Status: Active <3

Trouble

NO

“Have you heard?” Lilly asked as soon as I walked into the break room at work for the beginning of my break.
“Heard what?” I asked.
“Ryan’s appealed to work here again” Lilly announced.
I frowned “What?” I demanded.
“Apparently none of the other hospitals would take him because of what happened” Lilly said.
“So he thinks this one will?” I demanded.
“He apparently thinks he has the cure for cancer” Lilly sounded.
“Excuse me?” I demanded.
“Yeah, some new drug he discovered not too long ago” Lilly said.
“No, he’s only doing this to get at me” I breathed.
“What do you mean?” Lilly asked.
“Don’t you get it, why would he use cancer as his pull?” I demanded.
“I don’t know” Lilly sighed.
“Lil” I breathed.
“So maybe it was to get at you, but should it really? You’re not with Nathan any more, it shouldn’t bother you” Lilly pointed out.
I sighed “But it does” I said.
“Why?” Lilly asked.
“Because Ryan is attacking that side of me and I don’t like it” I sighed.
“He probably won’t get back into the hospital, the appeal won’t go through” Lilly sounded.
“How do you know?” I frowned.
“They’d want proof, if he doesn’t have it, then they will exile him completely” Lilly said.
“How do you know all of this anyway” I asked.
“My new boyfriend’s on the board” Lilly shrugged.
“Really?” I asked.
Lilly nodded.
“How come you’ve never mentioned him?” I asked.
“We’ve kind of been keeping it on the DL, I didn’t want to jinx it” Lilly shrugged.
“So how long have you been dating then?” I questioned.
“Two months” Lilly smiled.
“Which member?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Henson” Lilly sighed, closing her eyes.
“Greg?” I asked.
Lilly nodded.
“Good work Lil, he’s cute” I grinned.
“Thanks” Lilly smiled.
“I should get to the desk” I said.
Lilly nodded, waving me along.
I got to work filing things and halfway into my shift, a clearing of a throat alerted me to someone being in front of me.
I looked up and almost fell off the chair at who I saw.
“I thought you were leaving” I breathed, hating how my voice sounded.
“I was, I am, I just had to come and pick up my old files here” Nathan breathed, his tone of voice was cold and emotionless, and it hurt me more than I wanted to let on.
“Ok” I breathed, turning.
“You can mail them to me” Nathan’s voice sounded.
I frowned, turning back to him “Are you serious? You can’t stand being this close to me for a second while I look for the file?” I demanded.
“If you want honesty, yeah” Nathan breathed.
I shook my head “So we both blame each other, that’s that, you’re leaving, I’m moving on, just suck it up for two second while I look for your damn file” I snapped.
“Fine” Nathan sighed.
I turned back, looking through the cabinet for the file, when I turned around with it, I jumped, Mark was heading in the direction of the desk.
“Here” I breathed.
“Thanks” Nathan breathed back, though his thankyou didn’t sound at all real.
“You know what” I sounded, lowly so that no one could hear “I’m glad you’re leaving, knowing I’ll never see you again, and I mean really this time, it helps me a lot because that anger I feel bubbling up inside of me, it will go away with you” I hissed as he grabbed the folder.
“Fine” Nathan said, shaking his head and turning with the file, he stepped past Mark as he did so, Mark reached the desk, looking at me carefully “You look mad” he said “Everything ok?” he asked.
I nodded “Fine, everything’s fine” I sighed.
“You sure?” Mark asked “Who was that?” he added.
“Do you need info?” I asked.
“Actually I need my girlfriend to follow me” Mark said, reaching over the desk and grabbing my hand, guiding me to the other side.
I noticed Nathan was watching, and as soon as he saw me looking, he turned to walk away, a look in his eye that proved to me his anger and his bitterness was all an act.
“What are we doing? I’m in the middle of my shift” I sounded.
“Shhh” Mark said, grinning as he pulled me along.
We reached one of the practiced rooms and Mark pushed me in, shutting the door behind us.
“Mark, seriously” I sighed.
Mark rolled his eyes, pulling something from his pocket “I wanted to show you something” he said.
“OK” I said slowly, a little afraid of what he was planning.
Mark handed me what he had gotten, it was a piece of paper.
“What is this?” I asked.
“This is an accommodation listing” Mark shrugged.
I looked closer “Fiji?” I asked.
Mark nodded “Interested?” he questioned.
“You want to take me to Fiji?” I asked.
Mark nodded again.
“Wow” I breathed “And it couldn’t wait till tonight?” I asked.
“No, I was coming here anyway and I was too excited” Mark shrugged.
I smiled, this was something I loved about him, his enthusiasm, his energy.
“So?” Mark asked.
“I would love to go to Fiji” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
:P