Status: Active <3

Trouble

Darkness

Six months ago, I had hit rock bottom yet again, but I was done with that now, I was done with my life of torment, I was moving on.
I hadn’t seen Nathan since then, he had transferred his treatment and I was getting on with my life properly.
I was on the desk at work today, so I instantly got started, beginning to file things.
“You look busy” A voice sounded.
I looked up and smiled “Well hi there detective” I said.
Mark Keton was a detective at the local police station, he had been coming in on occasion for accident reports and files on cases.
“You’re looking as lovely as ever nurse Varest” Mark smiled.
“Thanks but I’m still saying no” I shrugged, looking back down.
Mark had asked me out a few times and I had always said no, I haven’t been interested in dating.
“How bout just a drink, a few of the team are heading out tonight, and you can’t say you’re tiered because you look as awake as ever” Mark grinned.
I rolled my eyes and looked back up at him.
“It’s not a date?” I questioned.
Mark shook his head.
“I guess I could come for one drink, if I can bring someone” I shrugged.
“As long as you don’t bring a guy” Mark said.
“It’s not a date so why does that matter?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.
“Are you going to bring a guy?” Mark asked.
“No” I shrugged “But how do you know I don’t swing the other way?” I asked.
“No judgment if you do, but you should have told me weeks ago when I started asking you out” Mark grinned.
“I’m into woman” I shrugged, keeping a straight face.
“I’m secretly a woman” Mark smirked.
I rolled my eyes at the man before me and grabbed a paper “This is my number, text me the details” I said.
“Will do” Mark said.
“So do you need something?” I asked.
“No I already got the info from another nurse, I just came to see you” Mark shrugged.
“Ok, well I’m busy so…” I trailed off.
“See you tonight” Mark said, smiling as he turned to walk off.
“Tonight?” Lilly asked as she walked over.
“He asked me to go for a drink, not as a date, I said I’d bring a friend, want to come?” I asked.
“Sure” Lilly shrugged “But I’d be crashing what is so clearly a date” she grinned.
“No” I frowned “And to prove it I’m asking Ashley to come too” I breathed.
“So a double date between you and Ashley and Brian and Mark, and me the fifth wheel” Lilly said.
“No, Bri will not be coming, it’s not a date” I breathed.
“Ok” Lilly grinned.
“You’re annoying” I announced as Lilly walked away.
I went to the storage lockers to grab some files and when I got back, there was a line, meaning more work for me.

I left the hospital in the afternoon and made my way home, Ashley had agreed to go out with us tonight, so she was meeting me at mine to get ready.
I got my dress ready in time, she arrived not long later.
“It’s so a date” Lilly announced as she saw my dress.
“Not a date” I breathed.
“What underwear are you wearing?” Ashley asked, attempting to pull my pants.
“Ashley!” I exclaimed, backing away from her.
Ashley laughed “Oh come on, you are so hot for this guy, you have mentioned him more than a few times since you saw him the first time” Ashley announced.
“So?” I demanded.
“SO, you LOVEEEE him” Ashley grinned.
“Grow up Ashley” I sighed, shaking my head and turning.
“You deserve a little fun Sim, seriously, if he’s interested, and If there is something there, just go for it, even if it doesn’t amount to anything serious, after the time you’ve had I think you just need someone fun” Ashley shrugged.
“I actually agree there, I do want that, but I don’t think Mark is the person for it, he’s different Ash, Mark is super sweet and sensitive, and he’s so nice” I breathed.
“So what, you don’t want to be in a relationship with someone nice?” Ashley asked, raising an eyebrow.
“I just don’t want someone complicated, and Mark is someone I’d see on occasion at work so if things are weird…” I began.
“Then don’t let it be weird” Ashley shrugged.
“Did you bring your clothes?” I asked.
Ashley nodded “By the way, my husband is not happy I’m going out without him tonight, so you and the detective better get it on, then it’d be worth it” She said.
I sighed, ignoring that comment and going to my bed “Go change” I said.
Ashley sighed and went off and I quickly changed, pulling my hair up slightly once I was done.
When Ashley walked back in she looked me up and down “You look amazing” She announced.
“Is it too much?” I frowned “I told him it wasn’t a date so…” I began.
“Stop freaking out” Ashley said, rolling her eyes and pulling me along.

When we got to the bar I spotted Mark sitting at the bar on a stool, alone.
I walked up to him, tapping him on the shoulder “I seem to have been misled” I breathed as he turned around.
“What do you mean?” Mark asked.
“Where’s the other people who were supposed to be here?” I asked.
“They bailed” Mark said “I see your people may be having the same idea” Mark said.
I spun around and frowned as I spotted Ashley leading Lilly away.
“So I guess this might be a date then” I said, to which Mark instantly smiled at.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the encouragement :P

Comments??

Simz <3