Status: Active <3

Trouble

Worry

“Cause baby, I know places we won’t be found and they’ll, be, chasin their tails tryin to track us down, I, I I I iii, I know places we can, hiiiiiiied, I know places…” I sang as I cooked breakfast, dancing around and humming along.
“Sounding good” Nathan’s voice sounded from the side, causing me to turn and smile a small smile.
“Thanks” I said.
“Best sound to wake up to” Nathan added.
“Oh, I’m sorry, Did I wake you? I didn’t realise I was singing so lou….” I attempted.
Nathan chuckled lightly “I wasn’t trying to tell you you woke me up, I was just complimenting” He said.
“Oh” I breathed.
“I thought I’d be up before you today, I went to sleep so early” Nathan commented.
“It’s the drugs in your system, they’ll make you sleep a little longer than usual” I shrugged.
“I was hoping I could make you breakfast” Nathan said.
“I’ve got it covered” I shrugged, pointing to the eggs I was cooking.
“Do you want some help?” Nathan asked.
I shook my head “Almost ready, I just need to grab the toast” I shrugged, turning to grab the already cooked toast and placing two pieces on each plate before grabbing the eggs and placing them on, handing one plate to Nathan.
“Thanks” Nathan said, smiling weakly.
“You ok?” I asked.
Nathan sighed “Usually we do this together” he breathed.
“Make breakfast?” I asked.
Nathan nodded.
“It’s not a big deal” I pointed out.
“It feels like a big deal” Nathan breathed.
“Why?” I asked.
“I don’t know, I just, I feel like everything will be different with us now, I, I know that I screwed up but…” Nathan began.
“So because I made breakfast without your help, everything is going to be different?” I asked.
“I know I sound nuts, but it’s just how I feel” Nathan breathed.
“I promise, tomorrow, I’ll wait for you to make breakfast, ok?” I sighed.
Nathan shook his head “It’s not about breakfast” he mumbled.
“Ok, let me guess, it’s about last night?” I asked.
Nathan nodded.
Last night Nathan had made a pretty obvious pass at me and I hadn’t even let it go beyond the words, I didn’t kiss him, I moved away, which is what I knew was bothering him.
“You just got out of hospital Nate, taking it easy is something that the doctor clearly said you had to do, remember when I got out of hospital?” I asked.
“So it’s payback for that?” Nathan asked.
I sighed, shaking my head “It’s more than that, we still need to work up to it” I breathed.
“Oh” Nathan mumbled.
“Trust me when I say this isn’t easy for me either Nate, but It’s just something we need to wait for, not only because of your recovery” I breathed.
Nathan sighed “Do you hate me for what I did?” He asked.
I frowned, shaking my head “I don’t hate you, I could never hate you” I breathed.
“I am going to make it up to you though” Nathan said.
I sighed “Just, eat your breakfast” I sighed.
Nathan let out another breath before continuing to eat.

I lied on my stomach on my bed, reading emails and flicking through things on my computer when Nathan knocked on the door.
“Can I come in?” he asked.
I nodded.
“What are you doing?” Nathan asked.
“Nothing, just reading emails” I shrugged, sitting up.
“I was going to watch a movie” Nathan announced.
“Which one?” I asked.
“Parent trap” Nathan said.
I smiled “Is that your way of asking me to watch my favourite movie with you?” I asked.
“What favourite movie? I just want to watch it” Nathan said, he smiled a small smile.
“I am in” I said, turning my computer off and following him out to the lounge, I smiled when I spotted the move front screen on the Tv and popcorn and wine on the table.
“You shouldn’t be drinking” I commented.
“I’m not, it’s for you” Nathan shrugged, sitting on the couch.
I sat beside him and he began the movie, placing the popcorn on his lap.
“You ok eating this?” I asked.
Nathan nodded “I can eat popcorn, if I chew” He shrugged.
“Nate” I breathed.
“Mmm” Nathan mumbled.
“I love you” I said softly, they were the three words I had avoided saying to him as best I could lately, but I knew in this moment that it was something that had to be said.
Nathan smiled “I love you too” He said.
We settled in and watched the movie in silence, but this time it was a good silence, a comfortable silence.

I slid from the couch as the movie ended, grabbing the empty popcorn bowl.
“We can watch another movie” Nathan offered.
“I would love to, but I have a few things I actually have to get done” I sighed.
“Like what?” Nathan asked.
“We’re having a in service at work tomorrow and I’m just reading some articles on the topic” I shrugged “I have to study up on the topic because I don’t know all that much about it” I added.
“Oh, ok” Nathan said.
“I’ll be in my room” I said, placing the bowl in the sink and taking off to my bedroom to get some study done.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love comments,
1 would be nice :P

For those that have commented, thanks so much :)
I don't know how to tag in the aurthors note, if not I'd tag all my commenters :P
but know that i love any comments and I love all readers, and most of all
I love this story :)

If anyone comments by 6pm tonight and I see it, I shall give a second update :P

Simz <3