Status: Active <3

Trouble

History

I woke up with a pair of arms securing me into a hold, smiling I turned, meeting the blue eyes I had been beginning to fall in love with “Hi” I whispered.
Mark smiled back “Good morning” he said.
“I’m glad you came over last night” I announced “But now I don’t want to get up for work” I breathed, glancing at the clock, it was six am, I had to leave soon.
Mark trailed his hands to my waist “Maybe you could be late for the first time ever” he breathed.
I bit my lip “I so wish I could” I said.
Mark moved, pressing his lips to mine lightly, kissing me gently.
I groaned, pulling away “I really have to change and get going” I sighed.
“You’re pretty” Mark announced.
Causing me to laugh and slid from his grasp “You’re working right?” I asked.
“Cancelled because of the case being compromised” Mark sighed.
“You can hang here if you want” I shrugged “You know where the spare key is if you want to go” I said.
“I’ll make you dinner” Mark announced.
“I don’t have much in the fridge” I shrugged.
“I’ll go and buy some stuff” Mark said.
“Ok” I shrugged again, turning for my wardrobe and grabbing my uniform.
“You know I like that shirt you’re wearing” Mark smirked as I bent down.
I rolled my eyes, throwing my slipper at him before going into my bathroom to change.
When I went back out Mark had his back to me, he was flicking through his phone shirtless.
“Now I like this view” I announced.
He spun around and rolled his eyes “So you can perv on me but I can’t do the same?” he demanded.
“Yep” I grinned “I’m heading off” I added.
“Breakfast?” Mark commented.
“I’ll grab something later at work” I said, grabbing my bag from the floor.
“Ok, well I’ll see you tonight” Mark said, sitting on the bed.
I walked over to him and leant down, he instantly pressed his lips to mine, trying to pull me down.
I pulled back “See you later” I said, rolling my eyes at him and turning.
I grabbed my phone on the way out and made the short drive to work, getting there just in time.
I got to work in emergency, it was the only ward I hated, because it was hard work.
I got straight into it, checking people over as quick as I could because in emergency that’s how you had to work.
Once my shift was over I was exhausted, I had been working non-stop, apart from a short break, I just wanted to get home and collapse.

I arrived home, smiling as I pushed open the door and smelt food cooking, I walked into the kitchen and spotted Mark “Hey” I said.
“Hi, you’re just in time” Mark smiled.
“Need a hand?” I asked.
Mark shook his head “Nope, you go shower and change, I’ll get things finished” he said.
“Are you sure?” I questioned.
Mark nodded “Go” he said, pointing.
I walked slowly to the bathroom, taking a long shower before going back to the kitchen where Mark had dinner ready “This looks really good” I commented.
“Are you surprised?” Mark asked.
I nodded “I am, because how can there be so much perfect in one man” I said, rolling my eyes.
“I don’t like that tone of voice” Mark said, chuckling lightly.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about” I said, grinning.
Mark shook his head, pulling out my chair “Just sit” he said.
“You’ve been cooking all day?” I asked.
“Not really, I had to go out to buy stuff, but most of the day yeah” Mark shrugged.
“It smells good, but how does it taste?” I asked.
Mark turned and plated some of the salmon he had made “You tell me” he said, handing a plate to me before sitting across from me.
I took a forkful, it tasted amazing.
Once I had finished that fork of salmon I looked up “Seriously, is there anything you can’t do?” I asked.
“I doubt it” Mark smirked.
“This is amazing, who taught you to cook?” I questioned, eating some more.
“My mum, since my dad did nothing she thought it was important that I learnt how to cook and do things, she didn’t want the woman I ended up with to resent me like she did my dad” Mark sighed.
“Your mum is just amazing” I announced “How is she by the way?” I asked.
“She’s good, I talked to her yesterday, she’s thinking of coming down for a few weeks soon” Mark shrugged.
Mark’s mum was a lovely lady, she and I had met a month ago when she came to town for business.
“She wants to have breakfast with us” Mark added.
“Mmm, well when she’s in town let me know and we can organise” I shrugged.
“She likes you” Mark commented “Which is funny because she’s never liked any of my other girlfriends” he said.
“Really?” I asked.
Mark nodded “She thinks you’re pretty great” he said.
“My mum thinks you’re amazing too, to an extent that I thought she wanted to date you if she wasn’t still with my father” I said.
“She does?” Mark asked.
I nodded “So much more than she liked any other of my boyfriends, when she found out I was dating…” I began, but then it occurred to me, I was about to mention by name the person who had caused me the most hurt I had ever experienced in my life, for the first time in a long time, so I stopped myself.
“Ryan” I said, changing my story “When I started dating Ryan she didn’t like the idea” I breathed.
Mark knew everything about Nathan, about what had happened, and since I had told him, I hadn’t mentioned his name again, I didn’t want to start now.
“Ryan? The jackass doctor?” Mark asked.
I nodded.
“I thought she liked him” Mark frowned.
I bit my lip “Yeah, I…” I began.
“You meant Nathan” Mark said slowly.
I sighed and nodded.
“You can mention him by name” Mark pointed out.
“I don’t want to mention him by name, I don’t even want to think about him” I breathed.
“Ok” Mark said slowly.
“Sorry” I sighed, shaking my head.
“No, I get it” Mark breathed.
“I get frustrated when I think about him, I get mad and I get all this mix of emotions” I sighed.
“You have a history with the guy, I get it” Mark shrugged.
“My history with him is history, it’s in the past, I need to get over it” I shrugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Chap up :P

Hopefully I can get another one in tomorrow :P

Simz <3