Status: Active <3

Trouble

What does REAL even mean?

As my work day ended, I felt a wave of relief wash over me, I was happy to finally be able to get home and rest.
I grabbed my things from my locker and signed out before making my way out of the hospital.
I walked slowly to my car, sliding in and making the short trip home.
For a few minutes I sat in the car, thinking to myself.
Was I kidding myself with Nathan?
Was it all a teenage fantasy? Played out from when we use to know each other?
It felt real, but at first things with Dean felt real too.
I shook myself from my thoughts, making my way up to the apartment.
When I got inside, I noticed a candle and a rose on the dining table.
Nathan was in the kitchen, whatever he was cooking smelt amazing.
I put my keys down, grabbing his attention.
“Hey” he smiled.
“Hi” I said slowly.
“I hope you’re hungry” Nathan commented.
“You’re cooking” I breathed, it was a statement, rather than a question.
Nathan smiled his warm smile at me “I thought we should do this properly, starting with me making you dinner” he said.
“You don’t have to prove anything to me” I pointed out.
“I know, but this is something I wanted to do” Nathan shrugged.
“When did you get back?” I asked.
“I had a short day today, so I’ve been back a while” Nathan answered.
I put my bag on the table and walked into the kitchen, looking to see what he was making.
“You made your mum’s roast and mash?” I asked.
“You remember” Nathan said.
“How can I not, your mum made it all the time” I said.
“I put my own spin on it though, it’s not her traditional recipe” Nathan shrugged.
“Oh, what did you do?” I asked.
“I put sour cream and chives in the mash and I did this stuffing thing with the meat” Nathan said.
“Fancy” I grinned.
“I’m trying to make an effort” Nathan said.
I smiled “I appreciate that”.
“How’s your arm?” Nathan asked.
“It’s fine, I got some cream for the bruise” I shrugged.
“He’s left a few messages on the machine” Nathan commented.
“Oh” I said, frowning.
“I thought about deleting them, but I didn’t know if you wanted to hear what he had to say” Nathan said.
“Did you listen?” I asked curiously.
Nathan shook his head “It’s none of my business” He said.
“Mmm, I’m going to delete them” I said, walking to the machine and clicking the message button, I quickly erased the messages “I don’t care what he has to say” I shrugged, walking back over and placing my hand lightly on Nathan’s arm, he spun around, grasping my hand lightly before leaning towards me and kissing me on the lips gently.
When he pulled away, his forehead pressed against mine “You going to have a shower before dinner?” He asked.
“Is that you way of telling me I stink? Because you kind of just ruined the moment” I giggled.
“No, but I know you like having a shower after work” Nathan shrugged.
“Mmm, I’ll be back in five” I said “Unless you care to join” I added, grinning.
“You go, I’ll get dinner ready” Nathan said.
“Really?” I asked curiously, a small frown on my face.
“Don’t think I don’t want to” Nathan breathed, looking me up and down “But, in saying that, we really can’t let this be about, that” He sighed.
I felt myself smile at this, I went back over to him and quickly kissed him on the lips “You’re amazing” I breathed.
“Thanks?” Nathan questioned.
I rolled my eyes “I’ll tell you why later” I said before taking off to shower.

When I finished, I went back out, Nathan had the food ready and was just about to place the plates down.
“Something about this picture just turns me on” I grinned.
“The domestic god I am” Nathan smirked.
I nodded, walking over to the table and smiling as Nathan pulled out the chair for me, he kissed me on the shoulder lightly as I sat down before sitting on a chair beside me.
“Don’t tell your mum this, but this smells almost better than hers” I said.
“Just taste it and see if it’s as good” Nathan sounded.
I nodded and we began eating, chatting in between mouthfuls.
Conversation just flowed, it was so easy with Nathan.
When we finished dinner, Nathan went into the kitchen, bringing over some chocolate mousse.
“Please tell me you didn’t make this” I said.
“I didn’t” Nathan said.
“Good, because if you did I’d have to have you restraining me” I giggled.
Nathan raised an eyebrow “Maybe I did make it” he smirked.
I rolled my eyes at him and ate another mouthful, Nathan watched me, causing me to frown a little, when I ate the spoonful, I shook my head “What are you staring at?” I asked.
“You’re just so, unbelievable sexy” Nathan said, a grin playing out on his face.
I rolled my eyes again “Mmm, well thank you” I said, putting my spoon down.
“You seem distracted” Nathan commented, his eyes meeting mine again.
“Mmm, I’m just thinking” I sighed.
“About what?” Nathan asked.
“Do you really want to know?” I asked.
Nathan nodded “Believe it or not, I do want to know what you’re thinking and what you’re feeling” he said slowly.
“Well, right now, I just feel like maybe we’re in over our heads” I mumbled.
“Why?” Nathan asked, a frown coating every feature of his face.
“Because it’s us Nathan” I breathed, closing my eyes for a second “You use to be my best friend, we knew everything about each other, and now, now we’re adults, we’re not who we use to be” I breathed.
“See, here’s the thing, I want to know everything about who you are now, I want to be your best friend, I want to be with you” Nathan pointed out.
I bit my lip, shaking my head “Why?” I frowned.
Nathan let out a breath, grabbing my hands “You’re everything I’ve ever wanted” He breathed.
“Mmm, the string of girls was getting boring?” I asked.
Nathan frowned at me “You keep bringing that up like it’s true when it isn’t, I already told you the truth in that” He breathed.
“But the truth was a lie” I frowned, shaking my head “I don’t know why I believed you the first time you said it, 4 is not true, more like 40” I hissed.
Nathan’s face fell “What brought this on?” He demanded.
“It just occurred to me that you spinning this bullshit, putting on your charm, it’s your play” I breathed, standing up.
Nathan stood up too, his eyes dead on mine “You can’t honestly think that all of this was a play to get you to sleep with me?” He breathed.
“Well, isn’t it?” I demanded.
“NO!” Nathan exclaimed, frustration flicking through his eyes “I can’t believe you think that I’d do that to you” He breathed “After last night, after this morning, you don’t even see it” he sighed.
“See what?” I demanded.
“I fuckin love you” Nathan exclaimed, shaking his head and running a hand through his hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I see 1 more subscriber :)

Would love some comments to see who you are :)

Let me know what you think of the story :)

Simz <3