Status: Active <3

Trouble

Coming Home

I sighed as I stepped out of the elevator and made my way down the hallway to Nathan’s room, today he was able to be let out of the hospital, it was the day I was dreading.
Sure, I wanted him home, I did miss him, but things weren’t going to be easy for us, and that’s the part I wasn’t looking forward to.
I knocked on the door before letting myself in “Hey” I smiled a small smile as I spotted Nathan sitting on the edge of the bed.
“Hi” Nathan said, he smiled a half smile at me as I moved into the room.
“You almost ready to leave this place?” I asked.
Nathan nodded “I’ve been ready since five am” he sighed.
I smiled a small smile “They should be in with paper work soon” I offered.
“You working today?” Nathan asked.
“No” I shrugged.
“Oh” Nathan breathed.
“Why?” I asked.
“I just thought, I thought the only reason you came in to see me was because you had work” Nathan sighed.
“No, I came to take you home” I said slowly.
“Oh, Right, uh, I kind of asked my parents to pick me up, I’m going to stay with them for a while” Nathan said.
I felt my face fall slightly “Why?” I asked.
“I still have recovery to get through, I’m not one hundred percent” Nathan sighed “I thought it’d be better if I stayed there, and I know you still need space…” He began.
“What would be better than living with a nurse for recovery?” I asked.
Nathan breathed out, his eyes focusing on mine “I don’t know what it is that you want, you asked me for space, I thought…” he started.
“I know I asked for space, but I want you at home, with me” I mumbled.
“Are you sure?” Nathan asked.
I nodded “Nate, I know that I was mad, that I flipped out and I know I asked for space, and yeah, I guess I do still need some, but having you around, it’d put my mind at ease, to know that you are safe and that I can take care of you” I breathed.
Nathan frowned “I don’t want you to be my nurse” he breathed, his voice tinged with a hit of frustration.
“That isn’t what I’d be” I frowned “Yes, it’s a bonus that I’m a nurse, but I’d be supporting you as your girlfriend, not as your live in nurse” I sighed.
“Are you positive that you want me there?” Nathan asked.
I nodded.
“Ok, good, because I wasn’t really looking forward to staying with my parents” Nathan said.
I smiled a small smile and sat beside him on the bed “Oh, it wouldn’t be too bad, I’m sure your mother would wait on you hand and foot” I commented.
“Mmm, but she’d do it in a way that makes it something you don’t want” Nathan sighed.
“I’m sorry but I don’t see how” I said.
“Trust me, she would just make it a bad thing, my mother tends to go a little overboard” Nathan shrugged.
And just as he said it, his parents entered the room, Elle instantly wrapped Nathan into a hug “How’s my baby?” she asked.
“See” Nathan groaned.
“What?” Elle demanded.
“I said fine” Nathan shrugged, causing me to smile.
“Are you ready to go?” Nathan’s dad asked.
“Actually, change of plans” Nathan said.
“What?” Elle frowned.
“I’m going home” Nathan shrugged.
“You’re going home?” Elle asked.
Nathan nodded.
Elle turned to me “Can I talk to you for a second?” She asked.
I nodded, following her out of the room, Elle let out a sigh “Are you sure that you want to take on this responsibility?” She asked.
“Responsibility? Nathan is fine, and besides, I have all the training if something were to happen” I shrugged.
“You two aren’t exactly back on track” Elle pointed out.
“No, but I want us to get back on track, and that requires Nate to be home with me, it’s always good to be in a familiar setting to recover, no matter what the injury or issue was” I shrugged.
“And how will he get constant care if you’re out and about?” Elle asked.
“Ok, you’re really overreacting about all of this, the doctors would have told you that the only major complications in this was during surgy, after the fact, the patient is fine, the two weeks in hospital, that was precaution” I sighed.
“How do you know that?” Elle demanded.
I sighed, Nathan was right, but I knew it anyway, when it came to family, Elle was territorial, and I couldn’t blame her, but I wanted what was best for Nathan also, so standing my ground was what was important.
“Who say’s that with me or with you would make any difference if something did happen?” I asked.
“I guess you’re right” Elle sighed.
“Despite everything, I love your son, and, and I want to mend what’s broken with us, this is my chance to” I said.
Elle smiled “I hope you do, because I know for a fact that he loves you more than anything, and I think you two are perfect” She announced.
I just nodded, ignoring the thought in my mind screaming out.
**Your perfection is a lie**
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm Sad :(