Status: In Process

If You Tell Me to Stay, I Will Stay Right Through

It's Just A Piece of Paper

The next morning Brian and I went with Natalie to get a new phone after his 8am interview.

While we were there Brian decided to get a new phone as well. Apparently his cracked screen just wasn’t cutting it anymore.

Meanwhile Natalie and I waited outside. “I need to call the guys. You guys have a photo shoot in two hours,” she informed me pulling out her new phone.

I nodded with a smile, “I like having you around Natalie.”

She smiled back, “Johnny? Are you guys ready? Ya’ll need to meet us for the photo shoot. No you cannot skip it. No Johnny. I don’t care. What? You are most definitely not sick. You better be there Johnny Christ.”

I smirked. Typical lazy ass Johnny.

She hung up with a frustrated sigh and turned to me, “Are you guys always this difficult?”

I opened my mouth to answer but before I could she said, “I’m not having this. I’m not having any of it. Larry put me in charge and I’m not going to deal with you guys acting like a bunch of babies who don’t want to get up for school.” A small smile threatened to appear on my lips but I tried to hold it back.

“I mean I agree completely Natalie. From now on, you won’t have any problems from me,” I raised my hands up as if surrendering with a grin completely stretched out on my face.

She arched an eyebrow, “Riiighhht. Let’s see how long that lasts.”

“Okay I’m ready,” we both glanced back to see Brian coming out of the store with his nose in his phone.

“Good. Time for a photo shoot, then Mr. Shadows here has an interview at 1pm then it’s time for sound check,” she read through the list as we got in the car.

“Man I fucking hate photo shoots,” Brian complained as he got in the driver’s seat of the rental.

“Well then I guess you and Johnny Christ have more in common that you think,” Natalie said from the back seat, shooting him a smile through the rearview mirror.

He gave me a look of disgust and proceeded to drive to the location of the photo shoot.

“Where are you?” Natalie asked who I’m guessing was Johnny on the phone again.
“JOHNNY CHRIST. Please tell me you’re joking. What about Jimmy and Zack?” Natalie asked with the sternest voice I had ever heard her use. “All three of you better be there or I’m quitting. No joke.”

My neck whirled around so quick I swear I heard it pop. I scanned her face for any sign of her just lying to get Johnny to the photo shoot but she looked serious as fuck. Those three better fucking be there.

“I told you Johnny Christ was bad news!” Brian laughed loudly making Natalie roll her eyes.

We finally pulled up to some rock magazine’s office. I always lost track of their names because quite frankly I didn’t care too much about being in a stupid magazine. Thankfully, Johnny, Zacky, and Jimmy were waiting outside.

“That’s what I thought,” Natalie muttered as she stepped out. I grabbed her hand and led her up to the door.

Jimmy scrambled up to hug her happily. “Hey Jimmy,” she smiled hugging him back.

“Please tell me I don’t have any interviews today,” he gazed tiredly down at her.

“Nope none for you today,” she said with a smile.

“So after this I can go back to the bus right?” He asked for reassurance.

“For sure. Everyone except Matt,” she said patting my back sympathetically. “We are meeting you guys at the venue.” For the first time, I didn’t mind going to an interview. She was coming with me, which made me fucking happy. “Alright guys get inside so ya’ll can get this over with.”

As soon we stepped inside the magazine people ushered us into a room where we would be interviewed and photographed. They eyed Natalie curiously and immediately took note of me holding her hand.

Welp. M. Shadows new girlfriend would be known to the world within a couple of hours. I silently cursed. I had no idea how she would feel about that. I wasn’t even divorced yet.

They started asking questions about the tour and which songs we were looking forward to performing and all that bullshit.

Then finally came the question, “So Matt, we noticed when you walked in that you were holding the hand of a very pretty girl. Who is she?”

Natalie instantly blushed from across the room where she sat watching the interview. I was fucked. What was I going to say?

“She’s Natalie,” Jimmy answered for me. “She is our new tour manager.”

“Wow! How is she doing so far?” the guy asked. Thank God. Maybe he would forget the holding hand thing.

“She’s bossy,” Johnny joked with a laugh. “But we’re so thankful to have her here.”

“So do you guys normally hold your tour managers hand?” he asked this time completely directing the message towards me.

“She’s someone I’m very fond of and that’s all I’m going to say about it,” I said curtly.

The interviewer fake smiled, obviously not liking my answer. “Well alright then. What are some of your biggest musical influences?”

And so on and so forth.

I sent Natalie an apologetic look. She shrugged and mouthed ‘It’s okay,’ with a smile.

After wrapping up the interview we stood against a wall as they snapped some photos. We put on our hardest most serious faces and as always I was fucking put in the front.

Natalie sat in a corner talking away on her phone, probably with Larry. They were supposed to be in constant communication.

Before I knew it, the photo shoot was over with and it was time for me to go to my interview while the guys headed to the bus. Damn it. They were going to leave me with the top bunk.

“Matt and I call the lower bunks,” Natalie stated as if reading my mind as soon as we stepped out.

The guys all whirled around to look at her and a huge fit of ‘It’s not fair,’ ensued.

“Natalie is the tour manager and what she says goes,” I interjected, liking her idea very much.

“No! The rule is whoever gets to the bus first gets the bunk of their choosing,” Brian argued.

“But since Matt and I have no choice but to go to this interview, we get to pick first,” Natalie argued back.

“That’s not fair! I can’t fucking get into the top bunk!” Johnny yelled causing all of us to erupt with laughter.

“Johnny there are more bottom bunks for you to choose,” Natalie reminded him.

“Yeah right! Like those three are going to let me have them!”

“Johnny calls a bottom bunk,” Natalie stated simply for him.

“WHAT?!” Zacky spoke up loudly. Jimmy and I watched with amusement. Jimmy never cared what bunk he got as long as he got to sleep well.

“That’s right ZV. Christ gets one of the lower bunks. Gosh you guys are dumb,” She laughed loudly.

“Excuse me?” Brian said crossing his arms.

“Um hello? Call out whatever bunk you want,” she laughed.

Not a good idea. Zack and Brian started arguing about who was getting which bunk.

She sighed and pulled me towards our rental. “Come on, you need to get to an interview. Later guys!” She called over her shoulder.

“Bye Natty!” Jimmy called back enthusiastically.

This interview wasn’t going to be in a typical office setting, we were set to meet at a café.

Supposedly this was going to get me more comfortable to open up more. Bullshit. I wasn’t new to the game. These people tried way too hard to get info out of us because we are so secretive about our personal lives.

Natalie walked ahead of me and opened the door to the café. She waved her hand motioning for me to hurry up.

I quickened my pace and instantly spotted the interviewer.

“Let’s get this over with,” I muttered to her. She smiled as we took our seats across from the interviewer.

After I answered the same typical questions that could easily be found on google, he proceeded to ask me about Natalie.

She remained quiet, letting me answer. I gave the guy the same answer I had given the other one.

“So you guys are just friends?” he asked again.

“She’s our tour manager, like I just stated,” my voice came out rough and angrier than I expected.

“Well that concludes our interview then, unless….you have something you want to add?” he asked leaning towards Natalie.

“Absolutely not,” she said as she stood up. “Thanks for your time. He’s late for sound check.”

I sent the guy a grin and followed Natalie out. As she reached the door I rushed up to her ear and said, “I love it when you take charge.”

She gasped. “Matt!” She swatted my arm. “Why do you always do that to me!?”

“Do what?!” I asked even though I knew what she meant.

We walked to opposite sides of the car and got in. “You know exactly what I mean,” she said pointing her finger at me.

“Nope. No idea,” I smiled as she drove us to the venue.

“Oh please. Stop playing games Matt,” she rolled her eyes.

“You’re speeding. That’s against the law Officer,” I said leaning over to examine the speedometer.

“Like you don’t do it all the time,” she retorted.

“I don’t baby,” I leaned even further until my lips touched her cheek.

“STOP IT. STOP IT RIGHT NOW,” She scolded.

I threw my head back and laughed. She quickly parked and jumped out of the car.

“Hurry up! You’re late,” she called over her shoulder.

I followed behind her, my cheeks hurting from grinning so hard. She walked with a fast pace, as if in a hurry to get away from me. I let her walk ahead and admired her body happily. She had one of the nicest bodies I had ever seen.

The guys were already waiting for me when I walked into the venue.

“Finally dude,” mumbled Zacky as he picked up his guitar.

Natalie’s POV
I watched as the guys did their sound check. Matt had a huge grin on his face while he watched the others goof around.

I looked around at all the chaos, people running left and right trying to get the stage ready and that’s when I noticed Jacoby from Papa Roach.

He was standing in front of the stage with his arms crossed over his chest and a small grin playing on his lips. My heart instantly sped up, my throat closed, and I could feel my hands sweat as I grasped my clipboard tightly.

Holy shit. So THIS is what it felt like to be star struck! I had grown up listening to Papa Roach. I used to be the lonely, angry teenager who blasted them through my speakers every day after school while barricaded in my room.

“You must be Natalie,” an unrecognizable voice said from the seat beside me. I came face to face with a muscular tattooed guy. I immediately took notice of a tattoo he had of Val on his arm. What the fuck?

“Uh yeah that’s me,” I smiled.

“I’m Jason, one of the techs. It’s nice to meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you from Shadz. Looks like you’ve been putting all of em’ in their place huh?” he grinned.

“Well I’ve been TRYING,” I corrected him with a grin. He seemed pretty cool.

“I see you eyeing Jacoby over there,” he nodded towards the Papa Roach frontman, who was still laughing at the guys being dumb.

“Oh not like that! I just…I’m a huge fan,” I admitted shyly.

“Aww well come on! I’ll introduce you!” He stood up holding his hand out.

“What? Oh no! That’s okay! Really-“

“Oh shut uuuppp. He’s a cool dude. HEY JACOBY!!” he yelled cupping his hand around his mouth.
Jacoby instantly turned towards us and shot Jason a grin and a nod. Jason motioned for him to come over. Jacoby nodded and walked over to us.

My stomach twisted and turned. I had waited for this day for such a long time. I can’t even imagine how teenage Natalie would’ve reacted.

“Dude this is Natalie, the new Avenged tour manager. She’s a huge fan so I thought I’d introduce you guys,” Jason pushed me towards him.

“Ahhh nice!! It’s nice to meet you Natalie! Probably have your hands full with those guys huh?” he laughed as he engulfed me into a hug.

Teenage me would’ve died right now.

“It’s so nice to meet you. I’m such a big fan,” I gushed shyly.

He chuckled as he threw an arm over my shoulder, “She’s a shy one huh?” he said to Jason.

“Well I only met her right before you did, but from what I’ve heard they have a grand old time with her being shy,” Jason laughed loudly.

“Oh I’m fucking sure,” Jacoby grinned down at me. “The Rev must definitely love that huh?”

I nodded at loss for words. I felt stupid. I couldn’t have a simple conversation with anyone.

“Get this, she’s an ex-cop!” Jason informed him.

“No shit?! Well I don’t usually get along with cops but I’m sure you’ll be the exception,” he laughed.

“I don’t have the best record,” he said with a wink, making me blush furiously.

“I see you’ve met my girl,” Matt’s raspy voice came up from behind us. Jacoby immediately dropped his arm to face him.

“Hell yeah, Jason was just telling me that she’s an ex-cop,” Jacoby grinned.

Matt chuckled, “Ever heard of a shy cop?” He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close.

“Never in my fucking life.”

They all shared a laugh. I just looked at each of them wondering if it was really that funny.

“Hold on, are you star struck?” Matt gaped at me, pulling slightly away to look at my face.

“No.” I lied.

“Hey Rev!! She’s star struck dude!” Matt yelled over to Jimmy who was in deep conversation with someone who looked just like Jason.

Jimmy laughed loudly, his tall lanky figure immediately strode over to us to join in the conversation.

He pulled me away from Matt. Towering over me he reached over and playfully put me in headlock,
“We’re supposed to be your favorite!”

Everyone laughed. “Aww leave her alone, everyone gets star struck,” Brian, to my surprise, came to my defense. He smiled at me as he took a drink of his beer.

Thankfully, everyone started talking about something else. Well technically it was still the same thing. They started talking about crazy fan experiences, which made me feel crazy.

I excused myself and said I needed to make sure everything was ready for the show, but really I was just wondering off to the dressing room to think.

Matt kept confusing me. He just told Jacoby I was his girlfriend, but he just told the magazine people that I was someone he was fond. So were we or were we not? I was old fashioned though. I preferred to be asked directly. But even if he asked me, would I say yes?

I jumped up as tattooed arms wrapped around my waist from behind me.

“Hey, you okay?” he muttered into my ear.

I nodded. “Sorry for putting you on the spot out there,” He mumbled.

“Oh it’s fine. Don’t worry about it,” I assured him as I leaned my back onto his chest.

“Well something is on your mind. What is it?”

“I’m just confused,” I admitted.

Matt pulled away and grabbed my hand. He led me to a couch and pulled me onto his lap.

“About?”

“Well…things are weird between us. I have no idea what is going on right now.”

He nodded, “I know. Honestly, I just want you to forgive me already. I want to move past that and actually be a couple.”

“But Matt, you’re not even divorced yet,” I reminded him.

He sighed heavily and tilted his head back onto the couch. “I know, I know. She won’t sign the fucking papers. All of a sudden she fucking changed her mind and it’s pissing me off. I just want to be with you already.”

“I would just feel uncomfortable being in a relationship with someone who is still technically married,” I groaned. “I want to be with you too Matt. I really do. I just wish it wasn’t so complicated.”

He let out another frustrated sigh, “But I’m not really married you know?”

I cocked an eyebrow, “Yes you are.”

“No, I’m not. It’s just a paper. I’m not in any sort of relationship with her anymore,” he explained.

He had a point, but still….

I found myself holding back tears. “Hey don’t cry. Please don’t cry. I promise everything will be okay,” He whispered leaving kisses on the side of my face.

At this point it was frustrating. Who was I kidding before? I really want to be with Matt. I want things to be official. I couldn’t even be mad about him kicking me out. I felt like I had another problem to worry about.

“Sorry I don’t mean to be a baby about it,” I felt my face redden.

“You’re not being a baby. I’m frustrated too you know? I just want you to know that it is YOU that I want to be with. Val isn’t in the picture anymore. It’s just a piece of paper,” He rubbed my arm comfortingly.

Well now everything was out in the open. Now he knew and now I knew. We both wanted to be with each other. Now we could only hope that Val would sign the papers.

My phone buzzed loudly in my pocket. I fished it out and Matt and I both looked at the screen. It said "Unknown." My heart hammered against my chest. Matt's eyes hardened angrily, his jaw tense.

And then there was this problem...what did this guy want now??
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. I only got three comments on the last chapter...and only one on the chapter before that which was disappointing.
Hope to get some more feedback this time. :)

Hope you guys are having a good weekend!

Thanks to: <3 <3

acid_rain88
sarahnicole_93
JamieJo