Status: Active <3

Trouble

Wrong

As the new day broke, I found myself waking up quite early, I had a middle shift today, and for once Nathan and I had linking rosters.
I sighed, sliding from his arms and going to the bathroom, I felt guilty, even though I hadn’t done anything, the fact that I hadn’t told him the truth about Ryan, it was eating at me.
I slid from the bed and went into the bathroom, washing my face before walking back out, Nathan was up, he rubbed his eyes tiredly and let out a sigh “Morning” he breathed, his voice croaky from sleep.
“Good morning” I smiled, pulling back my hair and turning for the wardrobe.
“You’re up early, come back to bed” Nathan said, patting the bed beside him.
“I’ve got some things to do before work” I said shortly.
I was actually meeting Ryan for coffee, I didn’t know why I kept lying to Nathan, I could have just told him the truth, told him that Ryan and I were having coffee together before work, but I didn’t.
“Oh, ok” Nathan frowned.
“We can hang out tonight, watch movies and stuff” I offered.
“I actually have plans with some of my mates tonight, we’re going to grab pizza’s and watch the game” Nathan said.
“Sounds like fun” I shrugged.
“You could come, I mean, none of them bring their girlfriends…” Nathan began.
“We don’t need to be one of those couples Nate, I can make my own plans” I said.
Nathan just shrugged.
I grabbed a plain dress from my wardrobe along with my uniform, placing the uniform in my bag before going to change, when I walked out I fixed my hair.
“You look nice” Nathan commented, he was about to go into the bathroom, passing me.
“Thanks” I said slowly.
“Why are you dressing up for errands this morning?” Nathan asked.
“I’m not dressing up, this is just a dress, and besides, if I want to go out after work and not come home before hand then I can just put this on” I said.
“Ok, I guess that’s a good point” Nathan said slowly.
“I’m going to head off now, ok?” I asked.
Nathan nodded “I’ll see you tonight then, I’ll probably be back round ten or eleven” he said.
“Kay” I said.
Nathan wrapped his arms around me from behind, kissing my shoulder lightly “Have a good day” he said.
I smiled a small smile, spinning around in his arms and pressing my lips to his, kissing him lightly before pulling away “You too” I said, grinning as he pouted.
I slid away and turned for the kitchen, grabbing my phone before making my way out.

The end of the day approached and I found myself in the break room clicking through my phone.
I had made plans with a few nurses to go out for dinner and drinks, we didn’t usually do that of a Monday, but we weren’t heavy drinkers anyway, so a little dinner and drinks wouldn’t be a problem.
“Hey” Ryan’s voice sounded, snapping me from thoughts.
“Hi” I said, smiling.
“I heard some of the nurses are going out tonight” Ryan said.
I nodded “I’m all alone tonight so I planned a little dinner” I said “Do you want to join? Aston will be there and I think Kali is bringing her boyfriend” I said.
“Count me in then, where are we going?” Ryan asked.
“Dinasty, just down the road” I said.
“I’ve heard that’s good” Ryan said.
“I haven’t been, but one of the other nurses has, she said it’s amazing” I shrugged.
“Are we all meeting there?” Ryan asked.
I nodded “Most of us are walking, I’m going to hang around here till six since I have a change of clothes anyway” I shrugged.
“Mind if I hang out here with you?” Ryan questioned.
“I’m just going to get ready, shower and stuff” I said, motioning to the female change rooms we had.
“I’ll be round” Ryan shrugged.
I nodded, bitting my lip lightly before going to shower and change.
Ryan was waiting when I came back.
“Wow, you scrub up quite nice Varest” He smirked.
“Thanks” I said, rolling my eyes.
As we waited around, Ryan and I chatted, this morning we had had a good catch up, and now, we were still able to continue conversations.
Up until the moment we left, we walked together, still chatting.

“You honestly don’t understand, he is the most clumsy doctor ever” I exclaimed, laughing as I threw story’s about Ryan into the mix, he had finished telling the group about my mishaps as an intern and first time nurse, so I gave back as good as he did.
After a while, everyone began to leave, it was late, almost ten.
By quarter past, everyone was gone, aside from Ryan and myself.
“One more drink?” Ryan asked.
“Are you trying to get me drunk?” I asked, raising an eyebrow, I had only had one glass of wine as I had to drive home.
“Maybe” Ryan smirked, he was closer to me than he had been before, his hand sat on mine over the table “But I don’t think I have to” he said, he leant over to me and pressed his lips to mine.
I didn’t stop him.
I didn’t push him away.
I kissed him back.
The memories from our past flooded back, the feelings I had for him, the emotions all bottled into this kiss, his hand moved from mine and sat on my waist now, that’s when I pulled away, gasping slightly.
“I, that shouldn’t have happened, I have to go” I breathed, sliding from the chair.
Ryan had a look of pure confusion on his face “I’m sorry” I said, shaking my head, grabbing my bag and taking off.
As soon as I got to my car I slid in, my eyes wide, what the hell did I just do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me, what do you think of this chapter :P

Simz &lt;3