift together as I showed him around, I didn’t once mention being in a relationship with Nathan.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am still in love with writing this story :P

Welcome to any newbies reading :P

Simz <3