Status: Active <3

Trouble

Wedding Bells

The wedding was as amazing as I thought it would be, after the main meal there was a 2nd main, which I had to explain to Ashley would mean that they would be courses, not mains.
Then dessert.
Ashley and Brian took photo’s with the cake, and cut it, it was a beautiful white cake, with pink swirls, very Ash.
I sat back as they cut the cake, watching from Nathan’s table, his hand curled around mine lightly.
“Hey” He said after Ashley and Brian walked off to talk to other people after the cake cutting.
“I did a lot of brainstorming this morning, shall we go work on a distraction?” Nathan’s voice sounded, low in my ear.
I nodded, sliding from the chair and following him, his hand still holding onto mine.
“Were are we going?” I asked.
The reception place was connected to a hotel, I had thought his train of thought had gone right to that.
Nathan didn’t respond as he pulled me alone.
“Nate” I frowned.
“Just, be patient” Nathan sounded, continuing to pull me along.
I sighed, tapping my heals against the ground as we walked.
When we finally stopped, I noticed a beautiful rose garden, filled with red and white roses, small tea lights lit the path towards a beautiful old fashioned bench, with rose petals scattered across it.
“What…” I attempted.
Nathan smiled, pulling me closer to the bench “Sit down” he said, so I did, I sat perched on the edge of the bench, looking up at him.
“Nate, this is beautiful, but I’m not doing it on a bench…” I attempted.
Nathan chuckled lightly and shook his head “It’s like you think I have a one track mind” he said.
I raised an eyebrow, causing him to roll his eyes.
Nathan handed me a small book, it was personalised, professionally made.
“Read it” he said softly.
“Now?” I asked.
Nathan nodded.
I sighed, opening the first page.
*For a long time, I’ve felt for you, more love than I ever knew possible*
*You were so amazing to me, so perfect*
*And I had to have you*
*I made some mistakes*
*Big mistakes*
*And I regret lying*
*But knowing now that I have you*
*I feel happy*
*I feel like my life is complete with you in it*
*And with our baby*
*Everything will be perfect*
*I love you so much*
*Look down*

I frowned at the last page, but did what it said, looking down as I placed the book down.
Nathan was on one knee, an opened ring box in his hand, revealing a beautiful, diamond ring, a different one from the first one.
“Marry me” Nathan breathed.
My eyes widened, Was he really doing this, now?
“Nate…” I attempted.
“Before you go all bridesmaidzilla on me and state that this is Ashley’s day and us getting engaged will ruin it, I’ve already spoken to her, she told me that she thought it was a perfect idea” Nathan said.
How did he know that’s what I was thinking, how did he know that my reaction would be something of that nature?
“The ground’s kind of gravely” Nathan announced, smiling weakly at me.
I leant down, grabbing both his hands, the ring right in the middle “I might need to think about it” I said, a mischievous smile crossing my face.
Nathan instantly grinned, pulling the ring from the box and grabbing my hand “You’re the meanest fiancé ever” He announced, getting up and sitting beside me.
“When did you plan all of this?” I asked.
“A week ago” Nathan shrugged.
“A week?” I asked.
Nathan nodded “Well, this idea began a week ago, the idea of asking you has been around for a while, but you knew that” Nathan shrugged.
“And Ash was on board with the idea?” I asked.
Nathan nodded “I knew that I needed to as her first because I didn’t want to impose on the wedding, but she doesn’t think of it that way, she thinks of it as sharing the day with you, the day she got married is the day you got engaged” he explained.
“I love you” I announced, kissing him on the cheek lightly.
“The cheek, really?” Nathan asked, raising an eyebrow.
I rolled my eyes, leaning towards him and pressing my lips to his, I kissed him softly and slowly, lovingly, this moment would forever be etched in my mind as perfect.

As we walked back into the reception hall, I spotted Ashley, she was laughing with some of her other friends, as soon as she spotted me, she ran over, grabbing my hand.
“You know if he hadn’t don’t it I’d think you were crazy” I announced.
Ashley just squealed and grabbed me into a hug “I’m so happy for you two” She exclaimed.
“Thanks Ash” I smiled, hugging her back.
“So we need to start planning your wedding A-SAP” Ashley announced.
I bit my lip “Let’s just get through this one first” I said.
“I’m going to mingle some more, but we will talk later before I leave” Ashley announced, kissing me on the cheek before taking off.
“You ok?” Nathan asked, I guess I spaced out for a second.
I smiled and nodded “I’m perfect” I answered.
“Yes you are” Nathan said, kissing my shoulder lightly before pushing me towards the table he was sitting at earlier, he pulled me down so I was sitting on him in the chair.
“You know there are plenty of chairs around” I commented.
“Mmm, but this is more fun” Nathan shrugged, leaning up and pressing his lips to mine lightly.
“We should dance” I announced as he pulled away.
“Do you not know me?” Nathan asked.
“Mmm, I know you can’t dance, but for me, would you?” I asked.
Nathan sighed “You’re in luck because, I’d do anything for you” he said, kissing me again before sliding me off his lap and grabbing one hand, pulling me to the dance floor, where a slow song was playing.
And we danced, swaying to the music, enjoying spending this time together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would mean I'd post a 2nd update for the day :P

Simz <3