Rory's Journal [Do Not Open]

July 23rd, 2011

16...
16 years old.
Let me sum up what happened the last few years.
After the whole hospital thing that happened, Jimmy's mother (I call her Aunt Olive) took me to my old house and let me grab my things. My old house had no one in it but a bunch of stuff in it. You'd never imagine how quickly houses can rot and look scary when no one lives in them, because now its creepy and abandoned.. After letting me get my things (and diary, journal...), Aunt Olive took me home to Jimmy's house and well..I've just been living there ever since.
Sometimes I go back to my old house and sit in front of it...just to pretend my life is the way it used to be...
Anyways, today..
Well, I'll just write in this like I usually do.
Jimmy walked up to me as I sat in front of my house, staring into the empty windows and imagining myself playing 'Finley Bros. Master Magic Show' with Bradley again like we used to..
"Hey, bud!" He said, sitting down next to me. He peered up at the house and cringed. "Eeeh, this place gives me the creeps. Hey!" He nudged me, jokingly. "I wonder if we did an EVP we could find the Ghost of Rory's past in there, y'know?" He laughed at his not well thought out joke, dorkily. Annoyed at the whole I died but didn't jokes, I slapped him in the back of the head and stood up.
"I wanna go in again..." I said, shoving my hands in my pockets.
"What? No, man...Don't do that! That'd be a load of rubbish in your--" He knocked on my head, "Bin if ya did! You know you've not gone in there since you grabbed your stuff and lived with us!" He backed up away from the house. "And me, I'd never go in there! Not if you paid me!" Rolling my eyes, I handed him a fifty pound check. "Challenge Accepted I suppose!" He said, slipping the money in his pocket. Its a wonder he even has to hint anymore! Jimmy's ALWAYS hinting towards him wanting money outta me, the little mooch! Finally, after gathering the courage to move my shaking legs, I started towards my old house...my whole past was in that house, beginning to end..I hoped and prayed that I could at least stand in there for one second and feel normal..
Jimmy grabbed my arm and held on tight as I walked to the door and opened it. I could hear HIS heart pounding at a million miles per second as he clenched my arm 'til it turned blue!
"Let go, JIM!" I hollered at him, and it echoed through the old house. Only a year and the place had turned to rubbish. I stepped in on the creaking floor boards and peered around the house.
"See? Totally normal.." I said, smiling and nodding. I was quite proud of myself for not chickening out and leaving the place to itself.

"I feel a bit of a rush of creepy!" He said, backing away to the entrance of the door for an easy escape if anything was to happen. I rolled my eyes again at him and took another look around. I looked down on the floor and checked around for any sign of my being shot. NOTHING.
Nothing was there.
I just wanted proof that it happened!
But with no witnesses or scars...no one believed me.
"Jimmy, whaddya say we go in the cellar?...." I said this with no reply so I swung around. Jim must've had a really bad creep moment and run away because there was no sight of him anymore. "Fine..." I muttered to myself and stomped to the cellar door. Suddenly, I remembered something... Bradley wanted me to read the scroll he laid out on the desk down in the cellar.
FINALLY!
Something interesting that most likely WON'T depress me!
With a rush of adventure, I ran down the stairs in the dark cellar once more as I had done a year ago.
And guess what, journal! Guess what I saw!
The 'zipper'! Still in the floor! Still bright as the silver and golden castle in my dream a long time ago!
I stammered towards it and looked all around me.
The walls were still painted with the light and I was walking on specks of glimmering dust. I actually found myself laughing aloud with joy.
Perhaps this 'zipper' had some way of bringing Bradley back!
..
But looking at the walls and remembering why they were painted so brilliantly with bright beams, I decided it was still hopeless.
If I stuck my hand in there, I'd turn out to be even more destroyed than the house was. Forgetting about that 'brilliant' plan, I decided to just go to the scroll Bradley laid out on the desk. Although it was covered in specks of glowing dust, I could still make out a bit of the drawing. picking up the board it was pinned to, I blew off all the shimmer and began to examine the important piece of parchment.
To my ABSOLUTE astonishment the drawing was of me....only, the strange part was, I looked a bit older, (I'm 16) I had blue eyes, (I have brown eyes) I was carrying a bow and arrows, ( I dunno how to use one of those) and there was a woman behind me wearing a black flowing dress. (Psht...don't even get me started on THAT one..)
There were words below it written in beautiful calligraphy reading:
"Orion and his lover Aphrodite"
Ah! There it is!
I'm safe...I'm not ORION. Psht.
But there was more.
Under THAT thing read:
"Preparing for battle with their parallel selves."
Oh...
Okay..
So, hopefully 'parallel selves' didn't mean perhaps someone who resembles them in every way except the traits of brown eyes, not knowing how to shoot a bow and having beautiful women around them...(At least 4 feet)....
Who..Am I kidding..
OF COURSE!
This is what I've been missing!
THIS is what Bradley wanted me to do!
My dad--
THIS is why Torad is taking my family away--they KNEW about this...they KNEW I was Orion...
But there was more writing.
" At the age of 18, The one who is parallel to Orion must do a very brave thing on the day of Orion's passing in the world. Orion will take an arrow to the chest and will not have the ability to regenerate, and at this moment when Orion shall pass, the one parallel must give up his life in one brave act of kindness. Once the parallel does this, he will be sent into the parallel world Orion was cast into. The parallel will not remember ANYTHING about this subject. (And neither will his friends and family). As this happens, Orion will also be sent back home to where he belongs, The Coelestial City, where he will stand again in the heavens guiding the way of lost wanderers.
Anyone who was accidentally mistaken for a Coelestian will be cast down to earth, once the Parallel sacrifices himself, and will forget all that he/she was told about the Coelestial City or the Orion ordeal..."
Thats it, I guess...
I must sacrifice myself for another in order to end the madness..
But I can't do it now!
I must wait 2 years? 2 more years of suffering this bothersome burden of being 'The Parallel'...
Fine...
I can..
and I will wait...