Status: Active <3

Trouble

Ended

As I reached Dean’s, I could feel my heart beating heavily in my chest, I felt physically sick.
Having no idea how he’d react to this, that’s what got at me.
I knocked on the door, letting out a breath.
Dean answered it “I thought you had work” He breathed, he didn’t even say hello, or welcome me in the way he should have.
“I do, later” I frowned.
“Right” Dean breathed, moving aside to let me in.
“What are you so pissed off at me for?” I demanded.
“You left for no damn reason last night, you were being stupid” Dean pointed out.
“I was being stupid? For wanting to go out?” I demanded.
“Yes” Dean frowned.
“You are the one who was being stupid, you think that everything’s your decision, that I shouldn’t have a say” I muttered.
“I give you plenty of say” Dean breathed.
“See, the thing is, it should be a joint decision all the time with us” I announced.
“Fine” Dean said, shaking his head “If this conversation is over, I’m getting ready for work” He added.
“Really?” I frowned “You’re going to end the conversation with that, you’re not going to apologise?” I demanded.
“I don’t have anything to apologise for” Dean shrugged.
“You… You are such an asshole” I exclaimed angrily, I guess I was overreacting a little, but I was mad at what a prick Dean was being.
“Calm down babe, geez, it’s not that big of a deal” Dean said.
That was the thing that pushed me over, it was always his way, to pacify me.
“I slept with Nathan last night” I hissed, my eyes dead on his, it was in no way the right way to tell him, but I was angry, and this was my way of hurting him.
Dean said nothing at first, his eyes widened, and his face froze, he stared at me, shaking.
“Excuse me?” He demanded after a long silence.
“You heard me” I breathed.
“You, you slept with him?” Dean demanded, I couldn’t tell if he was angry or upset, or both, but something flickered in his eyes.
“Yes” I said quickly, not moving my eyes from his.
Dean shook slightly, his hands bawling into fists “You told me he didn’t have a thing for him” He breathed out, now I could tell what he was feeling, it was anger.
“Yeah, I lied” I breathed.
“So have you been sleeping with him behind my back the whole time?” Dean demanded angrily.
“No” I frowned.
“Why tell me?” Dean frowned.
“Because believe it or not Dean, I have been feeling that we are falling apart and I, I can’t do it anymore, I can’t be with you” I breathed.
“You’re breaking up with me, for him?” Dean demanded.
“No, but I will be with him now” I said, shaking my head.
Dean grabbed my arm angrily, his grip tightly “To hell you are” he hissed.
“Dean” I said slowly.
He pulled my arm roughly, dragging me towards the lounge room “You are not breaking up with me” he snapped.
“Stop” I hissed, pulling my arm away from him “We’ve been over for a long time Dean, you can’t have not seen it” I breathed.
“Why would you choose him? Why would you leave a relationship that’s solid, that is real, for a flighty, financially unsecure loser?” Dean snapped.
“Nathan makes me feel like I’m special to him, he makes me happy in way’s you never did” I breathed.
“You’ve been with him for what, 2 minutes? Sure he likes you when you’re sleeping with him, but what says he will when it’s a real relationship, I take you with the good and the bad, you’re stupid of you think that Nathan will stay with you in the long run” Dean breathed.
“I’m willing to take that chance” I shrugged, standing up.
Dean grabbed my arm again, this time more roughly than the first, pain rocketed through me, but I found the strength to pull my arm away.
“Goodbye Dean” I breathed, taking off.
I slammed shut his front door, tears in my eyes as I looked down at my arm, a red mark was beginning to cover it, and pain burned the skin.
I knew that he’d be mad, but to think he could hurt me in this way, I didn’t think he was capable of it.

When I got home, I attempted to quickly sneak to my room.
No luck, Nathan was in the kitchen.
“Hey, how’d it…” He began, as soon as he saw my face, he crossed the room, placing his hands gently on the sides of my arms “What happened?” he asked, rubbing my arms gently.
“I’m fine” I whispered, my voice broken.
Nathan looked at my right hand, it was bawled up into a fist fighting the pain, he grabbed my hand lightly, looking at my arm, noticing the red, well, now purple colour.
“That son of a…” He began.
“I deserved it” I whispered, cutting him off.
“No, no you didn’t” Nathan frowned, placing his hand gently on my cheek “He shouldn’t have laid a finger on you” he added.
“And he did, he was angry Nathan, I don’t blame him” I mumbled.
“You’re shaking” Nathan noted, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me over to the couch.
“I’m ok” I repeated, shaking my head.
“Do you have bruise cream, or…” Nathan began.
“I have to get ready for work” I mumbled, attempting to move from his hold.
“Call in sick” Nathan said.
I shook my head “I’m ok, honestly, and I can get some bruise cream there” I said, successfully pulling myself away from his tender hold.
“I don’t know why you have to be so stubborn” Nathan sighed.
I didn’t say anything, I just went to my room to change, I started work in half an hour.
Nathan walked by me as I exited my room “Do you want a lift to work?” he asked.
“I have a bruised arm, I’m capable of driving myself” I snapped, frustration getting the better of me.
Nathan’s face fell slightly “Ok, sorry” He sighed.
I rubbed my temples lightly, shaking my head “No, I’m sorry” I said, sighing “I just, I didn’t think he’d be so, violent” I mumbled, Nathan sighed, pulling me into a gently hold again, it felt good to have him so close by, to have him hold me, making me feel safe.
“I’m going to talk to him” Nathan announced.
I shook my head “Please, don’t, you’ll only make it worse” I said “I’m fine, and we never have to see him again” I shrugged.
“Are you sure?” Nathan asked.
“I’m positive Nath” I said.
“Ok, fine” Nathan sighed, letting me go but still holding on to my hand “Have fun at work” He said, smiling weakly.
“I kind of need that” I said, motioning towards my hand.
Nathan looked at our hands for a second “Mmm, Do I have to?” He asked.
I smiled a small smile “Yeah, you do” I said.
Nathan sighed, letting my hand go “See you later” he said.
I nodded, grabbing my stuff and taking off.