Status: Active <3

Trouble

Fallen

The sounds surrounding me were familiar ones, beeping, buzzing, rustling, I encountered them on a daily basis, what was not familiar, was the fact that my mind was foggy, that as my eyes flickered open, the bright lights shone above me, and I was lying down, flat on a hospital bed, a hand lightly curled around my own, soft murmurs heard from the side.
“She’s waking up” A familiar voice sounded, female, friendly, I knew it was Ashley.
“Move back, give her some space” A more harsher female voice, older, firmer, but soft, I knew it was my mother.
My eyes focused on the light, on the room, and slowly but surely my vision was right again, and I spotted around me all the people that I loved, Ashley, My mother, my father and as I looked to the side I sighed, spotting a very dishevelled looking Nathan, his eyes were blood shot, his hair was a mess, nothing about him was normal.
“Nate” I whispered.
A small smile broke the sad look on his face, his eyes, which had looked dull and broken, now shone slightly “Hey” he said softly.
“What happened?” I asked.
Nathan’s expression changed completely, he attempted to talk, but it seemed as though the words just couldn’t come out.
“You don’t remember?” Ashley asked.
I shook my head.
“You were treating a patient, they were high on drugs and wanted more but you wouldn’t give them any, they stabbed you Sim” Ashley breathed.
I looked down, something felt wrong, something felt different.
“You were in surgery for a long time, in recovery for a few days, they had to put you in a induced coma” My mother’s voice sounded, cracking in the end.
My hand instinctively fell to my stomach “The, the baby” I whispered.
No one spoke, not for a few seconds, until Nathan’s voice sounded “She, She was in a position, right, right where the knife went in” he whispered, his voice shaky “They tried to save her, but, but they couldn’t, they performed a c section, she, she was already gone” he trembled, he was shaking, his hand shook mine and as I looked at him, I spotted fresh tears on his cheeks, which sprouted fresh tears from my own eyes “No” I croaked.
“Honey…” my mum began.
“Could everyone please leave” I whispered, my voice emotionless.
Ashley nodded, her hand holding onto my spare hand for a second before she took off.
My mother and father hesitated before taking off too.
“Nathan” I breathed.
“You want me to go?” Nathan asked, his voice croaky.
I shook my head “I love you” I whispered, more tears falling.
Nathan leant up, shaking his head and wiping away my tears “I love you so much” he whispered.
“How long was I in the coma?” I mumbled.
“Only a few days, they just needed the wound to heal, you lost a lot of blood during surgery” Nathan breathed.
“And, did you see her?” I whispered, almost too soft to hear.
Nathan nodded, his face falling “She was so tiny” he whispered “But she was beautiful” he added.
I felt my eyes fill with tears “What happened to her?” I asked.
“They kept the body, they asked me to organise funeral preparations” Nathan sighed “I couldn’t do it, How could I do it?” he asked, his voice breaking “I thought I was going to lose you, I couldn’t think about anything but being beside you…” he attempted.
“Nate, it’s ok” I whispered “We can do it together” I mumbled.
“Your mother and Ashley helped out, but we didn’t want to do anything until you woke up” Nathan said.
I closed my eyes for a second “We didn’t even have a name” I whispered.
“We talked about it though” Nathan reminded me.
“It’s not the same, we have to decide on one, she may be gone, but we can’t just leave her with no name” I breathed, my voice hitching in my throat.
“How about the first name we discussed” Nathan said softly.
“Kaitlyn?” I asked.
Nathan nodded.
“Ok” I whispered “Kaitlyn Daimler” I breathed.
Nathan squeezed my hand lightly and kissed me on the forehead, not saying anything more.

A few friends at the hospital came through to see me throughout the day, though I was in no mood for visitors, I just wanted time with Nathan.
When Lilly came by, she smiled a small smile “Hey” She said.
“Hi Lil” I breathed.
“How you feeling?” Lilly asked.
“The same way I look” I sighed.
Lilly offered me a small smile again “So you’re feeling hot?” she asked.
I didn’t have the heart to smile at that, I just felt sick.
“They charged the guy a few hours ago by the way, thought you should know” Lilly said.
Nathan growled slightly “I’ll kill him if I ever see him” he hissed.
“Nate” I breathed.
“He’s right to be angry, this guy was insane to do what he did, he should never have been let through with a knife, I don’t know how he got past triage” Lilly sighed.
“We were understaffed” I sighed.
“I’m glad you’re remembering” Lilly said.
I had lost that memory of what had happened, but some glimmers were coming back to me, which was a good sign.
“Mmm” I mumbled.
“Well I’ll let you be now, I’m working later so I’ll pop in, I think I’m on this floor” Lilly said.
“Thanks Lil” I sighed.
Lilly took off now and I turned to Nathan “Don’t say things like that” I breathed.
“What?” Nathan frowned.
“That you’ll kill the guy who did this, Nate, I know you feel like you need to protect me and be all macho, but…” I attempted.
“He killed our baby” Nathan breathed “He almost killed you” he added.
I sighed and nodded “I know, but Nate if something happens to him, people will suspect you” I breathed.
“What could happen to him?” Nathan asked.
“I don’t know, he is an addict, anything could happen, I just don’t want you to be in the line of fire” I breathed.
“Anything that does happen, could damn well be because of me, if I ever see him on the streets…” Nathan began.
“It’s a good thing you don’t know what he looks like then” I sighed.
“Maybe it is” Nathan breathed back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments get updates quicker :P

Thanks to those who do comment!

Silent readers, I appreciate any of you also (Thanks for reading)
But I'd love some feedback on the story, the characters, the plot, what you think will happen next.. :P

Simz <3