Status: Active <3

Trouble

Complicated

I sighed as I slid into my apartment, it had been 3 weeks since Nathan and I got back together, and things had been going great, we had gone on ‘dates’, trying to start from the beginning, but knowing so much about the person you’re dating makes it hard.
I had been feeling bad the past few day’s, something wasn’t right, but I couldn’t put my finger on what it was, until today.
I sighed, holding onto the plastic bag in my hands and went to the bathroom.
I couldn’t be, I just couldn’t, but I had to be sure.
I pulled the pregnancy test from the bag and read the instructions before doing what I had to do, and waiting.
I closed my eyes, waiting for the timer on my phone, three minutes felt like hours as I sat.
When it finally went off, I checked.
*Positive*
I dropped the test to the ground, my hands shaking.
I was pregnant, I was having a baby.
But the thing that shook me, was not this.
It was that the father of this child, was not my boyfriend.
Nathan and I hadn’t gotten that far yet, the objective of being slow and all.
No.
Nate wasn’t the father.
Mark was.
And now, things were more complicated than ever.
I jumped as my phone rang, quickly running to grab it.
“Hello?” I sounded, my voice was shaking.
“Hey, are you ok?” Nathan’s voice sounded.
“I’m, fine” I mumbled.
“You don’t sound fine” Nathan frowned.
“Why are you calling?” I asked.
“I thought we could grab lunch since it’s your day off” Nathan said.
“I, uh, I have to do something today” I stumbled.
“Oh, ok, well…” Nathan began.
“Sorry, I have to go” I said quickly.
“Sim…” Nathan attempted.
“I’ll call you later” I said slowly.
“Ok” Nathan said.
I hung up and pushed my phone away, my body shaking, this couldn’t be happening, this couldn’t be true, but I knew it was, pregnancy tests are almost 100%, and now I knew I was in a world of trouble.

I went to the hospital, knowing that no one I knew was around, I got an ultrasound organised, just to be sure.
I jumped as Lilly entered.
“Sim” She sounded.
“Uh, I didn’t know you’d be here” I stumbled out.
“Clearly” Lilly said, her eyes wide “I can’t believe that you might be…” she attempted.
“I’m going to go” I mumbled.
“Let me do it” Lilly said, frowning.
“Ok” I breathed.
Lilly did the ultrasound, she frowned as she did it “you’re pregnant” She announced.
“Almost two months pregnant” She added.
I bit my lip, sliding off the bench “I figured” I sighed.
“So, it’s Mark’s” Lilly sounded, a statement not a question.
I nodded.
“Wow” Lilly breathed.
“I don’t know what to do Lil” I whispered, closing my eyes “Things have been perfect with Nate, we’re back on track, better than ever, and now…” I began.
“It’s complicated, yes, but I’m sure you guys can find a way to deal with it” Lilly said.
“The last time I was pregnant, Lil, everything went to shit, I can’t…” I attempted.
“Just talk to Nathan” Lilly said “You never know how he’ll react” she added.
I nodded “I’m more worried about telling Mark” I sighed “We haven’t spoken for almost a month” I breathed.
“Maybe tell Nathan first, lead up to Mark” Lilly offered.
I sighed “Ok, uh, Lil, can you not tell Ashley about this?” I breathed.
“I won’t tell anyone” Lilly promised.
“Thanks” I breathed, turning for the door, as soon as I stepped out I jumped, almost bumping into someone.
“I’m so sorr…” I began.
I bit my lip as I realised who it was.
“Mark” I whispered.
Mark froze, he shook his head and looked at the door I had exited from “Wow, I was right” he breathed.
I turned, groaning, the door had the ultrasound logo on it.
“No” I breathed “you weren’t” I added.
“So, you’re not just coming from an ultrasound?” Mark demanded.
I sighed “I am” I breathed.
“Right, so I repeat, I was right, we haven’t been broken up a month and…” Mark began.
“It’s yours” I snapped, stopping him.
“What?” Mark demanded.
“It’s your baby” I breathed, shaking my head.
“How do you know it’s mine and not his?” Mark frowned.
“I’m almost two months pregnant Mark, and Nathan and I haven’t gone there yet” I breathed.
“Oh” Mark breathed, shaking his head.
“I don’t expect you to be involved, to be honest I didn’t even want to tell you” I sighed.
“I want to be” Mark said “We ended badly, yes, and I’m sorry for what I said, I, I was mad, I still have that anger about it bottled up, but you’re pregnant with my child and no matter what, I want to be a part of that child’s life” Mark said.
“Ok” I said “I, I guess I’ll keep you updated then” I breathed.
“Ok” Mark said.
“I’ll call you, when I have another ultrasound, or whatever” I said.
“I’d like that, I’d want to be there” Mark said slowly.
“Ok” I breathed, I slid aside and took off, frowning as I walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLO