Status: Active <3

Trouble

New Friend

I made the short trip to work early in the morning, I had a 6 am shift start, so I had driven to work, not wanting to walk in the dark.
When I got into the hospital, I noticed the silence, I liked it this way, it was nice.
I walked through the halls, greeting a few people who were lingering around.
Lilly was in the locker room, she shot me a smile “Hey” She said.
“Hi” I smiled, placing my bag on the bench and grabbing my phone before putting my things away.
“How’s things?” Lilly asked.
“Same same” I shrugged.
“I saw Dr Stamford leaving earlier” Lilly announced.
“Mmm” I mumbled.
“He gave me a look” Lilly grinned.
I sighed, I hadn’t told Lilly the background on Ryan as I didn’t know if I could or not, I knew she could be trusted, but I still didn’t want to tell her, if she liked him, it might stop her from making a move, and it’d be in my best interest for Ryan to be dating.
“Did he?” I asked.
“Mmm, but I think that he’s just being friendly” Lilly sighed.
“Ry is like that” I shrugged.
“You call him Ry?” Lilly asked, raising an eyebrow.
I hesitated “Ryan and I go way back” I shrugged.
“Maybe you could talk to him” Lilly said.
I sighed “We’re not really on good terms right now, I don’t think he’d appreciate me trying to hook him up with you, he’s kind of steering clear of work relationships” I shrugged.
“Oh” Lilly sighed sadly.
“But if you took a shot, I don’t know” I said.
“Thanks” Lilly said “But I actually think that’s a fair point about steering clear of work relationships” she said.
“They don’t ever seem to work out here” I commented.
“Have there been some?” Lilly asked.
I nodded “And the ones in the relationship always end up falling apart, they have to leave in the end” I sighed.
“Oh” Lilly sighed.
“Mmm, anyway, we should get to work” I said, turning.
“I’m taking the rooms across from you, race?” Lilly asked, grinning.
I rolled my eyes, she liked to have a joke, which was a good thing, I needed a good laugh sometimes.

At the end of my shift, I met Lilly along the way to the break room.
“Heading home?” She asked.
“I was going to grab something to eat first” I shrugged.
“Had the same idea, there’s a nice café on the edge of Pitten street, want to join me?” Lilly asked.
“Sounds good” I said, grabbing my bag from my locker as we reached the room “I’m going to change” I said, grabbing my spare clothes.
Lilly nodded and for half an hour we went off to change.
We then made our way to the café, I drove, following her as she drove her mini copper along.
We reached the café shortly and went in to order.
“They have amazing burgers” Lilly announced.
“Sounds perfect right now, I’m so hungry” I breathed.
“Baby’s making you over eat?” Lilly asked.
“No, I’ve always been a big eater” I shrugged.
“Really?” Lilly questioned.
“Why?” I asked.
“You’re three months pregnant and you don’t look it” Lilly shrugged.
“Hey, I work hard to keep this thin, trust me, it’s not just a fast metabolism” I shrugged.
Lilly and I talked for a long time, I was glad to be able to have this with someone else, I had for a long time only had Ashley to talk to, and as amazing as she is, lately with all the wedding planning, she wasn’t much fun.
After we had eaten and drank our fair share of coffees and teas, mine being all decaf.
Lilly and I made our way to the cars.
“See you tomorrow” Lilly commented as I clicked to unlock the car.
I smiled “See you” I said.

As I entered the apartment I smiled, Nathan was asleep on the couch, the TV blaring.
I placed my things on the bench lightly and walked over to him, dropping down, he still didn’t wake up.
“Nate” I breathed, leaning over to him, my lips touching his ear.
He groaned.
“Wake up” I whispered.
“Urgh” he groaned again.
“Lazy” I announced, attempting to get up, Nathan grabbed me, his eyes flickering open “I’m not lazy” he exclaimed, tickling my sides, causing me to giggle.
“No?” I asked through laughter.
“No, I’ve been working, I’m just taking a …” He began.
“Nanna nap?” I asked, earning fake frown from Nathan.
“How come you’re home so late?” Nathan asked, looking at the clock, it was 4:30.
“I had lunch with Lilly” I said.
“The nurse from yesterday?” Nathan asked.
I nodded.
“That’s good, you made a friend” Nathan said, pretending to talk in a daddy voice.
I slapped him lightly on the chest as I slid from his arms “What are you watching?” I asked.
“I was watching the football, but it’s finished” Nathan said.
“So why not get back to work then?” I asked.
“Because I was waiting for you to get home, and then I fell asleep” Nathan sighed.
“Poor baby, are you still sleepy?” I asked, running a hand along his cheek lightly.
Nathan growled at me, turning and capturing my fingers in his mouth, nibbling them.
“I take that as a no” I giggled.
Nathan stopped now, he turned, placing his hands on my waist and pulling me so I was straddling him on the couch.
I grinned, placing my hands either side of him on the back of the couch and moving slightly, causing him to groan again.
I loved that we were back here, that we were slowly beginning to fall back into how adventurous and sexy we were in the beginning.
I hoped that we could stay like this forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait!!
Hi to any new readers,
comments= LOVE,
I will update again later if someone comments! :P

Simz<3