Status: In Process

If You Tell Me to Stay, I Will Stay Right Through

His Silence Says It All

We sat quietly as my phone rang and rang. We were both probably thinking the same thing, how had he, once again, managed to get my number?

Suddenly Matt snatched the phone out of my hands. “No Matt!” I yelled as he brought the phone up to his ear.

No. That was a mistake. A huge mistake.

“What do you want?” Matt’s voice sneered into the phone like poison.

My heart thumped wildly. It was eerily quiet in the room for a few seconds as Matt listened. He gave me a confused look.

‘What?’ I mouthed to him. He shook his head and frowned.

“Hello?” he asked again. Finally after a few seconds he pulled the phone away from his ear and hung up. “Weird. No one said anything.”

“Really? Maybe it wasn’t him. Or maybe he figures he has the wrong number….” I said thoughtfully, my heart finally slowing down to a normal beat.

Matt shrugged, “Hopefully that means he won’t be calling back right?”

“I don’t know Matt…those guys play dirty. He’s probably going through theories right now. He’s wondering if maybe he got the wrong number, he could also be wondering if I have you involved now and if it was you that answered but then he’s confused because he knows I would never involve you. Come to think of it, I’m surprised he hasn’t tried anything against you. Maybe it’s because he thinks you’re strictly my boss. So that goes back to the first theory. He’ll call back again and make sure he does have the wrong number although that won’t last long since those stupid magazines are going to print out that you have a new girlfriend. So, from now we can’t act like a couple in public. AT ALL. I’ve got to call the chief to see what he thinks….sorry am I rambling?” I looked at him. His mouth was slightly open….he looked like a deer in headlights.

“How-how the fuck did you come up with all of that?” He asked incredulously.

“It was my job to think like a criminal Matt. Besides…I’m pretty sure you could’ve came up with those conclusions on your own too…it’s not like he’s a serial killer…their motives are like…way different and slightly more complicated. I just come up with them quicker because I’ve had years and years of practice,” I calmly explained. “Although-“

He interrupted me by roughly grabbing my chin and smashing his lips into mine. He grabbed my hips tightly and pulled me closer in his lap. I reached up to run my hands through his hair, making his famous M. Shadows hat and bandana topple off of his head. We desperately kissed for a good while.
It was amazing how much he made me feel by kissing me.

“That was the sexiest shit I’ve ever heard in my life,” He muttered into the kiss. “My baby is fucking smart.” He pulled away and ran his hands from my neck down to my waist. “You’re so fucking perfect.” His eyes were filled with lust, instantly turning me on.

“Hey Shadz! You need to practice your vocals and-“ Johnny swung the door open. “Oh. Sorry guys.”

“It’s okay Johnny,” I smiled getting up from Matt’s lap.

“Come on Shadows, go practice your vocals,” I grinned as I reached my hand to pull him, failing miserably as he was much bigger than I was.

He chuckled and leaned in to kiss me again before pulling me towards the door.

Larry had written a side note on the page he had given about pre-show rituals. Apparently, Matt liked the room to be cleared out so that he could peacefully practice his vocals.

So on that note, “Alright guys, everyone out so we can let Matt do his thing.” I ushered the guys out.

“So Natty,” Johnny smiled sweetly as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

“Yes….”I asked said eyeing him suspiciously.

“That interview I have tomorrow…” He began.

“Nope. Don’t even think about asking me to cancel it,” I cut him off immediately.

“Damn it!” He sighed dramatically. Zack, Brian and Jimmy snickered.

“HA! Told ya it wouldn’t work Short Shit,” Jimmy laughed as he roughly pushed Johnny against the wall of the longest hallway of my life.

“This is the longest hallway of my life,” I complained to no one in particular.

“I was just thinking the same thing!” Zacky said as he sighed dragging his feet.

“Where are we even going?” Brian asked.

“I’m just following her,” Zack pointed at me.

“You guys can do what you want, I was just going to the bus to make a few calls,” I said as I kept walking with my nose in my clipboard.

“I’m gonna go see what P Roach is doing,” Jimmy said as he turned the opposite way followed by Brian and Jimmy.

“I’m coming with you,” Zacky said to me. “So anyways have you heard from psycho stalker?”

I nodded, “Just now. Well at least I think it was him but he got caught off guard because Matt answered.”

“Oh shit. Did Hulk scare him off?”

“Mmm I think he just confused him. He might think he has the wrong number. He’ll call back to make sure,” I replied looking straight ahead.

“Wow. So like why hasn’t he been arrested?” Zacky questioned.

“Those type of people are hard to catch. They have contacts everywhere. For instance, if he tried to watch me right now or just…I don’t know…try to kidnap me, he would set up a perimeter. He would have people watching his back making sure the cops don’t show up or that there aren’t any close enough to answer the call.”

“Well shit….shit…that’s gotta be stressful on you Natalie,” his voice softened.

“It is. Which is why I told Matt that if we were to be in a relationship, it can’t be public for the time being. It could put him in danger, you know?” I looked at him. He was deep in thought, his eyebrows furrowed together.

We continued walking towards the busses in silence. I silently prayed that I hadn’t scared him. I just felt that this type of thing shouldn’t be sugarcoated anymore. They could potentially be in as much danger as I am and they needed to be aware of their surroundings.

As we reached the door Zacky came to a halt, “What is it?” I asked him curiously.

“Could he try something…like right now?”

“Mmm it would be hard to and stupid. Not only is this venue crawling with security guards but also cops, you can’t have a rock show without cops,” I smiled trying to ease him up.

He nodded, “True. Those fuckers ruin everything. No offense,” He smirked.

“None taken,” I grinned as he opened the door to the bus.

My phone began ringing as soon as we stepped in.

I gasped, “It’s him again!” I pointed to my phone.

“Oh shit. What do we do? Should I pretend that it’s my phone?” Zacky asked quickly.

“I don’t know…I don’t know….um…okay but change your voice!” I demanded urgently.

Zacky cleared his throat and answered with a deeper than usual voice, “HELLO?!”

I covered my mouth to hide my grin. “WHO IS THIS?” Zacky asked demandingly. He covered the phone with his hand to let out a quick laugh.

“YOU HAVE THE WRONG NUMBER YOUNG MAN,” Zacky bellowed into the phone. He had to pull the phone away again to let out another laugh.

I had tears streaming down my cheeks, I wanted to laugh out loud but I couldn’t.

“THIS IS HAROLD MILLER,” Zacky informed him.

‘Harold Miller??? Are you fucking kidding me?’ I mouthed to him. He shrugged innocently.

“OKAY BYE,” as soon as Zacky ended the call we both burst into a fit of giggles. Yes, giggles. Zacky Vengeance giggles.

It was the type of giggle where shit was so scary and funny at the same time that it made you delirious.

We would stop every few seconds, take one look at each other and start laughing all over again.

I wiped my eyes, “Zacky-…that was….the most….hilarious shit…” I said in between laughs.

“Okay….” I sighed trying to get it out of my system, “What did he say?”

“Well he definitely seemed to believe that I’m Harold Miller,” Zacky busted out laughing once again, this time his laugh was sure to echo to the next state.

I grinned, “Stop laughing my stomach hurts now,” I said trying to not laugh again. “Come on, we need to get you back inside. Papa Roach is about to go on,” I laughed pushing him out of the bus.

“I thought you had some calls to make?” Zacky questioned curiously.

“I did….but I highly doubt I can get through a conversation without laughing,” I explained with a grin.

We failed miserably at containing our laughter all the way back to the dressing room.

The smiles were immediately wiped off of our faces when we realized Matt had a visitor.

It was none other than Valary herself.

Zacky shot me a confused look.

Val sat perfectly content on one of the couches watching the guys get ready as if it wasn’t weird that she was here.

Matt mouthed an ‘I’m sorry,’ to me which I didn’t acknowledge. She was comfortably here without a care in the world because he was allowing her to. If he really didn’t want her here he would ask her to leave…she wouldn’t be here.

“So, I see you’ve taken my job,” Val said as she stood up and walked towards me.

“Didn’t know this was your job.”

The guys all shuffled around nervously. “Technically, it’s Larry’s job that she took,” Jimmy cut in.

Val rolled her eyes, “Well it won’t be necessary for you to be here anymore. I will take it from here,” she said lowly in an almost threatening way.

“ACTUALLY, she signed a contract. So even if you do want your job back, Val, it is now legally Natalie’s,” Brian laughed. “Sorry!”

“Matt? What do you have to say about this?” Val turned to him expectantly.

Matt sighed, obviously torn between the two of us. There was no question that Matt still had strong feelings for his wife, which I expected. What I hadn’t expected was for it to hurt this much. He shook his head as if stating that he wasn’t going to answer her.

But now, the conversation from earlier about being together was no longer valid. He had sounded so sure. IT’S JUST A PAPER, was what he told me. Clearly, it was still more than that.

“Val…I…it’s Natalie’s job now,” Matt answered carefully.

“Well is she riding in the same bus as us?” She questioned.

Us? She was on tour with us now? What the fuck was she trying to do?

“Yes, her stuff is already situated on the bus,” Matt sighed. He glanced at me, his eyes were apologetic but it didn’t take the disappointment away, in fact, I felt it even more. He looked like a lost puppy. Cat got his fucking tongue.

“Sorry but you’ll have to move to the roadies bus,” Val pouted her lip, trying to emphasize that she felt sorry for me.

“Oh. No worries. I’ll move my stuff right after the show,” I said with no expression. Matt looked away to avoid my face.

“Hold on just a minute-“ Zacky began, but I held my hand up to stop him.

“It’s not a problem at all,” I assured him.

“See? No problem at all. If you seriously want to stay on our bus then I suppose I can share a bunk with Matt. Right babe?” She looked up at him as she clung to his arm.

I looked away, that was something I didn’t want to see or hear. “Val…please stop,” He said quietly.

“Well if you guys need me, I’ll be watching Papa Roach,” I forced a smile and left the room, closing the door quietly behind me.

I let out a long sigh and blinked back tears. That girl was definitely out to humiliate me. And so was he. How easily he had given in to her.

I headed to the side of the stage. The crowd was going crazy as the band performed.

I was so into the music, trying to forget what had just happened, that I hadn’t realized Jimmy was standing next to me. I looked up at him and he beamed down at me.

“You okay Natty?” He asked leaning down to me ear.

I nodded, “I’ll be fine Jimmy.”

“Please don’t let her win. And do NOT take your stuff out of the bus,” He pointed down at me.

“Jimmy…I don’t want to cause problems. It’s just easier for to go along with it, for now,” I explained sadly.

He shook his head with disapproval and turned back towards the stage.

If only things were as easy as he said.

Finally, it was time for A7X to go on stage. I watched from the side and Val stood a few feet away from me with a satisfied smirk on her face.

Jacoby stood next to me grinning. “So how are they behaving? Keepin’ em in line?”

“Oh they don’t listen to anyone,” I complained playfully.

He let out a laugh as we watched Matt talk to the crowd, bringing me back to disappointment. I just couldn’t believe he had let me down this way.

“You good?” Jacoby asked eyeing me curiously.

“Yeah I’m good, just tired!” I laughed trying to sound as convincing as I could.

He believed it though and laughed along before leaning in to tell me that he was going to head to his bus since A7X was almost done. I nodded and headed to the dressing room to wait.

I got some towels ready and water bottles. Within a few minutes Jimmy burst through the door, obviously still pumped up from being on stage.

“That was fucking sick!!” he said as he wiped his sweat with the towel I handed him.

“You guys did great,” I smiled.

Brian, Zacky, and Johnny walked in with huge grins on their faces.

I handed them each a towel and listened with a smile as they discussed their favorite moments.

I realized HE hadn’t walked in yet. Probably making out with Val somewhere. I rolled my eyes. God, he was fucking stupid.

He soon walked in followed by Val. He didn’t look too happy. I wasn’t sure if it was because of me or Val.

Zacky talked my ear off as we headed back to the bus. “Did you see that chick that flashed me her boobs?”

“No I did not Zacky,” I said with a laugh.

“She was fucking hot-“ He continued. I was only half listening as I realized it was time for me to move to the other bus.

“Natalie you don’t have to do this,” Brian stood behind me as I grabbed my bags.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll be fine,” I smiled.

Matt stood by watching silently.

“You seriously have nothing to say dude?” Johnny asked him.

“He doesn’t have to. His silence says it all,” I said abruptly pushing past him and heading to the other bus.

Zacky ran up behind me, took one of my bags and walked me to the other bus.

“Alright guys listen up,” Zacky announced. All of the roadies, including the twin brothers stopped what they were doing and looked up at Zacky. “Natalie is going to be staying on this bus temporarily for a stupid reason called Val.”

“That’s cool with us,” Jason shrugged, while the others nodded.

“Actually, I was wondering if someone wanted to switch with me,” Zacky continued.

What?

I looked at him curiously. “I know her better than you guys and it’s not that I don’t trust you guys, I mean come on, you guys are like my brothers. I just want her to feel comfortable so I wanna stay here. Anyone wanna trade?” He asked.

Oh Zacky. I felt my throat tighten.

“I’ll switch,” Matt Berry lifted his hand.

“Sweet. I’ll go get my shit,” Zacky shot me comforting smile and took off to get his stuff.

Matt B headed to the back to get his stuff. “So guys which bunk is empty?” I asked with a smile.

“Oh you can just have Matt’s. His is at the bottom. Plus ZV would be right above you because the bunk above Matt’s is empty,” Jason grinned.

I nodded and headed towards the bunk area. Matt was leaning down taking his phone and whatever else from his bunk, “Alright, it’s all yours Nat,” he smiled.

“Thanks Matt,” I smiled back.

“Hey thanks for switching with me dude,” Zacky said coming up behind me.

“Dude it’s no problem. The bunk right above her is empty,” He informed Zacky. “I’ll see you guys at the next stop.” We watched as he walked towards the front to leave.

“Zacky, you didn’t have to do this-“ I began.

“Oh shush. I wanted to. Plus, I like your company. When Matt finally comes to his senses we’ll head back that way okay?” He squeezed my shoulder reassuringly. I nodded even though I wasn’t so sure that Matt would come to his senses or that I would even want to go back if he did. “Come on, put your stuff down and we can sit up front and have some beers with the guys so you can get to know those crazy mother fuckers.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, I have three tests to study for :( but here it is. Please let me know what you guys think! :)
Matt's being a little girl, how disappointing :(
Zacky is so sweet isn't he? :)

Special Thanks To:

AshleyDel28
acid_rain88
Cityofghost
Deep.Black
Avengedbaby00
glooriiaa7

I loved the comments! Please keep them coming!!! :D