Status: Active <3

Trouble

Feel Good

“Nurse, can I get your assistance for a second?” A voice sounded, I was in the blood room today and I had to take a few medical details down before I started.
I spun around and rolled my eyes as I spotted Mark in the doorway “What can I help you with detective?” I asked.
“I think I need a medical exam, my mouth hurts” Mark grinned, nearing me.
“What seems to be the problem?” I asked.
“Well, it hasn’t had enough kisses today” Mark said, leaning towards me and pressing his lips to mine lightly.
We had been dating 5 months and were definitely still in the honeymoon phase of the relationship.
When he pulled away I stepped back “Are you here for a reason?” I asked.
“I had to pick up some paper work, and I had to get that exam” Mark grinned.
“You’re shameless” I commented.
“And you look too good in that uniform” Mark grinned, kissing me again.
“What time do you finish today?” I asked.
“Late, I’m working on this case that’s pretty big” Mark said.
“Oh” I sighed.
“But, I could stop by for a night cap” Mark shrugged.
“Working early tomorrow, I’ll be sleeping” I said.
“Tomorrow arvo?” Mark asked.
“Sounds good” I shrugged.
“I can make you dinner too” Mark said “My place?” he asked.
“Are you sure you’ll be off work?” I asked.
Mark nodded “I’m not on the clock tomorrow afternoon, I’m all yours” He said.
I smiled, leaning up and kissing him again “I’m looking forward to it, now go, I don’t want to get in trouble” I said, shaking my head.
Mark grinned at me before taking off, shaking his bottom as he walked away, causing me to giggle.
I was beyond happy, it was weird.
But it was amazing.
A little while later Lilly walked in.
“I saw your man before” she said.
“Mmm” I sounded.
“I’m so glad you are happy, I can tell you’re happy” Lilly smiled.
“I am, Mark’s amazing” I breathed “He’s just so perfect, and uncomplicated” I sighed.
“He’s also quite easy on the eye’s, which I bet helps” Lilly grinned.
“He’s more than easy on the eyes” I said “Can I ask you something?” I sighed.
Lilly nodded.
“Is it weird for me to have intense feelings for him when we’ve only been dating four months?” I asked “I mean, I really like him, and I have so much fun with him, there’s such a connection, physically, emotionally, everything” I breathed.
“It’s not weird at all” Lilly shrugged.
“OK” I breathed.
“You should tell him” Lilly announced.
“No” I frowned “I’ll be keeping that locked in a while Lil, it’ll just freak him out” I frowned.
“Why?” Lilly asked.
I shook my head “He’s into me and I’m into him, for now that’s working” I shrugged.
“Is that enough for you though?” Lilly asked.
I nodded “After everything else in my life, I’m happy to be taking it easy with Mark, to be enjoying things” I shrugged.
“Ok” Lilly shrugged.
I shrugged her off again and continued on with work.

After work I made the trip home, picking up some dinner on the way.
I changed into a loose t-shirt as soon as I showered and as I was about to sit on the couch, there was a knock on my door.
I sighed and went to answer it.
“I like the look” Mark’s voice sounded as I pulled open the door.
I rested a hand on one hip and frowned “I thought you were working” I said.
“Why? Do you have another guy over? Am I interrupting?” Mark grinned.
I rolled my eyes “Yeah, you are totally interrupting my night with my man on the side” I said, sliding aside “Did you get off work early?” I asked.
“Yep, the case was conflicted” Mark shrugged, sliding into the apartment.
“You should have called me, or texted me, I would have got us something to eat and maybe got dressed” I said.
“I ate at the station, and I don’t mind too much how you’re dressed right now” Mark said, grinning before placing his hands on my waist and pulling me into his chest.
“You do” I said, smiling.
“I do” Mark grinned again, pressing his lips to mine lightly.
My eyes fluttered shut as he kissed me, I melted, feeling so unbelievably relaxed and calm as he held onto me.
I bit my lip as he pulled away, flickering my eyes open “I’m just about to eat” I breathed.
Mark chuckled “Ok” he said letting me go and following me to the couch.
“You sure you’re not hungry?” I asked, pulling my dinner onto my lap.
Mark shook his head, sitting beside me “I’m good” he shrugged.
“How was work?” I asked.
“Boring today, after I was at the hospital I was stuck in the office” Mark sighed “I’m tempted to demote myself, detective work isn’t as awesome as I thought” He said.
“It can’t be all about chasing bad guys” I reminded him.
“Mmm, but it seems like I haven’t done any of that, and that’s the part I loved about the job, all I’m doing is filing paper work, the only good thing is that I’m at the hospital almost every day and that means I get to see you” Mark said.
“That’s so lame” I giggled.
Mark rolled his eyes at me “Why are you so mean?” He asked.
“I’m so sorry detective, is being mean to an officer an offence?” I grinned, raising an eyebrow.
“Not an offence I could prosecute, but I could find a way to punish you for it” Mark smirked.
“You are gross” I proclaimed.
“Aren’t I just” Mark said, kissing my neck lightly.
“I’d stop you but that feels good” I breathed, closing my eyes for a second.
Mark grinned against my skin, using his tongue to trace the skin.
“I have to finish my food” I breathed, my voice coming out soft.
Mark slid aside, he was grinning as I looked at him “You’re an ass” I announced.
“Mmm, I know” Mark grinned.
I finished eating and as soon as I did, Mark shot me a devilish look, causing me to roll my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
...