Status: Active <3

Trouble

Mother Dearest

I had been working the late shift for a week, and I was over it.
When the weekend arrived I slept for most of Saturday.
Nathan woke me early on Sunday morning with breakfast, causing me to smile.
“You’re amazing” I announced, bringing him into a kiss.
“I know” Nathan grinned, sitting beside me.
We ate and talked, something we hadn’t been able to do at all during the week.
I liked that we could catch up.
“So I thought we could meet my mum for lunch today” I said.
“Today?” Nathan asked.
I nodded “She said just message her when we are free” I shrugged.
“Ok, I guess” Nathan breathed.
“I will make it so worth your while” I said.
“Oh really?” Nathan grinned, his eyes focusing on mine.
“Mmm, Really” I grinned.
Nathan leant over to me, attempting to kiss me, when he was inches away, I moved “I don’t pay in advance” I said, sliding from the bed.
“I don’t work unless I get fifty percent in advance” Nathan announced, causing me to roll my eyes, I leant over and kissed him lightly on the lips “Ok?” I asked.
“That is not fifty percent” Nathan challenged.
“That’s all you get” I said, turning to the wardrobe to grab some clothes.
Nathan slid from the bed and grabbed the plates he had on the bed before taking off to the kitchen, prompting me to have a quick shower.
When I was done I went to the kitchen, finding Nathan fully clothed and stacking up plates.
“You look sexy when you’re cleaning up” I announced.
“I try” Nathan smirked, putting things away before turning to me.
“So, lunch?” he asked.
“Mum wants to meet at ‘larough” I said.
“Isn’t that that fancy place in the city?” Nathan asked, pulling a face.
I nodded and sighed “We can grab a burger after, promise” I said.
“You are too perfect” Nathan said, kissing me quickly on the cheek.
“Remember that when my mother tares you in two” I mumbled.
Nathan wrapped an arm around me “Nothing your mother say’s to me will change my opinion of you, I will still love you” he shrugged.
“Mmm, ok” I sighed.
“I mean it” Nathan said.
“We have to leave in an hour” I sighed.
“Ok, do I have to wear a suit or what’s the deal?” Nathan asked.
“You can just wear a shirt, I don’t know” I said.
“I don’t want to turn up underdressed and give your mother something to criticise me on” Nathan said.
“Ok, just pick something and show me after” I shrugged.
“Come help me” Nathan sounded, pulling me along.
I rolled my eyes and sat against the bed as he chose a button down shirt and a pair of black jeans.
“That should be ok” I shrugged.
Nathan pulled off his shirt and pulled on the shirt “Are you sure?” he asked.
I stood up, moving close to him and grabbing the top of the shirt, one hand on each side “It is perfect” I said, leaning up and kissing him lightly before doing up the buttons for him.
Nathan leant down, pressing his lips to mine when I had buttoned the shirt, I smiled into the kiss, getting slightly lost in it, Nathan’s hands sat on my waist, when he pulled away, he let out a breath “Pants” he breathed, causing me to start laughing and move away from him.
He chuckled lightly “I love your laugh” he said.
Once I had caught my breath I shook my head “The jeans will be fine, I’m going to pick something” I said.
“Can I help?” Nathan asked.
“I don’t need any help, but once you have your pants on you can come see” I said.
Nathan pulled off the pants he was wearing as I turned around to go to my room, he was on my tail almost instantly.
I pulled two dresses from the wardrobe, both medium length in two different colours, black or red.
“I like the red one” Nathan said.
“Mmm, so do I” I said.
“Do you need help to change?” Nathan asked, grinning.
I rolled my eyes and shook my head “I should be ok” I said.
Nathan neared me “I think you need help” he said, placing his hands at the end of my t-shirt.
“I think you get too distracted, go watch TV” I said.
“But…” Nathan attempted.
“I’m taking my time, we don’t need to leave yet” I reminded him.
“Fine” Nathan groaned, turning and leaving the room.
I laughed lightly as he muttered something and turned to begin changing.

Lunch was actually going quite well, my mother was having a good conversation with Nathan, she actually got along with him, which shouldn’t be so surprising as they did know one another and his mother was mines friend.
Nathan curled his fingers with mine under the table, causing me to smile as he continued to talk to mum.
After a little while she excused herself to go to the bathroom.
“She is behaving herself” I said.
“I’m glad she isn’t blasting me” Nathan said “After all, us did happen rather quickly, I thought that’d be the first thing she’d say” he sighed.
“I just hope she keeps it this way” I said.
Nathan kissed me on the cheek lightly “If you behave, I’m sure she will” he said.
My mother came back not long later, as soon as she sat down she turned on me.
“So, I’ve heard that Dr Stamford’s transferred to your hospital” She said.
I nodded, not knowing where she was going with that, my mother had met Ryan on a few occasions, she had liked him, and I guess maybe she knew about the flirting, she seemed to have friends in all places “Mmm, he started this week” I said.
“Is he still as charming as he was back in the day?” My mother asked.
“Back in the day? It’s not like it was years ago” I frowned.
“Well…” My mother trailed off.
“He’s still the same” I breathed out.
“And you’ve been spending time with him?” my mother asked.
I frowned, shaking my head and not continuing the conversation.

Once lunch was over Nathan and I made the trip back to the apartment.
He was fairly silent the way there, which frustrated me, when we got into the apartment he sighed.
“Why did your mum ask about Ryan?” He questioned.
“I don’t know, because she’s a busy body” I mumbled.
“Is there more to your friendship with him? Aside from flirting?” Nathan demanded.
“No” I frowned
*LIAR*
“Really?” Nathan asked.
I bit my lip and nodded “Nathan, Ryan and I were never more than friends.
*BIG BIG DIRTY LIAR*
I failed to tell Nathan the truth once again, Ryan and I had kissed a few times, it was never anything more than a kiss, but a kiss is a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, I have AMAZING things planned for this story!
I am just in love with where it's going and I hope everyone reading is to!!

Thankyou any readers who have commented, I'm sorry I can't reply in the comment thing as the thingy won't load! But here is my appreciation, comments earn more updates, and since i have written so many, I have some on standby :P

Simz <3